ADVERTISEMENT

LA Tech PC notes

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
Coach Rhule Press Conference Notes: -Rahmir Johnson dislocated his shoulder, done for the year -Gabe Ervin dislocated his hip, done for the year -Dwight Bootle shoulder injury, will redshirt, done for the year -After Anthony Grant, Emmett Johnson is ready to play -Quinton Ives will have to step up too -Emmett is similar to Rahmir, 3rd down back -Anthony Grant has worked on protecting the ball, which is why he played a lot vs NIU -it’s Anthony Grant’s show now -always going to play the guy that gives the best chance to win, talking about QB’s -gives props to NIU DL once again -likes how FB’s Lindenmeyer and Liebentritt came in and stepped up -likes Fidone’s block on Billy Kemp’s TD -Coach Osborne talks about 1.5 knockdowns per play, we had a lot of them -Phalen Sanford is an EXCELLENT special teams player, runs a 4.3 40 -special teams has been good and bad, haven’t had enough of the “wow” plays -Expect Cam Lenhardt to have a chance to practice TOMORROW -offensively LA Tech will be a challenge, doesn’t seem concerned about the defense -LA Tech plays man and pressure on defense -a lot can be better on defense. Coach Tony and Coach Coop are not result based, they’re process based -not taking the ball away enough, “as hard as we’re hitting people, we gotta punch the ball out” -Teddy Prochazka is getting closer and closer -guys are accelerating because they’re getting game reps -a lot of the players had belief before they won, even more belief after the win -Coach Rhule’s experience at memorial stadium was “unlike any experience he’s ever had” -great for recruiting -Heinrich Haarberg has a connection Fidone -Heinrich is respected by his teamates -Coach Rhule never will beg anyone to stay, but will try and explain the vision to players -Called Jimari Butler when he entered the portal and said “what are you doing, of course we think you’re a good player” -Fleeks can do anything he wants if he puts his mind to it -Thomas Fidone is a way different player than he was weeks ago -wants the younger guys to watch film with the older guys -Marques Buford started individual drills yesterday, in a perfect world, would love for him to play the last four games and redshirt -grass is better than turf -Coach Rhule and Coach Cook went to the rodeo together #GBR

Coach Tony White Press Conference Notes: -DL is executing at a high level, they believe in what they’re doing -Coach Rhule is coming up with an effective defensive game plan -Nash Hutmacher is starting to understand how good he is, “one of the best DLineman in the country” -Nash does everything right, good grades, low maintenance -Coach Rhule is always figuring out ways to make sure everyone is motivated, even after a win to not become complacent -when it shows up on the grass, people believe -right now, we’re an “improving defense” -need to work on pass rush, thinks there’s a lot of missed sacks right now -LA Tech is all that matters right now -able to play a lot of players because the players recruited from the previous staff had a lot of potential -Javin Wright has the traits, tall, long, explosive, and fast. They had to move him to backer because it fits his roll better -LA Tech is explosive, similar to Colorado -Coaching in memorial was a bucket list deal -Coach Rhule isn’t about talk, he’s about do

Coach Rhule LA Tech Press Conference Notes: -Jeff Sims not 100%, but playing well and throwing the ball well -first time Coach got emotional talking to the team about Rahmir -not sure if Rahmir will ever play again -Gabe Ervin had surgery yesterday -Rahmir Johnson and Dwight Bootle are having surgery today -Coach EJ Barthel is working overtime -anticipate LA Tech being a high blitz team -protections as RB is the biggest jump from high school to college -the standard for freshman is the same as the standard for seniors -every week challenge the team two things: go 1-0 this week, and to improve -LA Tech can “absolutely beat you” -Sonny Cumbie knows how to score points -“i have no problem playing multiple guys” at QB -who Coach Rhule chooses at QB, will be whoever “gives us the best chance to win” -winning comes first -challenged them last week to be better on 3rd down, they made that improvement -also want to see more turnovers on defense -want to see the “difference makers” be deference makers” -Saturday’s poor forecast isn’t a concern, they practice with wet footballs and in the rain -“I hope it’s a messy ugly day” -Cam Lenhardt is a gametime decision, was out there a little bit at practice last night -Blaise Gunnerson is full-go

I'm channeling my 70's, 80's, and 90's fan self for this game. All those 49-7 type games I sat thru to the end back then to watch the 2's and 3's, and even deeper on the depth chart, take the field and see what the future looked like.
I think we’re seeing a lot of the future already early in games. Lots of young guys are getting game reps

I think we’re seeing a lot of the future already early in games. Lots of young guys are getting game reps
I'm interested in the fate of Buddha Wright. He's in his fifth year, but injuries and a serious illnesses really limited his play to just this year and last. Will they carry him for his Covid year? Bullock also has a sixth year. Those two could be starters next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT