ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska vs Illinois

Deserved to lose that game. Terrible game plan and effort from players and guys with the ties

Reactions: TheNewNU
Jesus christ some of you people are amazing. One of the best seasons in decades and you act like you expected a national title. This team has shown games that they could play with some good teams. Now you are saying off to the NIT. Win out and one in the conf tourney and still a decent chance to get in.

One says fire miles (im assuming sarcasm) but with the way this bi-polar thread is going you never know. If not that comment may have been dumber than Watson's 3.

Reactions: chicolby
The line just got fishier(Neb +1). Maybe the Illini players weren't out partying last night. They actually have some decent young talent and gave us all we wanted in Lincoln in January. Let's hope our guys are focused and on top of their game. This game could be tougher to win than the next two.

I hit the under hard and backdoored it. Had a little on Nebraska parlayed but I don't like fishy lines. Still, good effort to come back after halftime and again, the under hit!

Was this really a "bad game" and the the Huskers really "fall asleep" I mean, the Illini basically beat the Skers at home a month ago...now they just got worked over on the road by an Illini team without a starter...

I think maybe Illini just matches up really well with NU since neither team has a big.

we played zero D in the first half

For the RPI guys, do we have to win the tourney now to get in?

What if Nebraska wins out and gets to the Conference Finals?

Not that I see that happening, but that would seem to be the only path I see to an at-large bid. Need to erase this loss and a good showing in the Conference Finals would be the only way I can see this team making it in...

Undisciplined bad shot selections and terrible free throw shoot the women's and men's teams are interchangeable

I hope if we get to the BIG championship game that we’d still have a chance. That’d be 2 Q1 wins in a row.

Jesus christ some of you people are amazing. One of the best seasons in decades and you act like you expected a national title. This team has shown games that they could play with some good teams. Now you are saying off to the NIT. Win out and one in the conf tourney and still a decent chance to get in.

One says fire miles (im assuming sarcasm) but with the way this bi-polar thread is going you never know. If not that comment may have been dumber than Watson's 3.

I don't think they will beat PSU. Indiana is a toss-up. I suppose there is still a shot to make the dance, but it's a very small chance.

I knew this game was gonna be a bitch! It ain't over yet for this team. Let's see how things play out now through the Big 10 tourney!

Reactions: yunginsNU2

This is Tim's best team, and will be for quite some time by the looks of things. Both sides have a legit gripe.

Reactions: yunginsNU2

2 months of good basketball in 6 years. This University deserves better.

Tim Miles is a good coach.

The teams at the bottom of the Big Ten are capable of upsetting the teams at the top of the league. If you play them over and over you will get beat eventually.

Yes it does deserve better but come on. With a weak ass B1G this year why is anybody expecting great thing? If this were a normal year for the B1G then this team would probably be at best 15 wins right now. Shit be happy they made history. They have a lot of talent right now.

Nebraska beat Illinois at home by 1. On the road with a sellout Illini crowd doesnt surprise me they lost. Especially being a game where offensively they played one of their worst games in a month.

If we win out we'll still be the #4 seed, correct?
Yes, but now the Huskers almost certainly need to win the 4-vs-5 matchup to get a bid, assuming they get there. Might have needed to win that one anyway, but now there's no wiggle room at all.

Reactions: Hoosker Du

I don't think you realize how much this loss is going to hurt our chances. I think it's silly to suggest firing Miles, because it isn't going to happen after a season like we've had, but I would guess we just made it so we would have to win an additional game in the B1G tourney.

Nebraska beat Illinois at home by 1. On the road with a sellout Illini crowd doesnt surprise me they lost. Especially being a game where offensively they played one of their worst games in a month.
They are last in a bad league.

Hard to sustain a long winning streak in college basketball, even against so-so competition.

My biggest disappointment today is that the Huskers got in the double bonus early in the second half, and didn't capitalize at all. Wish they would have attacked the 3/4 court press more, instead of just settling into the half-court offense.And when they did get to the line, NU didn't sink enough of their FTs.

Hard to sustain a long winning streak in college basketball, even against so-so competition.

My biggest disappointment today is that the Huskers got in the double bonus early in the second half, and didn't capitalize at all. Wish they would have attacked the 3/4 court press more, instead of just settling into the half-court offense.And when they did get to the line, NU didn't sink enough of their FTs.

As I've said before, I don't like this team settling into any half-court sets. These guys were made to run, slash, press and gun. GBR

Reactions: huskerfan66
As I've said before, I don't like this team settling into any half-court sets. These guys were made to run, slash, press and gun. GBR
Yeah I'm not a fan of allowing an opponent to apply backcourt pressure and not making them pay a price for it - especially when they have no real rim protector on the back end. Huskers didn't turn the ball over against that 3/4 press, but the press was effective because time went off the shot clock and NU had a lot of crappy possessions.

Last edited:
I don't think you realize how much this loss is going to hurt our chances. I think it's silly to suggest firing Miles, because it isn't going to happen after a season like we've had, but I would guess we just made it so we would have to win an additional game in the B1G tourney.

I agree 100% but I guess we just have to wait and see what happens. Instead of going over the edge, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
They are last in a bad league.

Great point and Nebraska struggled to beat them at home, what makes you think they should beat them in a hostile environment in which when is the last hostile environment Nebraska has went to in the past month and won?

Lets fire a coach after a 20 plus win season.

2 months of good basketball in 6 years. This University deserves better.

We are historically one of the worst basketball schools in the country. We have had zero success between Danny Nee and Miles. Miles has produced probably two of the ten best basketball seasons in the history of this school. I’m sorry that it’s still not very good, but you don’t go firing a coach that is one of your most successful coaches you’ve ever had. Context matters and the reality is that no one will do much better. This isn’t the football argument of “who would you get” either. This is “this guy is doing great compared to our history”

Reactions: Baxter48
Yeah I'm not a fan of allowing an opponent to apply backcourt pressure and not making them pay a price for it - especially when they have no real rim protector on the back end. Huskers didn't turn the ball over against that 3/4 press, but the press was effective because time when off the shot clock and NU had a lot of crappy possessions.

When Nebraska has guys that can win against elite competition in the half court, I'll be sure to give credit where credit is due. Until then, it would be nice to see Miles play to his strengths. My biggest fault with the guy. He recruits athletes that can run the floor and slash and press and get open shots in transition. Why not implement that system?

I agree 100% but I guess we just have to wait and see what happens. Instead of going over the edge, sit back and enjoy the ride.

the remainder of the ride is considerably less enjoyable when you are sitting in a pool of vomit

We are historically one of the worst basketball schools in the country. We have had zero success between Danny Nee and Miles. Miles has produced probably two of the ten best basketball seasons in the history of this school. I’m sorry that it’s still not very good, but you don’t go firing a coach that is one of your most successful coaches you’ve ever had. Context matters and the reality is that no one will do much better. This isn’t the football argument of “who would you get” either. This is “this guy is doing great compared to our history”

Strickland and Rich King and others from the Nee era were plenty good. I still think Miles can recruit. Improvement from here is possible. GBR

Strickland and Rich King and others from the Nee era were plenty good. I still think Miles can recruit. Improvement from here is possible. GBR

Completely agree. Nee was the high point for Nebraska basketball. One could argue Miles is next in line, and is certainly the best thing since the 1990’s

Great point and Nebraska struggled to beat them at home, what makes you think they should beat them in a hostile environment in which when is the last hostile environment Nebraska has went to in the past month and won?
And yet here you are claiming Miles can't be expected to do better with his most talented team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT