ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketology

The last 6 games are all winnable. Hoping they can finally put a win together on the road against Indiana and that will propel them to a 6-0 finish... but 3-3 is certainly possible the way the season has gone.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I believe as long as they keep their Jekyll and Hyde trend going they are in….so..Win last three home games, and lose last three road games
I hope you are right but it may take 4-2 in the next six to actually happen. And then maybe one win in the conference tournament to feel safe and be over the hump. I am making no predictions with this squad.

I've really been the "one game at a time" guy for the past month. But, at the risk of being a hypocrite, I'll just say I'm hoping that this year we can do something in the conference tourney. We almost never show up with a pulse and that better not be the case this year.

I am the same way, although the 1 game at a time is within a bunch of small 4-game mini-stretch of games when only B1G games remained. Tried not to get too disappointed when the road game woes were so low, but then savor the home game wins, especially against ranked teams.

It is nice to be talking about NCAA seeding at this point in the season. Hasn't happened very often. To be honest, seeding is immaterial. I just want IN!!!

I hope you are right but it may take 4-2 in the next six to actually happen. And then maybe one win in the conference tournament to feel safe and be over the hump. I am making no predictions with this squad.
Things were not accounting for is other teams winning more down the stretch than we do.:

4-2 is pretty important in winning a road game or first win the the B1G tournament..

Must win the 3 home games and at least one of the 3 road games. If not, will need to win a couple in the Big Ten tournament.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Must win the 3 home games and at least one of the 3 road games. If not, will need to win a couple in the Big Ten tournament.
🙄 this would make Nebraska a 8-9 seed. 3-3 and one tourney win and Nebraska is N. 3-3 and no tourney wins and things get stressful, but I think they are still in

🙄 this would make Nebraska a 8-9 seed. 3-3 and one tourney win and Nebraska is N. 3-3 and no tourney wins and things get stressful, but I think they are still in

We'll see. Right now we are one of the last teams in, and we don't have any more opportunities for another Quad 1 win on the schedule (except possibly at Ohio State). A bad home loss could push us off the bubble if other bubble teams pick up more Quad 1 wins.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
We'll see. Right now we are one of the last teams in, and we don't have any more opportunities for another Quad 1 win on the schedule (except possibly at Ohio State). A bad home loss could push us off the bubble if other bubble teams pick up more Quad 1 wins.
Ohios state is an opportunity. Hopefully kstate can win another game and get back in the top 75.. it would be a nice gift since we have to put up with @AVeritas 🤣🤣

gotta win out @ home and win one or two on the road to even have a shot. Their NET rankings and road record is hurting them badly. The Wisconsin win is getting less attractive too.

gotta win out @ home and win one or two on the road to even have a shot. Their NET rankings and road record is hurting them badly. The Wisconsin win is getting less attractive too.
You’re overvaluing total net rankings. Colorado is # 39 and they are barely on the bubble. Nebraska has three quad one wins and zero bad loses. Historically, these are things committee highly values

Reactions: leodisflowers
One of my concerns is how the committee selects teams and whether they use consistent criteria across the board. I can see them using NET rankings to justify certain teams to get them an at-large bid, then Quad 1-2 wins for other teams to justify those selections, then road record for others, etc. A person would like to think NU has been in the NCAA conversation for the past 1 1/2 months, but we are likely battling committee bias because of our history.

You’re overvaluing total net rankings. Colorado is # 39 and they are barely on the bubble. Nebraska has three quad one wins and zero bad loses. Historically, these are things committee highly values
Yeah Colorado's NET has been in the 20s and 30s most of the year, but they're not getting in without a deep run in the PAC-12 Tournament.

Reactions: scarletred
Yeah Colorado's NET has been in the 20s and 30s most of the year, but they're not getting in without a deep run in the PAC-12 Tournament.
Pac 12 is criminally underrated by the braindead media because the games are on past their bedtime

Opposite is of course true for the B1G which gets 8+ teams in every year and none make the 2nd weekend

Reactions: schuele
Pac 12 is criminally underrated by the braindead media because the games are on past their bedtime

Opposite is of course true for the B1G which gets 8+ teams in every year and none make the 2nd weekend
CU also had their best player out for a few games. When they are healthy they are nasty.

Reactions: king_kong_
CU also had their best player out for a few games. When they are healthy they are nasty.
Buffs are talented and should have been able to make the tourney this year. But Tad Boyle does them no favors with his blockheaded approach to the game. Any team with close to equal talent can just jog the ball up the court, set a ball screen and get absolutely any mismatch they want, because by Gawwwd Tad ain't ever gonna play a sissy zone or do anything that puts the opponent off-balance.

This was the best chance Boyle will ever have to win a conference title. But CU will finish 5th-ish and the Denver media will still love him to death. He's Teflon Tad, after all.

Reactions: zrob and king_kong_
As far as I’m concerned we’re still on the bubble when we’ll know more by March 1st..
I feel very strongly that if we win the next 2

Penn St
@Indiana

We'd be 19-8

- 0 Quad 3 losses
- 0 Quad 4 losses
- Wins over Purdue, Michigan St, Northwestern, Wisconsin, @Kansas St, @Indiana, Ohio State

It would take an 0fer to not make it at that point... and that would require losses to Rutgers and Minnesota at home. I do not see this happening.

Win the next 2 and hold court

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Buffs are talented and should have been able to make the tourney this year. But Tad Boyle does them no favors with his blockheaded approach to the game. Any team with close to equal talent can just jog the ball up the court, set a ball screen and get absolutely any mismatch they want, because by Gawwwd Tad ain't ever gonna play a sissy zone or do anything that puts the opponent off-balance.

This was the best chance Boyle will ever have to win a conference title. But CU will finish 5th-ish and the Denver media will still love him to death. He's Teflon Tad, after all.
Is it that they love him or that they don't care?

Is there a big buff basketball fan base?

Is it that they love him or that they don't care?

Is there a big buff basketball fan base?
No, the fan base is pretty small and most people don't care at all about Buffs basketball. But the Denver media isn't indifferent to Boyle - they absolutely adore him. You would think he's regularly competing for conference titles and making the tourney on a regular basis, and he's not even sniffing that level of success.

No, the fan base is pretty small and most people don't care at all about Buffs basketball. But the Denver media isn't indifferent to Boyle - they absolutely adore him. You would think he's regularly competing for conference titles and making the tourney on a regular basis, and he's not even sniffing that level of success.
Same Denver media that fawns over Bud Black

Reactions: schuele
Why is that?

Why is that?
Nice guy. Knows how to schmooze reporters. Plays that poor-little-underdog-taking-on-big-meanies-like-Arizona-and-UCLA extremely well.

And I'm not saying CU should fire Boyle, but he's been to the tourney twice in the past 10 years and his seat is not even lukewarm.

Reactions: BTF69
Nice guy. Knows how to schmooze reporters. Plays that poor-little-underdog-taking-on-big-meanies-like-Arizona-and-UCLA extremely well.

And I'm not saying CU should fire Boyle, but he's been to the tourney twice in the past 10 years and his seat is not even lukewarm.
See, it if funny you say that because as a CBB fan, I would have thought he had taken them to the dance more than that.

I feel very strongly that if we win the next 2

Penn St
@Indiana

We'd be 19-8

- 0 Quad 3 losses
- 0 Quad 4 losses
- Wins over Purdue, Michigan St, Northwestern, Wisconsin, @Kansas St, @Indiana, Ohio State

It would take an 0fer to not make it at that point... and that would require losses to Rutgers and Minnesota at home. I do not see this happening.

Win the next 2 and hold court
We’re more likely beating Ohio St or Michigan than Indiana..

We’re more likely beating Ohio St or Michigan than Indiana..
Not what the predictors think. Little tiny bit better of a chance against Michagan, but it's pretty close

Screenshot_20240213_220321_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240213_220411_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240213_220340_Chrome.jpg

How many Final Fours for the PAC 12 in the past 15 years? When was the last time a team from the PAC 12 won a natty?

See, it if funny you say that because as a CBB fan, I would have thought he had taken them to the dance more than that.
And Boyle's only tournament win in those 10 years was over a .500 Georgetown team that somehow won the Big East Tournament.

Reactions: BTF69
How many Final Fours for the PAC 12 in the past 15 years? When was the last time a team from the PAC 12 won a natty?
15 years? Zero titles for pac 12 or B1G. Same with last 20 years.

Recent history - since 2021:

Pac 12 has sent 1 team to a final four and 4 to the elite 8

B1G with double the bids has sent zero to the final four and 1 to the elite 8

15 years? Zero titles for pac 12 or B1G. Same with last 20 years.

Recent history - since 2021:

Pac 12 has sent 1 team to a final four and 4 to the elite 8

B1G with double the bids has sent zero to the final four and 1 to the elite 8
One Final Four? That's the same number as the Mountain West, WCC, American, and C-USA over the past 3 years. Year after year, the PAC-12 is consistently rated below all the other high major conferences, and even some mid majors, usually somewhere around 6 or 7. The B1G has had almost 3 times as many Final Fours as the PAC 12 in the past 25 years, and the B1G is absolutely a second rate, overrated league.

The position that the PAC 12 is criminally underrated is untenable, with no basis in reality. And the results on the court, nor the metrics that prove it, have anything whatsoever to do with anyone's bedtime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT