ADVERTISEMENT

QB situation is on Rhule

You don't think that there's been improvement year over year with the coaching staff change?
The offense is not better. The defense is. The special teams is the same dog poop. So it's pretty much a wash. You might be hopeful things are better, but that's just hopium.

who was the last guy that could do that? Ganz?

Ganz was probably the last pass first guy that way legit. The guy Riley brought in want very good. Armstrong was dual threat who might have been pretty good in this offense.

Hell id take Taylor Martinez. N not sure who I wouldn't take over what I've seen the last couple weeks.

Holla

MSU’s punter was great today. Great hang time and good coverage equals fair catches.
must be nice

though on 3 punts we had plenty of room to run

coaching staff said all they wanted kemp to do was catch it following a week of boasting about how little they like what they've done on punt return this year

Rhule made a lot of mistakes today. He deserves criticism. Stop acting like he’s perfect. Look no further then the fair catch BS. And yes, in a one position game, field position matters a lot
The issue isn’t if Rhule is perfect or not. No one here is acting like he’s perfect. Stick to the issue. Did he make a mistake with Sims? Yes. Is he the reason our QB room is a mess, as the OP says? No.

If we had a grade B QB we would be a 7-plus-win team. This QB disaster is all on Matt Rhule who sold his soul on Sim's and it was a major miss for a high-dollar coach. He ran Thompson off in the spring and now we have a disaster. How can you make Sim's number one after spring ball when Thompson never had a chance to compete? Can someone please explain that to me? If the competition was still open in the fall I believe Thompson would have stayed to let it play out. Thompson would have made many of the easy throws to the open receivers we have had all season long.
Going forward we have a QB mess that will take a few years to work out. The kid from Westside is a questionable recruit and a big gamble. We need to hope that we can find a serviceable QB in the transfer portal.
We haven't offered the kid from WESTSIDE a full ride yet.

• Sad
Reactions: king_kong_
Imagine you come in and you have Purdy, Smothers, Haarberg, and an injured Thompson. Yeah, great cards he was dealt late in the recruiting cycle when he came in.
Top high school talent had already signed. Top transfers weren’t coming to NU for any amount of money given the state of our program recently.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Thank you!! I don’t know why people keep saying this??!! CT transferred on his own (probably because our O-line sucks and about got him killed last year)
Im gonna get crucified for saying this but here it goes. Was told Thomson wanted to stay even if it was in a back up role because of the huge NIL deals. He talked to Rhule about this and was told it would be best for the team if he moved on.

You're telling me he couldn't have gotten Leary, Uiagalelei, Jackson(cal),or Jackson (indiana)? They were all dying to go to second class football outposts? Or better yet, convinced Smothers or Thompson to stick it out? Keeping those two guys probably would have been even easier. Not sure why you all are acting like this massive program with a 50 million dollar budget is some hopeless doe in the woods.

Im gonna get crucified for saying this but here it goes. Was told Thomson wanted to stay even if it was in a back up role because of the huge NIL deals. He talked to Rhule about this and was told it would be best for the team if he moved on.
That's what I was told as well, not sure where this other narrative about him wanting a guaranteed starting role promised to him came from, but I've been willing to believe it's true all season. Now I'm not so sure...

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Why did Clemson QB transfer to Oregon State?

"A little more complex than I was doing at Clemson, a little more NFL-style," he said. "The different stuff you do, under center, the play-actions, the deep overs, that's why I wanted to come here."

Why did Devin Leary transfer to Kentucky?

It was a no-brainer to choose Kentucky because of the receiver talent, says Leary. "For me, entering the portal, just making sure I do all the right homework, making sure that I understand the roster and where I could fit in and who's going to be around me, I mean Kentucky was a no-brainer with having these guys here."

Why did Sam Jackson commit to Cal?

One reason he chose Cal was to play for new offensive coordinator Jake Spavital. Jackson knew Spavital had mentored QBs such as Kyler Murray, Johnny Manziel and Will Grier. Jackson said Cal was the first school to contact him, and he committed to the Bears soon after making an official visit to Berkeley.

Now what was Nebraska offering? Poor everything on offense.

I wish they would have grabbed somebody better than Sims. Rhule and Co didn't have much to sell though, it was apparent to everyone outside the program this was a rebuild. I think sweating Y1 of this rebuild is short term thinking, but I understand the criticism. A lot of things going the right way, just not the QB position.

Rezac is a football player, I'd give him a shot because if he doesn't pan out at QB , I'd bet he could play another position.

Have seen him play multiple times in person

Dont know that he is a P5 QB but he is a P5 football player

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Why did Clemson QB transfer to Oregon State?

"A little more complex than I was doing at Clemson, a little more NFL-style," he said. "The different stuff you do, under center, the play-actions, the deep overs, that's why I wanted to come here."

Why did Devin Leary transfer to Kentucky?

It was a no-brainer to choose Kentucky because of the receiver talent, says Leary. "For me, entering the portal, just making sure I do all the right homework, making sure that I understand the roster and where I could fit in and who's going to be around me, I mean Kentucky was a no-brainer with having these guys here."

Why did Sam Jackson commit to Cal?

One reason he chose Cal was to play for new offensive coordinator Jake Spavital. Jackson knew Spavital had mentored QBs such as Kyler Murray, Johnny Manziel and Will Grier. Jackson said Cal was the first school to contact him, and he committed to the Bears soon after making an official visit to Berkeley.

Now what was Nebraska offering? Poor everything on offense.
You think those guys came up with those thoughts on their own? LOL, they were sold those stories by recruiters. Come on man...

If that’s true, this staff is beyond incompetent.

Reactions: BluejayAttyAlum
No, they were RECRUITED. Coaches at schools identified and went after guys as if their livelihoods depended on it...because they do.

Reactions: meo1960
So we recruit a pro-style Quarterback in the kid from Westside. What type Quarterback do we want? Pro or Dual?
Obviously from Rhules press conferences he says he wants a dual threat. Though Haarberg can run he’s not a dual threat cuz he can’t pass. He doesn’t run the option well, he doesn’t pass well and he is indecisive in the pocket. To say Rhule bagged it on Sims is crazy, how much game experience does he have here? Turn overs are bad by both so that cancels out, both can run the ball. HH is limited on his ability to pass and we don’t know how limited Sims is passing the ball, he deserves the same chance as HH. Sims was never given the opportunity to run the option. Sims appears to be quicker and just as fast. If Rhule truly wants to run the option and power football he needs a qb coach who can teach that system. You don’t need to go strictly option but knowing how to run it and actually running it are two different things. Bring Turner Gil or Frazier back as an assistant OC/ Quarterback coach.

If Sims was the best QB we could get, then our NIL Operation is Garbage. We're spending like a billion dollars on facilities and stadium upgrades. Take a couple million of that money and get a real QB for f-cks sake.

Reactions: BluejayAttyAlum
If we had a grade B QB we would be a 7-plus-win team. This QB disaster is all on Matt Rhule who sold his soul on Sim's and it was a major miss for a high-dollar coach. He ran Thompson off in the spring and now we have a disaster. How can you make Sim's number one after spring ball when Thompson never had a chance to compete? Can someone please explain that to me? If the competition was still open in the fall I believe Thompson would have stayed to let it play out. Thompson would have made many of the easy throws to the open receivers we have had all season long.
Going forward we have a QB mess that will take a few years to work out. The kid from Westside is a questionable recruit and a big gamble. We need to hope that we can find a serviceable QB in the transfer portal.
In all honesty, based on his history, Thompson would be injured and have missed several games at least.

He didn't get here August 15th, he's the reason he QB room is the way it is. He could have changed anything he wanted.
Lol, simple as that, huh? I just thought of something… why doesn’t Rhule bring in Dylan Raiola? Rhule can change whatever he wants. Why not start there?

Just so you know, Rhule can only bring in the players that want to come here. I know, I know, Rhule is getting paid to bring in the best. But if your son was a top QB, would you recommend he go to a place with the longest bowl drought in P5?

I know you struggle with rational thinking… but Rhule does deserve more than this first season to show what he can do. If we roll with the same QBs next year, have at it.

Imagine you come in and you have Purdy, Smothers, Haarberg, and an injured Thompson. Yeah, great cards he was dealt late in the recruiting cycle when he came in.
Rhule isn’t the one throwing the ball and coaching qbs. It’s not his fault at all.

If Sims was the best QB we could get, then our NIL Operation is Garbage. We're spending like a billion dollars on facilities and stadium upgrades. Take a couple million of that money and get a real QB for f-cks sake.
Blame davison and Alberts. Not Rhule

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT