ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska did good keeping Frost, possible assistant coaches

What was Baylor dealing with before Aranda? How quickly you forget. Baylor has very deep pockets if they want for their football coach. There is absolutely no excuse for not being in the top 5 in recruiting at Florida. None. His 2022 class was ranked 45th when he was fired this fall.
Florida recruiting class ranking:
2018: 17
2019: 8
2020: 7
2021: 11

Couldn't recruit, my ass, and that's more than good enough to field a nationally competitive team.

I put that mouth breather on ignore. I've never seen a person more clueless about sports.
Nah. He's not clueless. He's just emotional and maybe a little illogical about Husker football. He makes some good points but is unwilling to consider the other side of the debate as having merit. It's kind of that way for most of us.

Florida recruiting class ranking:
2018: 17
2019: 8
2020: 7
2021: 11

Couldn't recruit my ass, and that's more than good enough to field a nationally competitive team.
His class this year was ranked 45th.... I repeat 45th when he was fired. His results on the field killed his recruiting in Florida. I would take him in a heartbeat at NU as our OC but I don't think he could recruit to NU for the longer term as a head coach. JMO.

LSU, USC, Washington, and Florida all went after guys we would have had zero interest in anyway. Oklahoma and Notre Dame were very late to the party. Heck they might not even be targeting the same guys we want. We should be able to out-compete any of those other schools for our top choice.
I don't know, I'd take lincoln riley...he's pass happy, but 4 & 5 star recruits follow him around like puppy dogs

a lot of times thought it's not just the head coach you want to higher
like cincy's or baylor's hc's might be great...but is it mostly them or their oc's?

I will be on record saying I won’t complain about who the next coach is… I don’t care who, I’ll give him a chance… he will be far better than ginger Jesus mister 36%er
I am not happy about keeping the current loser but understand we can’t do much about that.
I don’t know who will be available next year but we won’t get any big name, we need to luck out and find an up and comer no one knows about.
Always got the impression that Frost is a man of the people. So, I'd rather he be a 36%er than a 1%er

What I find interesting about this smorgasbord of blue blood level football programs hiring coaches is that there was very limited to no interest in going after some of the really wow hires that people throw out here.

As desperately as these schools want to win no one made a serious overture towards throwing silly money at Gruden or Meyer. If Brady Quinn is to be believed LSU was sort of in desperation mode when they offered his mentor the moon to come down and hoping he'd take it. L S U, one of the premium brands in modern CFB.

Dave Aranda hasn't moved, so in and so forth. It would appear that hiring teams at multiple big time programs are operating differently than most message board posters think hiring is done. They seem to either value different criteria or get turnd down behind the scenes far more often than we think.

UF wins the WTF award from me for hiring Billy Napier. Seriously.

• Love
Reactions: dinglefritz
It will be the Army OC and one of the Coastal Carolina guys, IMO. Would make complete sense too since Frost and those two guys can create the most efficient modern option attack in the country.

What I find interesting about this smorgasbord of blue blood level football programs hiring coaches is that there was very limited to no interest in going after some of the really wow hires that people throw out here.

As desperately as these schools want to win no one made a serious overture towards throwing silly money at Gruden or Meyer. If Brady Quinn is to be believed LSU was sort of in desperation mode when they offered his mentor the moon to come down and hoping he'd take it. L S U, one of the premium brands in modern CFB.

Dave Aranda hasn't moved, so in and so forth. It would appear that hiring teams at multiple big time programs are operating differently than most message board posters think hiring is done. They seem to either value different criteria or get turnd down behind the scenes far more often than we think.

UF wins the WTF award from me for hiring Billy Napier. Seriously.
Yep. Basically all of the big names besides two stayed and nobody expected the ND coach to leave. He only left for the money too. He can't even come up with a consistent reason for why he took the LSU job for crying out loud. IMO, Kelly is a bad fit at LSU and will not have the success they want.

Always got the impression that Frost is a man of the people. So, I'd rather he be a 36%er than a 1%er
Yeah, but he’s shitcanned with that 36% win pct. We are stuck one more year so it is what it is. I like the Mickey Joseph hire, but really the OC will be the make or break hire. Will be interesting to find out who it will be…

costals coach as oc & qb coach (with his transfer qb) or maybe lsu's oc
bears raiola as oline coach (with his nephew as qb recruit)
mickey as wr coach and recruiting coordinator check
bill bush check or ricky brumfield possible special teams coach.
this just leaves a rb coach

Last edited:
Yep. Basically all of the big names besides two stayed and nobody expected the ND coach to leave. He only left for the money too. He can't even come up with a consistent reason for why he took the LSU job for crying out loud. IMO, Kelly is a bad fit at LSU and will not have the success they want.
Why do you think he makes a bad fit?

People were saying similar when he took the ND job.

Yeah, but he’s shitcanned with that 36% win pct. We are stuck one more year so it is what it is. I like the Mickey Joseph hire, but really the OC will be the make or break hire. Will be interesting to find out who it will be…
I'd rather our line coach turned out to be the best hire. We can run whatever we want with a solid offensive line.

BK is an asshat and stick in the mud. LSU is a party city social town.

If he's a shut in who pisses a bunch of people off but finds a way to win he's fine. Bo could have coached here 20 year with a conf title or two. But if he's not knocking on the door of a natty pretty quick it'll be pretty easy to pick apart his fit and culture and run him out of town.

I think BK fits way more at ND than LSU.

Could be a year. Could be 20. Hell he might be a head coach in waiting.
Mickey seems to be highly thought of in a lot of places. I think he would be a really good hire as a RC and WR coach. Just think, Bo hired a golf pro to be his WR coach......

It's turbulent every year. Next year will be no different. The only difference is more of our talent will be depleted, and we'll have a much harder time attracting a coach.
Look at USC. They have been down for years but they had no problem attracting a good coach. Just because we are down doesn't make Nebraska an unattractive job.

• Wow
Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT