ADVERTISEMENT

Good solid win

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
Too many fumbles and a brain fart of a call on fourth and one at midfield with our backup fumble machine QB. But other than those turnovers this was a solid win at home. The defense just gets better and better each week. A shame they did not get the shutout.

And I have to add that this was a very satisfying win because we beat a dirty team. And it is a talentless dirty team which makes it even sweeter to rub their noses in it. Go home Purdue and take your douchebag coach with you. Rhule has us going in the right direction and it is going to be a long, long time before you even have a chance of beating us again.

Pretty suspect playcalls/game management stuff at the end.

But overall it's a good win with a bunch of recruits in town.

5-3 and a very winnable game next week.

Gotta like where this thing is headed.

GBR
Win next week and then beat Maryland in Lincoln and it sets up a huge game against Wisconsin. Rhule has us thinking about winning games again. That by itself is huge. This is now a team that really believes it can win and that it should win. Best season in Lincoln in years.

We aren't pretty right now, but IDGAF. Hard to win games with 4 turnovers.

Winning is all that really matters.

Defense played lights out again, and it was fantastic to see guys selling out and filling lanes. Special shout out to 37 Phelan Sanford who played a whale of a game. Well done young man.

Offense obviously has a lot of issues, but our OC called a great game for the most part in stretching the field horizontally and was fantastic to see us hitting on 'rub' routes. That TD pass play at the goalline was a beauty.

Many things to improve upon but 34-14 when we were 1 point dogs at kickoff is more than acceptable.

B10 West is attainable. We are getting better every week. GBR.

Pretty suspect playcalls/game management stuff at the end.

But overall it's a good win with a bunch of recruits in town.

5-3 and a very winnable game next week.

Gotta like where this thing is headed.

GBR
Didn't care for the first series either. If that was scripted, we got better when we got through those plays or they got round hole filed

We aren't pretty right now, but IDGAF. Hard to win games with 4 turnovers.

Winning is all that really matters.

Defense played lights out again, and it was fantastic to see guys selling out and filling lanes. Special shout out to 37 Phelan Sanford who played a whale of a game. Well done young man.

Offense obviously has a lot of issues, but our OC called a great game for the most part in stretching the field horizontally and was fantastic to see us hitting on 'rub' routes. That TD pass play at the goalline was a beauty.

Many things to improve upon but 34-14 when we were 1 point dogs at kickoff is more than acceptable.

B10 West is attainable. We are getting better every week. GBR.
And man that’s a win while leaving a lot of points on the field. Lots of teaching moments on video. The detail from Rhule is amazing down to the way our guys rushed the blocked field goal. Newsome was where he was because they coached that. Results: 6 points.

And man that’s a win while leaving a lot of points on the field. Lots of teaching moments on video. The detail from Rhule is amazing down to the way our guys rushed the blocked field goal. Newsome was where he was because they coached that. Results: 6 points.

Got the kids believing and executing.

Winning creates more winning.

Really feel like the 'seal' was broken on defense today. Guys were flying around and making plays and hitting people. Really hitting people and driving them backwards or flat stuffing them.

Haven't seen guys filling lanes and punching the other team in the mouth for a very very long time.

Fun to watch for this old bastard.

A win is a win. Finally have a defensive that can knock the snot out of people. Losing 3 lineman and have 2 QBs that love laying the ball on the carpet will stop us doing much more. I like the offense though. Passing, option, lots of different looks. Just devoid of top shelf talent.

If I didn’t know better, I’d say Benhardt is narcoleptic he spends so much time on his back.

Listen I will gladly take every UGLY win we can muster in year one.

If this was year two or three, I would be concerned but year one we should all just be happy for any win we can get.

Does this team have issues? HELL YEAH, but the majority of us all have said, we just would like to get some wins for a change at some point over the last 5 years. Rhule has given Husker Nation hope.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Listen I will gladly take every UGLY win we can muster in year one.

If this was year two or three, I would be concerned but year one we should all just be happy for any win we can get.

Does this team have issues? HELL YEAH, but the majority of us all have said, we just would like to get some wins for a change at some point over the last 5 years. Rhule has given Husker Nation hope.
I really feel like you are seeing some cream rise to the top for players of the future. Just need to make sure we get or develop a qb to get it to them and play smarter with the ball.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT