ADVERTISEMENT

Lions - Niners

I hope the Lions win...easier team for my Chiefs to win another title against IMO
I actually think of the Niners win the chiefs are definitely beating them. Lions not so sure.

LOL. This almost never fails when you see a comeback like this: largest comeback in NFC championship history? 49’ers in 2012. 17 points.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Wow so Fox threw this is everyone’s face. I brought up this matchup in the other thread from 1957 but I did not realize the insane parallels that are playing out in this game. The 9’ers were up 24-7 in that game at halftime (sound familiar?) It was the Lions that stormed back and won 31-27, which is what the score will be if the Lions get 7 more. That was the last time the Lions won a playoff game on the road and an extremely improbable, eerily similar game is playing out before us right now.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Wow so Fox threw this is everyone’s face. I brought up this matchup in the other thread from 1957 but I did not realize the insane parallels that are playing out in this game. The 9’ers were up 24-7 in that game at halftime (sound familiar?) It was the Lions that stormed back and won 31-27, which is what the score will be if the Lions get 7 more. That was the last time the Lions won a playoff game on the road and an extremely improbable, eerily similar game is playing out before us right now.

The revised NFL script.

Mahomes >>> Purdy

I'm picking the Chiefs. Would have rather seen Detroit, but I'll take the better QB here.

Good grief, here we go.

Bad play calling?

Not catching passes right in your hands?

I was rooting so hard for the Lions but Dan Campbell’s refusals to kick FGs cost them the game.

I don’t know….i think in this situation you play to win. A FG doesnt stop the SF momentum but a TD sure would have an effect. On the road you gotta take it if you want it.
When your up 24-10 and have all the momentum, you kick that first FG and don’t give SF a chance. I have never seen a team collapse so fast after that.

I don’t know….i think in this situation you play to win. A FG doesnt stop the SF momentum but a TD sure would have an effect. On the road you gotta take it if you want it.
The Reynolds drops were huge, and Campbell blew it. If he is gonna get all of the love for being aggressive, then it’s fair to call him out for failing at understanding the situation and his opponent. Points were at a premium against SF in that 2nd half. He failed his team.

Last time these 2 played in a Super Bowl the world went to shit shortly thereafter. Hope SF can salvage the season

serious question, I don't watch a ton of NFL until the playoffs but, how did the niners stack their roster with all those all star players? When do the wheels fall off the wagon salary cap wise?

Having a qb on the cheap makes it possible
to stack talent

Most of that team (by a wide margin) was drafted in the last few years..they have a ton of studs on the cheap right now. I can only think of one high profile player, McCaffery, they went out and got. I'm sure there's more but that team is not built on high priced free agents.

Most of that team (by a wide margin) was drafted in the last few years..they have a ton of studs on the cheap right now. I can only think of one high profile player, McCaffery, they went out and got. I'm sure there's more but that team is not built on high priced free agents.
What about DE opposite Bosa? He was drafted by Washington correct?

Reactions: Huskers123456
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT