ADVERTISEMENT

QB situation is on Rhule

AzRed8

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
If we had a grade B QB we would be a 7-plus-win team. This QB disaster is all on Matt Rhule who sold his soul on Sim's and it was a major miss for a high-dollar coach. He ran Thompson off in the spring and now we have a disaster. How can you make Sim's number one after spring ball when Thompson never had a chance to compete? Can someone please explain that to me? If the competition was still open in the fall I believe Thompson would have stayed to let it play out. Thompson would have made many of the easy throws to the open receivers we have had all season long.
Going forward we have a QB mess that will take a few years to work out. The kid from Westside is a questionable recruit and a big gamble. We need to hope that we can find a serviceable QB in the transfer portal.

He didn’t runoff Thompson. He looked at his room and knew he needed another guy because well you know. Thompson is injured and you don’t know how he’s going to look in a new offfense without being able to play spring football. Plus, he’s not a running quarterback and never will be.

They definitely whiffed on Sims. he looked the part and I think they believed they could fix him. Big mistake.

Rhule also had been in the NFL for a few years and didn't have much connections at this level, and was hired after the end of our regular season and had a limited window of time to find guys that hadn't already made their mind up. It was a bad choice that didn't work out, too bad. He gets a free pass. Just this once.

He didn’t runoff Thompson. He looked at his room and knew he needed another guy because well you know. Thompson is injured and you don’t know how he’s going to look in a new offfense without being able to play spring football. Plus, he’s not a running quarterback and never will be.

They definitely whiffed on Sims. he looked the part and I think they believed they could fix him. Big mistake.
So we recruit a pro-style Quarterback in the kid from Westside. What type Quarterback do we want? Pro or Dual?

If we had a grade B QB we would be a 7-plus-win team. This QB disaster is all on Matt Rhule who sold his soul on Sim's and it was a major miss for a high-dollar coach. He ran Thompson off in the spring and now we have a disaster. How can you make Sim's number one after spring ball when Thompson never had a chance to compete? Can someone please explain that to me? If the competition was still open in the fall I believe Thompson would have stayed to let it play out. Thompson would have made many of the easy throws to the open receivers we have had all season long.
Going forward we have a QB mess that will take a few years to work out. The kid from Westside is a questionable recruit and a big gamble. We need to hope that we can find a serviceable QB in the transfer portal.
If memory serves me correctly didn't Clemson offer HH ? It's not like other coaches didn't like him. Don't even try to predict next year , you have no idea.

Why will it take a few years to work out? The portal is open after the season every year.

Some of you should be suspended from posting on the basis of stupidity!

Some of you should be suspended from posting on the basis of stupidity!
Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

The bad part of all of this is that there was a lot of talk the Simms gave up on his team last year. The fact that he doesn't see the field no matter how bad HH struggles and that he can't figure out which way to hand off the ball when he has come in has to make you wonder if he hasn't done the same here.

You're a little melodramatic. Sims didn't work out but he didn't sell his soul.

If Sims (1 QB) is on Rhule, how much is the rest of the QB room is on the previous staff?

Thank you!! I don’t know why people keep saying this??!! CT transferred on his own (probably because our O-line sucks and about got him killed last year)

Reactions: drubendall

Yeah, and the only reason we'd be a 7-plus-win team is also because of Matt Rhule. So, don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

rumor is that his dad wanted him to be guaranteed starter
I’m not in the know so I don’t hear rumors.

Anyways…If a guy isn’t confident enough to think he can be the starter, well he shouldn’t be here. If CT was really smart he should have watched some old games of Sims and saw what a turnover machine he was. That would have guaranteed CT was going to play for sure and most likely would have started.

QB is a problem spot, for sure - but we have problems in all of the offense rooms. Injuries have decimated the skill positions. The OL was inconsistent and unreliable and is now without 2 starters.

I’m disappointed we haven’t found something that we can go to on offense. I think our best bet is Heinrich running the ball when pass plays break down - but he’s so bad at feeling pressure, he either holds the ball too long and/or takes off running too late.

I don't disagree about Sims - he's terrible. But Thompson's shoulder was not healed and there's no way he survives another season of hits. He looked terrible for FAU - no zip on the ball, and then tore up a knee, I think, and is out for the year.

Reactions: American Horse
blah, blah, blah

Thompson is hurt this year just like every other year. Stop with the fantasies.

Rhule made a lot of mistakes today. He deserves criticism. Stop acting like he’s perfect. Look no further then the fair catch BS. And yes, in a one position game, field position matters a lot

Yeah, that was some weird shit. Not sure in all my years of watching a quite a bit of football, that I've ever seen that

Reactions: king_kong_
Just because something didn’t work, doesn’t mean it wasn’t the best that could be done.
^^^^ yep. He was mediocre @ GT. Turnover machine. The mistake wasn’t in taking Sims, it was the budget they put on that position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT