ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA March Madness

its-madness-william-frawley.gif

Reactions: piercebs
none really. knowing nebraska with almost 100% certainty won't make it next year either. i'd venture to guess near 100% chance we aren't in the tourney in the next three seasons.

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
Arizona looks like a tough out to me. Not a Cats fan by any means, but they hit a home run on their coaching hire.

It's not madness. It's just basketball. 🤷‍♂️

Of the Big10 teams, Iowa is probably sitting in the best place for success. Both bracket and personnel wise. Then Wisconsin(???).

Trying to wrap my head around Purdue. They don’t give me warm fuzzies about their team in the tournament.

I use the word synergy to describe Big10 basketball. Lot of good individual players and teams. Not great teams. I feel like the whole (conference) is greater than the sum of the parts (players and individual teams). Works great for conference image, just doesn’t result in National titles.

I’d like to win my Buffett $1mil per year bracket .. any upsets you love? Wisky go down first round?

Arizona looks like a tough out to me. Not a Cats fan by any means, but they hit a home run on their coaching hire.

That's my pick. I'm hoping they play zaga in the final. Zaga will be the favorite and I'm going to pile a whole lot of $ on Zona.

Hope WY beats Ind. Big had no business getting 9 teams in.

Creighton got jobbed both in seed and in placement.

Hope WY beats Ind. Big had no business getting 9 teams in.

Creighton got jobbed both in seed and in placement.
I'm rooting for Wyoming too, but at least Indiana played its way in this time. In the Archie Miller era they cried their way in - or tried to.

Michigan, on the other hand, should have either been left at home or put in the Dayton round.

Reactions: FuzzyFreddy
March Sadness 2.0 - Markowski ending seasons and plows thru to the title.

Watch out Gonzaga for the Big10 Freshman of the Year!!!

Love ya, Lady Huskers!!!
Markowski_Alexis_Nebraska_1920x1080_WBB_2022_SB_8424.jpg

Last edited:
Man it seems like Rutgers has outplayed the Domers all night, but now they’re down. Good game, though.

That felt more like an 8-9 or 7-10 game than a play-in. Well-played, Knights just couldn’t put ND away when they had them down.

I can never fully accept these play-I’m games. The real tip-off starts soon just in time for some corn beef and cabbage.
I generally agree, but this was a good game. The coaches (especially Mike Bray) sort of sucked the life out of it near the end by calling endless timeouts, but it was still an exciting finish.

I generally agree, but this was a good game. The coaches (especially Mike Bray) sort of sucked the life out of it near the end by calling endless timeouts, but it was still an exciting finish.
It is the postseason, so the coaches are mandated to call at least one timeout per possession in the final minutes so they can set up the perfect offense or defense.

Reactions: schuele
How did Coach Miles not recruit Baylor Scheierman? I remember watching him at the State Tournament in 2019 and thinking this might be the best college prospect from Nebraska since Strickland.

My God the CBS talking heads are laying on the blueblood BS with a shovel. Why, it's an absolute miracle that Michigan is only down 7 to the mighty CSU Rams.

CSU Rams are wilting, unfortunately. Helped by the fact that the officiating crew must have gotten a stern finger-wagging at halftime. Good Lord.

CSU Rams are wilting, unfortunately. Helped by the fact that the officiating crew must have gotten a stern finger-wagging at halftime. Good Lord.
I think it has more to do with the fact that CSU can’t throw it in the ocean in the second half. And Michigan is really shooting well.

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
Mountain West teams always lose in the first round. Always pick against them in your bracket.

I think it has more to do with the fact that CSU can’t throw it in the ocean in the second half. And Michigan is really shooting well.
Some CSU guys couldn't miss early in the game, and they got away from getting the ball to Roddy. They cooled off and just kept shooting, and Roddy hasn't been much of a factor. Need to get your best player the ball and find shots for him, and the Rams didn't.

Reactions: HuskerJag
Mountain West teams always lose in the first round. Always pick against them in your bracket.
Yeah I was surprised Wyoming even got in, actually. San Diego State is pretty solid, though. I think they might oust Creighton tonight.

Jackrabbits with a nice rally. Down to one possession game.

Baylor Scheierman would have be a great fit for Creighton given his range. Big miss by McDermott. Rumors have him entering the portal to Nebraska.

• Haha
Reactions: tjlSker90
Foul on that 3-pointer with about a minute left was a killer for the Jacks - FTs stretched the deficit from 3 to 6. Not the worst call ever, but a bit of a bailout on a desperation heave.

Foul on that 3-pointer with about a minute left was a killer for the Jacks - FTs stretched the deficit from 3 to 6. Not the worst call ever, but a bit of a bailout on a desperation heave.

given how that game had been called, it was an awful call.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT