ADVERTISEMENT

Lance Leopold

He will do his best to give Frost the business next year.
Not sure what they have returning but that may be Frost’s second of many losses next year.

I believe this is who SE wanted to hire as HFC. They were together for all of those championship runs at Wisconsin Whitewater

The guy is intriguing for sure.

He has to hit while the iron is hot and go somewhere after this year, don't you think?

If he sticks at Buff another year timing could work. He has Neb ties and is a heckuva coach.
What are the ties?

He was an incredible D-3 coach, he won 6 National Championships I believe. But I'd be pretty wary about his lack of high-level college experience. Even Turner Gill had success at Buffalo.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Moos is a fraud too. He will go back into retirement and leave it up to someone else to fire Frost next season. Boosters need to turn up the heat on him too.
Unless he robs a bank or bangs the president's wife, Moos isn't leaving until the new facilities are completed.

Lance would be a great hire...I get that he is not a sexy hire but that is not what NU needs at the moment. They need someone that takes care of the small things first.
A guy who will be 57 before next season who has spent no time at a P5 school except a couple of years as on campus recruiting coordinator at NU, not a sexy hire? Get out of here. Why wouldn’t we want a really nice guy, late in his career, who had better than expected success on a smaller stage. We haven’t tried that before have we? Wonder how it would work out?

Reactions: huntered
He was an incredible D-3 coach, he won 6 National Championships I believe. But I'd be pretty wary about his lack of high-level college experience. Even Turner Gill had success at Buffalo.

Buffalo is a shit job though and they only have 4 conference losses in the last 3 seasons.

Recruiting at NU is never the issue, you will basically always be 4th best in the conference at recruiting, Jeffery Dahmer could be the head coach and NU would still finish 4th at recruiting in the conference.

Reactions: headcard
A guy who will be 57 before next season who has spent no time at a P5 school except a couple of years as on campus recruiting coordinator at NU, not a sexy hire? Get out of here. Why wouldn’t we want a really nice guy, late in his career, who had better than expected success on a smaller stage. We haven’t tried that before have we? Wonder how it would work out?

Haha, I get it, I do, and you have a good point.

That's actually the perfect age. We'd want a guy who would stick around for 8 to 10 years and build this into a powerful program and then retire if he wanted to. Someone that really understands how to build a winning culture and sets high standards for his team. I'm so sick of this weepy buddy ball. I love you man. Puke. We are such hot garbage at the fundamentals of football.

That's actually the perfect age. We'd want a guy who would stick around for 8 to 10 years and build this into a powerful program and then retire if he wanted to. Someone that really understands how to build a winning culture and sets high standards for his team. I'm so sick of this weepy buddy ball. I love you man. Puke. We are such hot garbage at the fundamentals of football.
That is a good age for someone who has already proven it at the P5 level, not for someone to try to figure it out. He hasn’t even been a P5 coach, much less head coach.

Perfect age is late 30’s- lates 40’s like Fleck, Campbell, Day, Lincoln Riley, Smart, Diaz (maybe). Granted mostly those guys have better jobs than NU already.

My point is name 5 guys who got their 1st P5 shot after age 57 and were successful and I bet I can name 50 who got their 1st shot before age 50.

That is a good age for someone who has already proven it at the P5 level, not for someone to try to figure it out. He hasn’t even been a P5 coach, much less head coach.

Perfect age is late 30’s- lates 40’s like Fleck, Campbell, Day, Lincoln Riley, Smart, Diaz (maybe). Granted mostly those guys have better jobs than NU already.

My point is name 5 guys who got their 1st P5 shot after age 57 and were successful and I bet I can name 50 who got their 1st shot before age 50.
you're completely blind in that he's built every team he's been associated with into winners. I'd take Leopold over all of these 30-year-old Fanboys who are only looking for their next opportunity

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT