ADVERTISEMENT

Last good line coach

When Brendan Stai was here as an assistant, he did some great things with a shit line. He is one we should bring back

Callahan was not a good head coach, but he was a proven O-line coach. His lines got better as each season progressed.

???? Are you laughing because you you're wrong?

No I am laughing because Stai really didn't do too much for the short time he was in that position. For the last part of Bo's tenure it was Garrison that did most all of the work with the OL. I think any credit for the numbers that were put up during that time should be directed towards him. He is a young guy with a lot of energy and I think it would have served Riley really well if he would have kept Garrison on his staff when to took over.

No I am laughing because Stai really didn't do too much for the short time he was in that position. For the last part of Bo's tenure it was Garrison that did most all of the work with the OL. I think any credit for the numbers that were put up during that time should be directed towards him. He is a young guy with a lot of energy and I think it would have served Riley really well if he would have kept Garrison on his staff when to took over.

Garrison did a good job, but it was Stai that made it work. That's been stated by a lot of people very close to the program that I trust.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Garrison did a good job, but it was Stai that made it work. That's been stated by a lot of people very close to the program that I trust.

Maybe, but if you look what Garrison has done at UNLV. In 14 before he got there, UNLV was #102 in rush offense, in 15 they were #36, last year they were #15 and currently they are #4 in rushing offense. That is a pretty big turnaround for a really bad team.

Maybe, but if you look what Garrison has done at UNLV. In 14 before he got there, UNLV was #102 in rush offense, in 15 they were #36, last year they were #15 and currently they are #4 in rushing offense. That is a pretty big turnaround for a really bad team.

Very impressive. I wonder if we could also get their offensive coordinator in the same position here or maybe even as HC

No arguing Garrison. I think he did a decent job, but did hear that Stai has the goods, and was great in his short time with NU.

Stai in interview this week was complimentary of Cav......blames a lot of the play on inexperience.....fwiw

Reactions: dinglefritz
Here’s another wrinkle to add to this discussion… When was the last time we had anyone on the offensive line that was a finalist for any kind of awards? Coaching has been really bad, but we don’t have the horses either…

Here’s another wrinkle to add to this discussion… When was the last time we had anyone on the offensive line that was a finalist for any kind of awards? Coaching has been really bad, but we don’t have the horses either…
I think we have some horses but the best horses are young and unbroken IMO. OU and Stoops struggled mightily a few years back when they were forced to play a couple of freshmen in their O line but they got better each and every year and were outstanding by their junior years. It's asking a BUNCH of very inexperienced guys to do what they're trying to do. Even Conrad has only played 3 games at center ever in his life.

Reactions: timnsun
Stai in interview this week was complimentary of Cav......blames a lot of the play on inexperience.....fwiw

Nebraska has a bunch of inexperience on the offensive line in 2017? I didn't realize Gates, Foster, Farmer, and Knevel are freshman. Winking

Reactions: JPR95
Nebraska has a bunch of inexperience on the offensive line in 2017? I didn't realize Gates, Foster, Farmer, and Knevel are freshman. Winking
Not my quote _ just the messenger. I don't disagree with you

Although Conrad, farniok were both on the line last week and foster really for just part of last yr. still seems the group should be further along......

Last edited:

Who said they were freshman? Foster played in what, 3 games last year? Knevel hasn't played since week one and was replaced by? A freshman. And who's starting at right tackle this week? A true freshman getting his first game reps ever (I know, if that damn Cav would rotate, Jaimes would be game tested and ready to go now, right?). Center? - someone making their first start, replacing someone who had started at center a whopping 3 times

So you're right, other than left guard, center and right tackle, the Huskers have lots of experience.

Who said they were freshman? Foster played in what, 3 games last year? Knevel hasn't played since week one and was replaced by? A freshman. And who's starting at right tackle this week? A true freshman getting his first game reps ever (I know, if that damn Cav would rotate, Jaimes would be game tested and ready to go now, right?). Center? - someone making their first start, replacing someone who had started at center a whopping 3 times

So you're right, other than left guard, center and right tackle, the Huskers have lots of experience.

My previous post had just a "hint" of sarcasm in it. You must not have noticed at 3:59 am. Winking

I know they aren't freshmen and most are juniors/seniors.

I hope you have a great rest of your morning. ;)

Last edited:
My previous post had just a "hint" of sarcasm in it. You must not have noticed at 3:59 am. Winking

I know they aren't freshmen and most are juniors/seniors.

I hope you have a great rest of your morning. ;)

It was late. Flew right over y head. Sorry.

Reactions: TFrazier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT