ADVERTISEMENT

John Cook

No one has heard of Tom Brands outside the Herky board..

Fact is Women Volleyball is more popular than wrassling.. ask ESPN.
Well you are outside the herky board and you have obviously heard of him. So you failed to make your point there

ESPN also carries the ncaa wrestling tournament so there is that.

Softball ratings are higher than volleyball ratings, but that doesn’t make it anything but a minor sport.

"Minor" and "major" don't have set criteria. I would say that one potential criterion could be whether a sports makes a profit at an institution. Both Nebraska volleyball and Iowa wrestling make a profit for their athletic departments, so I'd say both are pretty major, in addition to excellent.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Speaking of Caffey, she has a season of eligibility available to her if she wants it. If she comes back, she'd be working on a Ph.D. or a second master's.

Of our three senior MBs, only Stivrins doesn't have eligibility left. Stivrins, Caffey and Schwarzenbach all went through Senior Night ceremonies, though.

That written, a couple of transfer portal MBs are out there. Kaitlyn Hord from Penn State declared Sunday, and Kansas' Caroline Crawford (second-team all-Big XII with three years eligibility remaining) declared yesterday.

Well you are outside the herky board and you have obviously heard of him. So you failed to make your point there

ESPN also carries the ncaa wrestling tournament so there is that.

Softball ratings are higher than volleyball ratings, but that doesn’t make it anything but a minor sport.
So you like to help the troll.. Pretty sure plenty of people have heard of John Cook outside HOL.

ESPN show’s very little of the Rassling tournament compared to Volleyball and if they show most on it on ESPN U.

This isn’t about Softball it’s between Volleyball and Wressling and I’ve posted BOTH are minor sports..

Have a good day.

So you like to help the troll.. Pretty sure plenty of people have heard of John Cook outside HOL.

ESPN show’s very little of the Rassling tournament compared to Volleyball and if they show most on it on ESPN U.

This isn’t about Softball it’s between Volleyball and Wressling and I’ve posted BOTH are minor sports..

Have a good day.
Well considering the entire wrestling tournament is over three days. And they show the whole thing on one of their platforms or another, I don’t think they do show more of the volleyball tournament. I would consider it even. Who is the last softball coach that became an athletic director? Minor sport is minor sport.

I’m not helping the troll, but I can promise you few people outside the volleyball world knows who John Cook is. Without looking tell me the coach for Florida, LSU or Pepperdine volleyball. You can’t, because no one outside of Florida, LSU or Pepperdine volleyball fans cares. So the point about no one knowing who Tom Brands is is irrelevant.
Hell, some people on this board but consider themselves football fans couldn’t tell you the football coach for some P5 schools.

• Haha
Reactions: pharvey0829
Personally, I hadn't heard of Shawn Eichorst or Bill Moos before they became athletic directors at Nebraska

I'd say Brock Lesnar is the most well known. Followed by John Cook the golfer. And lastly John Cook the volleyball coach.

newsies-who-asked-you.gif

Clearly, and and all of you Iowans disparaging and shaming Cook and the Womyns Volleyball program are full of toxic masculinity and misogyny.

While Cook, being a member of the patriarchy, does make his money from the labors of womyn, one cannot deny the success of the program.

I would expect nothing less of Iowa, given their racist and oppressive nature.
One need only look at the winning culture the womyn have built to see how they inspire legions of other womyn ( and respective of inclusivity, non npn binary humyns as well)

so lets stop disparaging a woymn’s team as a minor entity Iowa fan. Do better.

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
Wrassling isn’t even a team sport it’s a Individual sport like tennis, golf and track.

Volleyball is a team sport like Football basketball and baseball..

Time to go back to the Herky board..
What?

Clearly, and and all of you Iowans disparaging and shaming Cook and the Womyns Volleyball program are full of toxic masculinity and misogyny.

While Cook, being a member of the patriarchy, does make his money from the labors of womyn, one cannot deny the success of the program.

I would expect nothing less of Iowa, given their racist and oppressive nature.
One need only look at the winning culture the womyn have built to see how they inspire legions of other womyn ( and respective of inclusivity, non npn binary humyns as well)

so lets stop disparaging a woymn’s team as a minor entity Iowa fan. Do better.
I know this is likely a shitpost...but I f*cking hate you for typing this.

Entire NCAA volleyball tourney is on ESPN. Every match!
The ratings aren't in yet for this year's VB final, but last season's title game (Kentucky-Texas) drew 696,000 viewers. This year's match was expected to draw more.

The 2021 NCAA wrestling tournament — which involves teams from dozens of universities — drew 571,000 viewers, its smallest audience in nine years.

The ratings aren't in yet for this year's VB final, but last season's title game (Kentucky-Texas) drew 696,000 viewers. This year's match was expected to draw more.

The 2021 NCAA wrestling tournament — which involves teams from dozens of universities — drew 571,000 viewers, its smallest audience in nine years.
So I agree with you. Those numbers say both sports are minor. The average college World Series game averaged 755,000 the most viewed game being 1.7 million. The women’s college World Series averaged 1.2 million per game with a best viewed game of 2.1 million.

Outside the SEC, no one considers college baseball and college softball to be anything but minor sports.

none of the 4 sports I mentioned make money for 95% of the schools that offer them. All minor sports

So I agree with you. Those numbers say both sports are minor. The average college World Series game averaged 755,000 the most viewed game being 1.7 million. The women’s college World Series averaged 1.2 million per game with a best viewed game of 2.1 million.

Outside the SEC, no one considers college baseball and college softball to be anything but minor sports.

none of the 4 sports I mentioned make money for 95% of the schools that offer them. All minor sports
Maybe we need to think more about major, mid-major and minor.

In your analysis, the only sports that would count as major are football and men's basketball, and that's cool. But there has to be a sorting pile that includes sports such as women's basketball, women's volleyball, wrestling, baseball and softball that verifies their importance and profitability in certain geographic areas and conferences, as well as separates them from truly minor sports such as rifle, bowling, skiing, etc.

Maybe we need to think more about major, mid-major and minor.

In your analysis, the only sports that would count as major are football and men's basketball, and that's cool. But there has to be a sorting pile that includes sports such as women's basketball, women's volleyball, wrestling, baseball and softball that verifies their importance and profitability in certain geographic areas and conferences, as well as separates them from truly minor sports such as rifle, bowling, skiing, etc.
If it's making money it's major in my book. Plus they win championships

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT