ADVERTISEMENT

OT 49ers QB situation

Uh, no. He tore it up for a full season. 28 tds and no picks with over 1,000 yds rushing. He wasn't drafted based on 1 game.
Yeah sure. But the way I heard an NFL scout explain it on a draft podcast was that there was that Lance going pro because he had an aura of mystery to him. I think that he would have played 25 games in 2021 if he hadn't gone pro.

I think it was bill Parcells who said it best, you don't just dial "1 800 I need a quarterback", and end up with one. This was a very low risk, potentially high reward.
Jerry isn’t going to miss 5 million. I get that but from what I’ve seen thus far he isn’t an NFL starter. That’s what they’re hoping they can develop to replace Dak some day. They’re trying to use Green Bay’s method by picking up a guy they had a late first round grade on coming out of college. Time will tell if it was the right move. Grier looked damned good this last game.

About the only thing I put less faith in than Jerry's ability as a GM is NFL pre-season performance. Locker room support and knowing the offense is worth pretty much nothing in the NFL. Lance has a lot more upside than Grier. He's already listed as QB3. And I don't see how it was desperate at all. They got him for free. I mean, I'm not saying it'll amount to anything of note, but I'm not seeing the downside either.
Niners can pick up McSorley or Grier now to be QB3 for this year. At least for this year, I think that would be an upgrade over Lance’s current skill level.

Nick wright had a theory today that Lance was brought in to sit and learn this year and as a bluff for dallas to hold for next year when Dak wants to renegotiate his contract to possibly 60 million per year. He has 2 years left and Dallas can’t franchise him so if they can at least see if lance is serviceable if they don’t want to pay Dak that money. Smart business decision if true.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Nick wright had a theory today that Lance was brought in to sit and learn this year and as a bluff for dallas to hold for next year when Dak wants to renegotiate his contract to possibly 60 million per year. He has 2 years left and Dallas can’t franchise him so if they can at least see if lance is serviceable if they don’t want to pay Dak that money. Smart business decision if true.
Nobody is paying Dak 60 million.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT