ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's four Non Con opponents have 1 win over an FBS team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can pat themselves on the back all they want. They can say, as well as other sportswriters and analysts, how well they've looked. Fact is, they've played nobody. Even Pitt isn't that good. Let's see how good they are once they play someone with a pulse.

They had the easiest conference schedule last year and could not do anything with it. They also have the easiest this year. It will be interesting to see what they do this year.

The air will come right out of their balloon this next Sat. Wisky will put it all over them. I will be there wearing red and white, I should fit in real well.

Sshhhhhh...

Just follow the narrative.

Ferentz is a new coach, looked inward to address real issues and they're not afraid anymore. I mean did you see the fake field goal against Iowa state from 4th and goal at the 30?

They're 4-0, totally awesome, their offense is completely different this year, and their defense is the freaking steel curtain.

Half way to 8 wins baby! YEAH!

Reactions: Cornicator
The air will come right out of their balloon this next Sat. Wisky will put it all over them. I will be there wearing red and white, I should fit in real well.
I'm not an Iowa fan, but I watch a fair amount of football, and I have been impressed with how solid Iowa has looked on both sides of the ball. Not very impressed with the running game, but Beathard looks good and their defense is very good. They would beat us by 3 TD's right now - hoping we have some things fixed by the time we play one another, and have some guys healed up. We're a train wreck right now on defense.

.. And that FBS team is Akron, arguably the Worst team in the MAC.

And if Nebraska was 4-0 their opponents records and quality of wins would be very similar. I don't think wins over Bethune Cookman, Austin Peay, Texas State, Gardner-Webb and others are impressing.

Tell me who in the West has the best win in the non conference behind Northwestern's over Stanford?

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell
The best part is since Iowa's schedule is so weak, they will probably win at least 8 games. Kirk Ferentz will be off the hot seat and they will be stuck with him for years to come. One of the most overrated coaches in college football.

Reactions: welding_hawk
The best part is since Iowa's schedule is so weak, they will probably win at least 8 games. Kirk Ferentz will be off the hot seat and they will be stuck with him for years to come. One of the most overrated coaches in college football.

Yet Ferentz has done more than Riley has in his career and for that matter probably will do the rest of his career

And if Nebraska was 4-0 their opponents records and quality of wins would be very similar. I don't think wins over Bethune Cookman, Austin Peay, Texas State, Gardner-Webb and others are impressing.

Tell me who in the West has the best win in the non conference behind Northwestern's over Stanford?
Miami is 3-0 with 2 FBS wins. BYU is 2-2 with 2 FBS, including a win over a ranked Boise State team and a 1 point loss at UCLA. South Alabama is 2-2 with a win at San Diego State. Southern Miss beat Texas State, an FBS team and only had losses to Mississippi State and Nebraska.

Nebraskas opponents have 6 wins over FBS teams. The point you're trying to suggest makes you look stupid. 6 is 6 times greater than 1. Perhaps you want to go even further. Nebraskas 4 non con opponents have 6 losses on the season. Those losses, aside from 2 at Nebraska are @UCLA, @Michigan, Mississippi State, and NC State. Iowa's non con opponents losses include blowouts to Rice, SMU, and Toledo....

I

The Iowa fans have broken out their "like new" Hawkeye hoodies up in South Dakota. They'll soon go back in the drawer after they get in to the meat of the B1G schedule and still appear brand new the next time they pull them out after beating Iowa State......Winking

Reactions: emanmich
Don't kid yourself, herkie. Kirkie hasn't exactly lit the world on fire. In fact, after last season, your fanbase wanted to light one on him.

I've been as critical on Ferentz as anybody. You are right, he has not lit the world on fire. I was stating a fact that he has done more than Riley. I don't think this Iowa team is there yet, I am thrilled with a 4-0 start. I thought we'd go 2-2.

Iowa has a good team this year. If their offense sputters (10-13 points) against Wisconsin, maybe I will feel better about them. I've been very impressed with Beathard. Will be interesting to see if Wisconsin can get in his face an maybe pick him off a couple times.

I don't think Iowa fans that I know are being unrealistic. I think we can all see Iowa is better than they were last year but the competition hasn't been stellar. Should be a good game at Wisky as that series is always close.

As for Nebraska; I don't think you can look at the series with Iowa and say that Nebraska is a far better program right now. Games have been pretty even by most accounts.

Reactions: IaHawk44
I wonder if Cornicator even watches other football games or just look at matchups on paper?
That's your retort? What a zinger!

What Cornicator posted really tells the story. I guess, rather than addressing it, you can say what you said though...

That's your retort? What a zinger!

What Cornicator posted really tells the story. I guess, rather than addressing it, you can say what you said though...

what's a zinger? And why are you using exclamation marks? But yes it is such a great story he posted especially after just 4 games into a season and also how convenient to post those numbers after both of Iowa's power 5 wins had bye weeks.

I wonder if Cornicator even watches other football games or just look at matchups on paper?
I've watched Iowa play 3 times this season. Its9 hours of my life I will never get back. Honestly, there is no bigger indictment of the season Iowa has displayed than the line of the Wisconsin game this weekend. This is easily the worst Wisconsin offense of the last 6 or 7 years, and theyre a 9 point favorite to Vegas. Wisconsin has 2 more wins over FBS opponents this season than all 4 of Iowa previous opponents..

what's a zinger? And why are you using exclamation marks? But yes it is such a great story he posted especially after just 4 games into a season and also how convenient to post those numbers after both of Iowa's power 5 wins had bye weeks.
4 weeks into the season and NU is not exactly a powerhouse so we start this anti Iowa garbage you my friend need a life. Oh I forgot this is all you have.

Reactions: BEAN DOG

LOL... (didn't want to confuse you with another exclamation mark) I am sure Cornicator waited for this very moment, when Iowa's power 5 victory opponents had bye weeks.

All I am saying is the stats posted cannot be ignored. Iowa has not faced good competition so far. That doesn't mean Iowa sucks, it just means they haven't faced good competition. We will see how good Iowa is in the next several weeks.

The lack of knowledge on how Las Vegas sets the lines is right in line with the general lack of FB IQ.

Says the guy who doesn't know how to use a message board. Kirk's saving grace is a beyond easy schedule. Husker fans are fine with him sticking around....unfortunately for him starting next year you all have to start playing a semi tough schedule.

line is unsurprisingly down to 6.5. That implies Iowa is probably 2 pts worse than Wisconsin.

4 weeks into the season and NU is not exactly a powerhouse so we start this anti Iowa garbage you my friend need a life. Oh I forgot this is all you have.

And Nebraska would be 4-0 if they were able to play the JV schedule like Iowa. Sadly, Nebraska fans would be as myopic as Iowa fans. We would be declaring the team is heading to the Playoffs.

Now...if NU played that schedule I would not be 100% sure that NU was some great team...but I would rather have them be 4-0.

Ah cornicator's hard on for all things Iowa...

When we win in Madison and you lose to them at home you still wont find yourself to say anything good about us.

Reactions: IaHawk44

When we win in Madison and you lose to them at home you still wont find yourself to say anything good about us.
Why do you care about NU fans opinions towards Iowa? Perhaps the comments would be different if you all played a solid team here or there. Going 4-0 with that schedule was not going to impress anyone.

Has anyone bothered to see the SOS rankings between Iowa and Nebraska? Not that far off

Those SOS rankings factor in total season schedule. Nebraska is at #44. Iowa is at #68. Prior to the season,. per the Massey COmputer.

Iowa hasn't played anyone and has won them all. Neb has played a couple of good teams and lost to them.

Neither team is setting the B1G on fire. We'll see how it all plays out. I suspect we'll have similar records when the dust settles.

lol.........this comment is rich. Do you frequent herkie's rivals free board much? There's always a thread there about Nebraska, and it's usually among your most popular. So tell me who has a hard-on for who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT