ADVERTISEMENT

QB situation is on Rhule

It’s obvious from what Rhule has said in his news conferences and from him talking to Osborne, he at this point wants to be a run first offense and use the fullback at some point. Unfortunately, like Frost he is a lot of talk and less substance. He went and got a triple threat quarterback, but he plays HH. Haarberg can’t run the option worth two cents at the 99 cent store. He benches Grant for two fumbles and keeps HH with all his turnovers. What percent of his passes over 20 yards is he completing? We have seen some improvement in the line so Raiola is breathing easier. Knowing how to run the option is easier than running it, Sims has a ton of more upside then HH. But, Rhule can find talent, there is an under rated Qb out there that he needs to find who can tear it up. We can still win the last three and make the bowl.

So we recruit a pro-style Quarterback in the kid from Westside. What type Quarterback do we want? Pro or Dual?

Heard westside lost 0-42. Our program saving recruit couldn't score a single point against the another high school team.

I would take any of those quarterbacks Michigan State had, and since Michigan state is such a dumpster fire there is a good chance they’ll end up in the portal.

Heard westside lost 0-42. Our program saving recruit couldn't score a single point against the another high school team.

I would take any of those quarterbacks Michigan State had, and since Michigan state is such a dumpster fire there is a good chance they’ll end up in the portal.
Kaelin has an awful O line. Westside looks like an all star team.

The issue isn’t if Rhule is perfect or not. No one here is acting like he’s perfect. Stick to the issue. Did he make a mistake with Sims? Yes. Is he the reason our QB room is a mess, as the OP says? No.
Our QB room wouldn't have been as much of a mess had Casey Thompson stayed. It was his choice to leave.

If we had a grade B QB we would be a 7-plus-win team. This QB disaster is all on Matt Rhule who sold his soul on Sim's and it was a major miss for a high-dollar coach. He ran Thompson off in the spring and now we have a disaster. How can you make Sim's number one after spring ball when Thompson never had a chance to compete? Can someone please explain that to me? If the competition was still open in the fall I believe Thompson would have stayed to let it play out. Thompson would have made many of the easy throws to the open receivers we have had all season long.
Going forward we have a QB mess that will take a few years to work out. The kid from Westside is a questionable recruit and a big gamble. We need to hope that we can find a serviceable QB in the transfer portal.
Get over it. Every school could say the same thing. You sound ignorant. Neb isn’t exactly a hotbed for QBs. It’s not chy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT