ADVERTISEMENT

Trev was begged

So if the post was correct, he “looked into” the comish position.

All of the pieces point to some problems in the leadership and management systems. He seemed happy at UNO for 12 years, worked hard and was well liked and respected at Nebraska, the emails seem to indicate that. The money is nearly the same at TAM.

I don’t question Trev when he praises Nebraska for helping him become the person he is. I think it took something pretty serious, well behind the scenes and systemic, to get him to leave. He had lots of internal cash to spend if he stayed at Nebraska while at TAM he will always be that guy who came from the sticks of Nebraska.

While many have the hate for Trev with all the F words, I wish him the best but mostly hope that whatever systemic issues that are present get fixed.
Corporate ladder climbers make moves all the time they perceive will help them take the next step in their careers

This is no different

the people making it personal are telling on themselves more than anything

So if the post was correct, he “looked into” the comish position.

All of the pieces point to some problems in the leadership and management systems. He seemed happy at UNO for 12 years, worked hard and was well liked and respected at Nebraska, the emails seem to indicate that. The money is nearly the same at TAM.

I don’t question Trev when he praises Nebraska for helping him become the person he is. I think it took something pretty serious, well behind the scenes and systemic, to get him to leave. He had lots of internal cash to spend if he stayed at Nebraska while at TAM he will always be that guy who came from the sticks of Nebraska.

While many have the hate for Trev with all the F words, I wish him the best but mostly hope that whatever systemic issues that are present get fixed.
So you are demanding to see further evidence that Alberts pursued other jobs while he was NU's AD, but your conclusion that he left because of serious, systemic problems is based on what, exactly? In your words, this seems like nothing but talk.

Reactions: dinglefritz
This is absolute gold. Posting about drawing the line on what is believable on Easter of all days. The day where millions of cultists gather to celebrate someone they think rose from the dead to be with his mystical dad in the sky.
jesus wink GIF

Least surprising part of the whole thing

The “I respect your decision” text - woof

You’re the f’ing governor, guy. Act like it.
I don’t know pillen from a hole in the ground, other than his accomplishments as a football player. But most Politicians get to where they are by showing mutual respect for other people. Is he supposed to say f—k off Trev?

I don’t know pillen from a hole in the ground, other than his accomplishments as a football player. But most Politicians get to where they are by showing mutual respect for other people. Is he supposed to say f—k off Trev?
No, most pols get where they are by being willing to lay down in exchange for money and/or feigned power

Reactions: Huskers123456
Gee, I always thought politicians got where they are by lying and making corrupt deals with other people in power.

Reactions: king_kong_
So you are demanding to see further evidence that Alberts pursued other jobs while he was NU's AD, but your conclusion that he left because of serious, systemic problems is based on what, exactly? In your words, this seems like nothing but talk.
That would not be what I am saying, and you are being disingenuous.

To say Trev applied and wanted this or that job is not the same as saying he applied for them. In my working career in education I was contacted by head hunters about various positions, I listened to their pitch and asked basic questions and most of the time I saved them time by saying no immediately. Only once did I pursue something through the actual process. Those are two completely different characterizations.

I have zero doubt that Trev had been contacted multiple times about opportunities. That is actually a compliment in my opinion. But to blatantly say he tried to get this job and that job when it was them who initiated contact to determine his interest and there was no follow through is a dishonest portrayal.

Reactions: skunkman

To say Trev applied and wanted this or that job is not the same as saying he applied for them. In my working career in education I was contacted by head hunters about various positions, I listened to their pitch and asked basic questions and most of the time I saved them time by saying no immediately. Only once did I pursue something through the actual process. Those are two completely different characterizations.

I have zero doubt that Trev had been contacted multiple times about opportunities. That is actually a compliment in my opinion. But to blatantly say he tried to get this job and that job when it was them who initiated contact to determine his interest and there was no follow through is a dishonest portrayal.
So how are those comments any more speculative or lacking in evidence than your remarks about how Alberts loved Nebraska and surely must have been driven away by some systemic dysfunction? Seems everyone is required to back up their opinions with cold, hard evidence - except you.

you didn't even read the report

he did throw his hat in the ring for both positions and didn't make it

I am not demanding anything, that’s you being hyperbolic.

I have no idea what “reports” are that he has been looking to leave, maybe he has for some time or maybe people were after him, I don’t know and I am not sure anyone knows for certain. But speculation does reign supreme, you can’t be wrong that way.

All I know is he stayed at UNO for 12 freaking years. Didn’t appear to be exploring greener pastures constantly then. The leaked emails seemed to show a lot about of support from key people as well. The excuse of moving up the corporate ladder is valid but he didn’t get the big payday and just got a fat raise and likely could have asked for more if he wanted to. Nebraska was home to him, his college roots ran deep in the state so it would “seem” as if it took something out of the ordinary to pull him away.

The emails allude to some issues, whatever they are or were, I hope they get fixed or we could play this game again too soon.

For some reason(s), we have not had stellar success with our AD hires. Why?

I tend to doubt that he was contacted by ANY opportunities.

1. He wasnt in his position long
2. He was at his Alma mater
3. His resume before this being at UNO wasn’t going to impress many.
4. Those that would have been interested in a candidate that spent the majority of his time at UNO wouldn’t have been a major university. And a smaller university wouldn’t bother reaching out to a AD at a larger university.
5. Only schools in the Big10 or SEC would think they had the power to make a run at a Big10 AD. Football is king and the other conferences are not capturing an AD from the two major conferences.

Based on all this there just wouldn’t have been many parties that would have reached out prior to T A&M in my opinion.

I think they were the first. Or if I had to guess Trev reached out to them.

I think he reached out. The money is no better. They knew what Trev made. So I highly doubt they would have wasted their time asking. I think he was the one that reached out.

I now know 2 people not welcome back to the state. My guess is that he already knows he ****ed up (err, wait.. maybe not) and now, he'll have to work even harder at A&M to make sure he never has to return to Nebraska.

At least he feels like the smart guy in the room now. Congrats Trev, you won. 👍

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Laner2 and skunkman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT