ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's four Non Con opponents have 1 win over an FBS team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. But I stayed at a Holiday Express last night and was born in Wisconsin. So even though they are a rival, I must give the devil his due.

That's what I was asking basically. Now you're asking me why?

I am better than all of them. Soundoff is my home board. I rarely post on the Iowa board. They kicked me off years ago and I have little desire to rejoin them, even though I pay for a subscription here. The amnesty of the switch over to the new format free all the banned names. Again, even though I am now allowed to post there, I have little desire.

I am better than all of them. Soundoff is my home board. I rarely post on the Iowa board. They kicked me off years ago and I have little desire to rejoin them, even though I pay for a subscription here. The amnesty of the switch over to the new format free all the banned names. Again, even though I am now allowed to post there, I have little desire.
So you pal around with us here? You sure you aren't secretly a Husker fan buddy?;)

So you pal around with us here? You sure you aren't secretly a Husker fan buddy?;)
I've enjoyed hawkit and his posts... Pretty level headed and well thought out. He isn't a guy who is over here to troll like so many other fans of other teams. He seems to be willing to give Mike Riley and staff more time than many husker fans...

Reactions: hawkit3113
I've enjoyed hawkit and his posts... Pretty level headed and well thought out. He isn't a guy who is over here to troll like so many other fans of other teams. He seems to be willing to give Mike Riley and staff more time than many husker fans...
Well good for him then.:) I think giving the coach who just took over the team and is only in his very first years and having no more than 4 real games with his players is probably a good idea. Just saying.

I thought Wisconsin had a bigger rivalry with Minnesota than with Iowa?

They do. All my in-laws live in Wisconsin. They all hate Minnesota. They hate the Vikings and the hate the Gophers.

My father-in-law who hardly follows college football couldn't tell you the mascot for Iowa, but he hates the Gophers. That state hates MN as a whole.

They do. All my in-laws live in Wisconsin. They all hate Minnesota. They hate the Vikings and the hate the Gophers.

My father-in-law who hardly follows college football couldn't tell you the mascot for Iowa, but he hates the Gophers. That state hates MN as a whole.

Wisconsin and Minnesota have the same dumb accent. ;)

Your father in-law might not be a very good representation. I saw this story lined in a twitter feed this week.

http://www.thegazette.com/2009/10/16/wisconsins-road-of-sarcasm-for-iowa-fans-now-less-traveled .

BTN also said the all time series is something like 43-44-2. the Triad of Rivalry b/w Minn-Iowa-Wisconsin is as deep and real as any in the conference. Outside of those states, no one may care, but its appears to be real.

Anyway, fun read. This is the history that Nebraska is up against, and what it sacrificed, by going B1G.

Your father in-law might not be a very good representation. I saw this story lined in a twitter feed this week.

http://www.thegazette.com/2009/10/16/wisconsins-road-of-sarcasm-for-iowa-fans-now-less-traveled .

BTN also said the all time series is something like 43-44-2. the Triad of Rivalry b/w Minn-Iowa-Wisconsin is as deep and real as any in the conference. Outside of those states, no one may care, but its appears to be real.

Anyway, fun read. This is the history that Nebraska is up against, and what it sacrificed, by going B1G.

I am just going off experience. All my wife's family and many of her friends live in WI. When we talk college football (it is hard to get them off the Packers) they talk about their hate for MN. Never does Iowa even get mentioned. Maybe that is just a central WI thing. Or maybe the article from an Iowa paper was a little biased.

The best part is since Iowa's schedule is so weak, they will probably win at least 8 games. Kirk Ferentz will be off the hot seat and they will be stuck with him for years to come. One of the most overrated coaches in college football.
Yeah you have done so well with coaches.

I am just going off experience. All my wife's family and many of her friends live in WI. When we talk college football (it is hard to get them off the Packers) they talk about their hate for MN. Never does Iowa even get mentioned. Maybe that is just a central WI thing. Or maybe the article from an Iowa paper was a little biased.
You missed the point

And when they don't perform to expectations, they're replaced. Unlike io_a, they keep and accept mediocrity 'cause your expectations aren't that high.

Kirk Ferentz is considered one of Iowa's all time greats. Impressive for Iowa fans.

Wispy gonna stomp that butt Sat. Then next week NU is gonna stomp Wisky's butt. Then no more hogeyes will be puffing their chests. Can't wait.

Did you ever stop to ask yourself why your hogeyes aren't even sniffing the top 25. Hell NU is 2-2 and closer than those sorry ass hogeyes. Bad luck against the cheese humpers on Sat.

Did you ever stop to ask yourself why your hogeyes aren't even sniffing the top 25. Hell NU is 2-2 and closer than those sorry ass hogeyes. Bad luck against the cheese humpers on Sat.
Haha. Big talk from fans of a has been.

Better from a will be again than from a never or never will be hogeye. This the part of your schedule where you will bow out, guaranteed.

Just watched BTN live, no mention of those sorry-asset hogeyes. They were talking about B10 teams that are 3-1 or better. Ya get it you sorry hogeyes , my high school team would barely lose to your hogeyes.

That is called delusional.

How is it delusional? I admit that Nebraska has been down for a long time and it is frustrating, but at least they are doing something to try and get back to the top. It sucks that our choices haven't worked out, and some of them have been head scratchers, but Io_a continues to keep Ferentz for what reason? Don't try to name any because you can't. At this point, both NU and Io_a are irrelevant, but at least Nebraska addresses the issue, although sometimes in a head scratching manner.

Just watched BTN live, no mention of those sorry-asset hogeyes. They were talking about B10 teams that are 3-1 or better. Ya get it you sorry hogeyes , my high school team would barely lose to your hogeyes.
So IT IS TRUE THE "N" does stand for knowledge.

I don't think the hogeyes will be squawking after this weekend. Speaking of delusional, you'really 4-0 against the sisters of the poor, and coming on a Husker mb puffing up. Badgers will put you in your place on Sat.

Keep coming to a Husker mb and talking smack. I get it, you know who your daddy is.

I don't think the hogeyes will be squawking after this weekend. Speaking of delusional, you'really 4-0 against the sisters of the poor, and coming on a Husker mb puffing up. Badgers will put you in your place on Sat.

If you think losing to Wisconsin is going to end our season, you are just being silly. Even if we lose Sat, there is a TON of football left.

Reactions: HawkeyeinOmaha
There is no if on Sat, and it will be just the start of your hogeyes taking on asswhoopins.

There is no if on Sat, and it will be just the start of your hogeyes taking on asswhoopins.

LMFAO, dude you have issues. You need to tone it down a notch or two. Its like I can feel you breaking your keyboard through my screen. Laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT