ADVERTISEMENT

..and then there were two.....who are the best QB's in the NFL after this weekend?

Jordan Love definitely sneaks in over Herbert and maybe higher on the list. What Love did in his first year starting with how young and unheard of his entire offense is was remarkable. As extraordinarily improbable as it is, the Packers appear to have hit 3 HOF QBs in a row.

Jordan Love definitely sneaks in over Herbert and maybe higher on the list. What Love did in his first year starting with how young and unheard of his entire offense is was remarkable. As extraordinarily improbable as it is, the Packers appear to have hit 3 HOF QBs in a row.

I wondered about this exact scenario...I'm fine sliding Herbert down one spot for Love but no way I'm even whispering the words HOF in the same sentence yet....plus it feels like Herbert is a sleeping giant who's been handcuffed by coacbing and that Hargod will awaken. I'd probably still take him over Love but certainly wouldn't die on a hill over it.

I wondered about this exact scenario...I'm fine sliding Herbert down one spot for Love but no way I'm even whispering the words HOF in the same sentence yet....plus it feels like Herbert is a sleeping giant who's been handcuffed by coacbing and that Hargod will awaken. I'd probably still take him over Love but certainly wouldn't die on a hill over it.
As I typed it, I knew the HOF comment was bold, but I’m calling it. Love will get a ring and maybe even be traded to the Jets at the end. I do think that part of the game is semi-real, where legitimately the best QBs are rewarded with more and bigger wins.

They are at times forced to fall on their sword for whoever’s year it is though. Mahomes will get his back to back wins this decade like every star QB before him who has won 3 even though everyone was counting them out and probably not betting them. “They’re too distracted by Swift, commercials, no alpha receiver” blah blah blah.

Mahomes. By like 10 miles. It’s not close.
Burrow
Allen
Jackson.
Purdy
Stroud would be 6 on my list.

Tbis is how I evaluate players when i'm having a debate about it...or at least one of the ways..I ask myself if every GM and coach in the league could start over and have any QB they wanted, who would they take with the benefit of hindsight..

...I find it hard to believe Lamar would go #4

But I like your top 3 :)

Reactions: HuskerJag
Move Purdy Down,,,,,did you watch the game yesterday??????
I did. I look at it as who would you draft if picking qb's right now. If you had a qb draft right now to reset qbs on each team are you taking Stroud or Purdy? I'm taking Stroud.

I did. I look at it as who would you draft if picking qb's right now. If you had a qb draft right now to reset qbs on each team are you taking Stroud or Purdy? I'm taking Stroud.

Not crazy...Stroud looks like a hit...but today i'm going Purdy until I have a tad more sample size.

Thank you for keeping Dak off this list... Ready for that inconsistent dude to move on

Dak is the definition of purgatory. I've no idea what you do if yer a GM for Dallas. Its easy to say move on but who's next man up?? Plus, Jerrah's got one foot and eith toes in the grave...can they draft and develop a QB to get them to the promise land before the last 2 toes make it into the coffin?

Dak is the definition of purgatory. I've no idea what you do if yer a GM for Dallas. Its easy to say move on but who's next man up?? Plus, Jerrah's got one foot and eith toes in the grave...can they draft and develop a QB to get them to the promise land before the last 2 toes make it into the coffin?
There's more quality QB's in the draft this year as a whole then I can ever remember... They need to put themselves in a position to snag one for the future

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I hate everything about the Chiefs: Mahomes, Kelce, Taylor Swift and their stupid weasel mascot....but if I'm taking the blinders off, it's hard to argue against Mahomes being the absolute best right now and by a sizable margin....the pace he's on, I think it will be inevitable that he goes down as the GOAT

There's more quality QB's in the draft this year as a whole then I can ever remember... They need to put themselves in a position to snag one for the future
Agree about the Cowboys but I hope Jerry screws it up. Regarding QBs in the draft, there is a lot of potential. Time will tell if it compares to 1983 (Elway, Marino, Kelly, Blackledge, O’Brien, & Eason).

Will be interesting to see if Rodgers still has it next year. And I bet Brady could have helped a team this year, he's probably still better than half the starters in the league.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Kinda of a thrashing of a conversation because that target moves every year. 1 year ago we had Hurts as the dude pushing Mahomes.
Herbert doesn’t belong anywhere near a list that includes Mahomes, Burrow and Allen. Purdy is fine on that team, but time will tell when their talent ages out like it is in Philly Stafford and Goff have more than proved theirselves. Dak and Lamar will continue to take massive grief until they do it when it matters most, and justifiably so. Far too early for Stroud talk but he had a fantastic rookie season. Same with Love, but damn, he looked poised down the stretch. Beyond Mahomes, Burrow and Allen, this list will move around from season to season.

Not sure the parameters, but based on this season alone… (keep I mind I don’t fall victim to recency bias)

1. Lamar
2. Purdy
3. Tua
4. Goff
5. Dax
6. Josh Allen
Tell us you’re incapable of rational thinking without telling us. Oh wait, you just did. If your goal is to make yourself look stupid, you are succeeding wildly. Mahomes is the greatest.

Tell us you’re incapable of rational thinking without telling us. Oh wait, you just did. If your goal is to make yourself look stupid, you are succeeding wildly. Mahomes is the greatest.
His stats just aren’t very good this season. Just a statistical fact .. don’t be so emotional

His stats just aren’t very good this season. Just a statistical fact .. don’t be so emotional
I was talking to this goofball yesterday before the game and he was going on and on about Lamar and the MVP. I told him there was one metric that mattered, but before I could say it, another guy interrupted me, and said “yeah, Super Bowl wins” of which your list has zero.

Mahomey has kicked ass all over the record books, so I guess he’s winning there, too.

two big 12 quarterbacks going head2head.

patrick mahomes starting to be spoken of in the tom brady tier. first, we'll see if he can fill out the left hand finger rings before getting too carried away with that line.

16754461789752.jpg

I was talking to this goofball yesterday before the game and he was going on and on about Lamar and the MVP. I told him there was one metric that mattered, but before I could say it, another guy interrupted me, and said “yeah, Super Bowl wins” of which your list has zero.

Mahomey has kicked ass all over the record books, so I guess he’s winning there, too.
Reading comprehension isn’t a strong suit for you. I said based on this season. There hasn’t been a Super Bowl winner this season yet. I can certainly revise my picks after Super Bowl if you’re so worried about it.

KC’s defense won them last game. Mahomes has been average all season with a few good games. Will he have a a great game in the SB.. maybe. Or maybe he’ll revert to his mean this year and just play average to below average like he did against Baltimore.

Pretty much.. Besides not having Mahomes and Burrow in the top 6..
Burrow was hurt so didn’t include him. My evaluation was based purely on this season.

Mahomes poor qb rating of 92 kept him off my list. There is a reason Mahomes wasn’t up for any mvp awards this year.

Agree about the Cowboys but I hope Jerry screws it up. Regarding QBs in the draft, there is a lot of potential. Time will tell if it compares to 1983 (Elway, Marino, Kelly, Blackledge, O’Brien, & Eason).
2004 was better

Burrow was hurt so didn’t include him. My evaluation was based purely on this season.

Mahomes poor qb rating of 92 kept him off my list. There is a reason Mahomes wasn’t up for any mvp awards this year.
If that’s your criteria fine.. But I judge the majority of them than just this season..

No owner would pick Dax over Mahomes given the choice..

two big 12 quarterbacks going head2head.

patrick mahomes starting to be spoken of in the tom brady tier. first, we'll see if he can fill out the left hand finger rings before getting too carried away with that line.

16754461789752.jpg
even if Patti ties Brady for rings, he'll still never be the same.

Patti took over a team that had 10-12 wins in 5 of the previous 6 seasons with a head coach who already had Super Bowl experience.

Brady took over a bad-mediocre team with a coach that was 41-55 at that point.

QBRPAAPLAYSEPAPASSRUNSACKPENRAW
90.216.812127.019.57.1-0.70.387.8
82.54.2679.19.6-0.60.00.270.7
79.98.09215.69.26.5-0.5-0.177.4
78.94.6659.910.2-2.70.02.473.3
76.08.88115.911.84.2-1.3-0.182.2
74.73.7417.47.30.0-0.70.178.4
74.27.18814.45.48.8-2.40.175.8
66.46.612416.816.00.4-3.10.468.0
54.71.0544.34.00.4-1.1-0.156.6
49.22.1939.78.21.3-4.40.158.1
42.80.1733.51.81.7-1.00.050.3