ADVERTISEMENT

Just my take . . .

8th Street

Walk On
Dec 1, 2009
Kinda reading between the lines of what Cook mentioned after the match:

This is the type of match the B1G plays all year long.

Stanford, as good as they are, and whether they're ahead or not, isn't used to the intensity they're going to face.

Again, just my immediate thoughts after listening to him.

Having said that, Stanford looked damn good against BYU.

Reactions: timnsun

Stanford, as good as they are, and whether they're ahead or not, isn't used to the intensity they're going to face.

Yes they did. And that's a good BYU team. I really thought that after watching them both play it their respective regional finals, that BYU played a cleaner game. That's VB. The best teams are all capable of beating each other on any given night

I thought the most uncharacteristic comment was when he wanted to wring hames neck after the first two sets. At least that's who I thought he was talking about, i was only half paying attention at that time

Reactions: donahues17
I thought the most uncharacteristic comment was when he wanted to wring hames neck after the first two sets. At least that's who I thought he was talking about, i was only half paying attention at that time
I thought about that too. Obviously his players love him and it was a figure of speech. My mom was always ready to "wring somebody's neck". However, in this day and age when everybody is walking on eggshells, he needs to be careful.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I thought about that too. Obviously his players love him and it was a figure of speech. My mom was always ready to "wring somebody's neck". However, in this day and age when everybody is walking on eggshells, he needs to be careful.
He did say it laughingly and was quick to compliment her toughness. The tough ones are the ones you can do that with.

Amazes me how the great ones can walk away from abad play and move on while others just collapse when things get tough or not their way

Last edited:
Reactions: baseball31ne

Isn't that funny...how everyone is familiar with that saying? My dad used to say that, along with..

"Uglier than a mud fence"
"Put you in the corner and make you stack BBs"
"She was so ugly she had to sneak up on her clothes to get dressed."
"Why don't you pound sand in your ass."
The term "fruit cake."

There are more, but I can't think of all of them right now.

Isn't that funny...how everyone is familiar with that saying? My dad used to say that, along with..

"Uglier than a mud fence"
"Put you in the corner and make you stack BBs"
"She was so ugly she had to sneak up on her clothes to get dressed."
"Why don't you pound sand in your ass."
The term "fruit cake."

There are more, but I can't think of all of them right now.

My dad would use some of those as well. Love "stacking BBs." When someone would take forever to make a decision, my dad would say "Shit or get off the pot!" Another favorite he would throw out, especially when my brother and I were lazy about doing chores, he would yell out "Get to work! All I want to see are elbows and asses!"

Reactions: baseball31ne
He did say it laughingly and was quick to compliment her toughness. The tough ones are the ones you can do that with.

Amazes me how the great ones can walk away from abad play and move on while others just collapse when things get tough or not their way

Because the great ones have big dongs

I always heard "I brought you into this world Ill take you out too". Yep my mom was crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT