ADVERTISEMENT

It happened...

cruelhalo

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 27, 2003
Sitting on the plane now. Purchased a 1st class seat. Boarded the plane and a lady was sitting in my seat. I said "that's me." Her response, "I'm already here, you can take that seat (pointing)." I said that's my seat - move. Had the audacity to turn it against me. I'm in my seat.

WTF is wrong with people.

Sitting on the plane now. Purchased a 1st class seat. Boarded the plane and a lady was sitting in my seat. I said "that's me." Her response, "I'm already here, you can take that seat (pointing)." I said that's my seat - move. Had the audacity to turn it against me. I'm in my seat.

Most people are legitimately stupid. That becomes more apparent every day. At least you'll get the joy of knowing her rage after you get her booted.

so where was her real seat at?

flew from DFW to GRI the other day. 2 seats together. I'm in isle, lady next to me gets asked if she wants to move so we could be more comfortable. Lady declines, and i don't get extended the same offer as i was flying with someone who was in the row in front of me.....

I'm still angry at that.

Reactions: FissionReaction

Well done sir.

I don't get this one either. Unless you fly Southwest, your seat is clearly marked on your boarding pass. Do not understand where these people think they have the right to sit in better seats. When I fly Alaska or Delta, I always sit in the upgraded area just behind first class in an aisle seat. I am not giving up my aisle seat. Sometimes my wife and I on long flights like the ones from Seattle to Raleigh-Durham, NC to see her mom, we will book the aisle seats across from one another as my wife doesn't want to get stuck in a middle seat. The closest I ever came to being asked to move by another passenger was when a woman in the middle seat kept mentioning her husband. I am a little hard of hearing, so it took me a few minutes to realize her husband was sitting in the middle seat directly behind her. When I turned to look, he gave me this strange little wave. I never said anything about their seating situation, nor did I offer to change places with him.

Let me turn this into a football thread. The last time Nebraska was worth a shit on the field, I lived in Florida. So, I shall claim the curse to be over.
The last time I really enjoyed watching the Huskers was when I lived in Florida. I'm back too. So, this can't be some coincidence, can it? It has to be a fate thing!!

Another Karen!

My favorite flying story from flying for over 40 years.

I was on a smaller plane (2X2) about 20 rows (80 seats) going from Atlanta to Charleston West Virginia. We were all on the plane and I had an aisle seat with the window seat open. There were no more than 15-16 passengers on this plane and there were 4 vacant rows behind me. I decided to slide over to the window.

Just before they could close the door for this marvelous 55 minute flight, on comes hard boiled business woman onto the plane. She proceeds to my row and proclaimrd to me that the window is her seat, ignoring the fact that there are 8 window seats open behind us with no one sitting in the aisle seat and she's the last person on the plane. I asked her since I was settled if she could just take one of the other seats and her response was: "No, get your ass out of MY seat". She then summoned the flight attendant to let her know that I was sitting in her seat. The flight attendant asked her to take one of the other seats and she again refused and pitched a fit.

I, being the kind and considerate person that I am, then relented and said "OK ma'am, I'll move so you can have your assigned seat. She actually said "about time". I got up and she sat down, then I proceed to plank my fat ass in the seat next to her. She was shocked and asked me why I wasn't taking a seat in another row, and I informed her that this seat is MY assigned seat. I road next to her the entire trip. The flight attendant laughed which pissed her off even more.

What a great day!

My favorite flying story from flying for over 40 years.

I was on a smaller plane (2X2) about 20 rows (80 seats) going from Atlanta to Charleston West Virginia. We were all on the plane and I had an aisle seat with the window seat open. There were no more than 15-16 passengers on this plane and there were 4 vacant rows behind me. I decided to slide over to the window.

Just before they could close the door for this marvelous 55 minute flight, on comes hard boiled business woman onto the plane. She proceeds to my row and proclaimrd to me that the window is her seat, ignoring the fact that there are 8 window seats open behind us with no one sitting in the aisle seat and she's the last person on the plane. I asked her since I was settled if she could just take one of the other seats and her response was: "No, get your ass out of MY seat". She then summoned the flight attendant to let her know that I was sitting in her seat. The flight attendant asked her to take one of the other seats and she again refused and pitched a fit.

I, being the kind and considerate person that I am, then relented and said "OK ma'am, I'll move so you can have your assigned seat. She actually said "about time". I got up and she sat down, then I proceed to plank my fat ass in the seat next to her. She was shocked and asked me why I wasn't taking a seat in another row, and I informed her that this seat is MY assigned seat. I road next to her the entire trip. The flight attendant laughed which pissed her off even more.

What a great day!
That's fantastic. I've flown into Charleston twice a long time ago. Isn't it the airport that's basically scraped onto the top of a pretty serious hill-almost-wants-to-be-a-mountain? Like you're getting really close to some really rough terrain and wondering just WTF they're planning to land?

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
That's fantastic. I've flown into Charleston twice a long time ago. Isn't it the airport that's basically scraped onto the top of a pretty serious hill-almost-wants-to-be-a-mountain? Like you're getting really close to some really rough terrain and wondering just WTF they're planning to land?

You are spot on. Lived in that area for a couple years about 25 years ago. It is on a mountain top and a shorter runway. Gets a bit windy. Not the best combination. A couple times we had to avoid deer and turkeys.

Yeah, you're still at over 1,000 ft literally 10 seconds before you land.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Pretty serious hill.? There are no hills in West Virginia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT