ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa

“National Championship” gibberish? If Nebraska ever gets into the conversation it will definitely be in part due to recruiting if Iowa ever gets into the conversation it will be in spite of recruiting.

Everything went Iowa’s way in 2015 and they couldn’t do it, when do you expect literally everything to go Iowa’s way again? 2015 Iowa had a weak schedule,they won all the close games during the regular season, they kept everyone significant healthy and they got to play a weak team from the East.

I’m not off my game at all, just waiting for something original or enlightening from Iowa fan, I guess I’ll continue to wait.

That's a pretty big IF there bud, your recruiting is within a couple standard deviations of what it always is. Recruitting isnt nebraskas problem, developing those recruits has been the problem.

I would also say that when you go into conversations and attempt to change them towards the handful of things you want to talk about you are going to find yourself getting similar responses everytime.

That's a pretty big IF there bud, your recruiting is within a couple standard deviations of what it always is. Recruitting isnt nebraskas problem, developing those recruits has been the problem.

I would also say that when you go into conversations and attempt to change them towards the handful of things you want to talk about you are going to find yourself getting similar responses everytime.
Have you ever thought about why you’re here? What do you want from Nebraska fans? Most of us respect the Iowa program for what it is and has been for forty years. We also do not view the Iowa football program as an equal. So if you’re looking for that, you’ll be waiting a long time. Nebraska is essentially equal to Iowa in win/loss in the past 15-20 years, if Nebraska continues like that for another 15-20 more years, I will change my opinion. The Nebraska football program has peers in the top ten of wins all time, teams in the top ten of wins are Nebraska’s equals. Iowa fan cannot stand that Nebraska is viewed by many as a blueblood and while that designation is debatable it is great to be in the conversation.

So I ask again, what would make you happy in regards to Nebraska fans? For me, I would simply like Iowa fans to respect Nebraska football for the totality of what it is and has been like we respect Iowa for what it is and has been.

Please address the post directly or do not reply at all.

Have you ever thought about why you’re here? What do you want from Nebraska fans? Most of us respect the Iowa program for what it is and has been for forty years. We also do not view the Iowa football program as an equal. So if you’re looking for that, you’ll be waiting a long time. Nebraska is essentially equal to Iowa in win/loss in the past 15-20 years, if Nebraska continues like that for another 15-20 more years, I will change my opinion. The Nebraska football program has peers in the top ten of wins all time, teams in the top ten of wins are Nebraska’s equals. Iowa fan cannot stand that Nebraska is viewed by many as a blueblood and while that designation is debatable it is great to be in the conversation.

So I ask again, what would make you happy in regards to Nebraska fans? For me, I would simply like Iowa fans to respect Nebraska football for the totality of what it is and has been like we respect Iowa for what it is and has been.

Lol, wow. Talk about deviating from the topic of discussion. Notice the drastic change once someone intervened. Sad.

This is honestly one of the funniest post I have ever seen on the boards and that includes the main board.

What do I want from Nebraska fans? You to eat, drink, be merry, enjoy football, represent the confrence well, travel well, talk about football, embrace the amateur sport for the beautiful thing it is, be warm, have a decent job, love your wife and children, do right by your fellow man.

Do you honestly think of yourself as someone who has any authority at all to do a God damn thing about any of the bullsh1t you just spouted off? Holy hell that might be the most beta male post I have ever witnessed. I actually like conversing with you because I thought you were the kinda guy that had the moxie to roll with all of it and laugh at the end of the day, my apologies h8ful, you seem to actually care about any of this. You nor I are on the team, my days of being a college athlete are long gone. Lighten up bro and remove stick from anus. That was some serious inferiority complex you just let yourself show right there.

Lol, wow. Talk about deviating from the topic of discussion. Notice the drastic change once someone intervened. Sad.

This is honestly one of the funniest post I have ever seen on the boards and that includes the main board.

What do I want from Nebraska fans? You to eat, drink, be merry, enjoy football, represent the confrence well, travel well, talk about football, embrace the amateur sport for the beautiful thing it is, be warm, have a decent job, love your wife and children, do right by your fellow man.

Do you honestly think of yourself as someone who has any authority at all to do a God damn thing about any of the bullsh1t you just spouted off? Holy hell that might be the most beta male post I have ever witnessed. I actually like conversing with you because I thought you were the kinda guy that had the moxie to roll with all of it and laugh at the end of the day, my apologies h8ful, you seem to actually care about any of this. You nor I are on the team, my days of being a college athlete are long gone. Lighten up bro and remove stick from anus. That was some serious inferiority complex you just let yourself show right there.

Got em! Laughing

200w.gif

Reactions: ihuskcorn
You dont get to pull that in an "Iowa" thread when you said "please respond to this post", you just pulled the most beta post in message board history. You can act cool all you want but anyone with a set of stones is going to read your post and cringe.
Talk about lighten up. You Iowa fans are too easy.

giphy.gif

No saving it now h8ful, you let your dairiare show.
Act cool bro, but you cant take that one back.
Actually I could take it back, but there’s no need, it was a troll job pure and simple and you fell for it hook line and sinker. Why would I keep trying to have a legitimate football conversation with Iowa fan, you all never ever respond directly to stats and facts, it’s always deflection and avoidance.

Iowa has the 39th rated recruiting class according to rivals. Is that an improvement over past years or about where they usually finish? I am too lazy to research this further since Iowa sucks and isn’t worth my time. But if somebody on here knows the answer I would be interested.

I ask simply because I can’t for the life of me figure out why Iowa fans stick with Ferentz. They have all the tools necessary to be a much better program. But they stand loyally behind Captain Boring.
I appreciate the thread Pennsy and hope you’re feeling better. It was nice of you to start a thread that Iowa fan could participate in and have some input, usually the
off-season is full of top 20 recruiting talk, blueblood status and ranking the best teams ever and Lord knows Iowa fan must feel pretty left out during those discussions.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I appreciate the thread Pennsy and hope you’re feeling better. It was nice of you to start a thread that Iowa fan could participate in and have some input, usually the
off-season is full of top 20 recruiting talk, blueblood status and ranking the best teams ever and Lord knows Iowa fan must feel pretty left out during those discussions.
Thanks. Just got back from the doc. He gave me some steroids. I should feel better quickly now. Horrible flu season back here in PA

Yes very important discussions off the field/court. Btw, Iowa bball is better too - history & the now. Life stings, we'll be here to assist your therapy.

Yes very important discussions off the field/court. Btw, Iowa bball is better too - history & the now. Life stings, we'll be here to assist your therapy.
No therapy needed, the facts and stats are stacked in favor of Iowa basketball just like the facts and stats are stacked in favor of Nebraska football. I’m a fan of a football school that’s decent at basketball, you’re a fan of a wrestling school that has a decent football and basketball program. You Iowa fans just don’t get it.

D
No therapy needed, the facts and stats are stacked in favor of Iowa basketball just like the facts and stats are stacked in favor of Nebraska football. I’m a fan of a football school that’s decent at basketball, you’re a fan of a wrestling school that has a decent football and basketball program. You Iowa fans just don’t get it.
You should add up and coming baseball B1G beware!

I think most Iowa fans are ok with the steadiness that KF has brought to the program. We all want more, but the school has been loyal to him after he flirted with the NFL years ago. I think all Iowa fans are alright with the idea of him stepping down in a year or two and going from there. We have a great fanbase, facilities, and money injected to the FB program. No reason they cant be a player with a new coach going forward.

2017 Regular season Champs Nebraska
2017 Tournament Champs Iowa

2018- No one qualified to the NCAA Tournament..

Here's an interesting kicker: Iowa leads head to head 9-3 since 2014.

Football is obvious.

Basketball - Iowa has quite the lead, along with wrestling as well.

Here's an interesting kicker: Iowa leads head to head 9-3 since 2014.

Football is obvious.

Basketball - Iowa has quite the lead, along with wrestling as well.

Last year Nebraska split in Baseball and won in Basketball...

Don’t expect Riley results in the future in Football..

Majority of us don’t give 2 $&itts about Rassling, why don’t we throw Men’s Track and Field in to the equation..

Last year Nebraska split in Baseball and won in Basketball...

Don’t expect Riley results in the future in Football..

Majority of us don’t give 2 $&itts about Rassling, why don’t we throw Men’s Track and Field in to the equation..

K, nice excuses from the backseat. Top 4 men's sports. Good day to you.

Who the hell puts Rassling with Football, Basketball and Baseball in the same category?

Only you Herky’so_O

Don’t let the door hit you in the Azz when leaving..

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Still waiting for Bond to build a volleyball program that anyone cares about here. It's fun watching the Husker women stomp the Hawks every year at CHA, but a little more competition wouldn't hurt. The new smaller volleyball arena here in IC might help Shymansky keep some of those great Iowa girls home (though I hope the best still go to Lincoln).

Who the hell puts Rassling with Football, Basketball and Baseball in the same category?

Only you Herky’so_O

Don’t let the door hit you in the Azz when leaving..

Fine, leave it out if you wish. Don't forget to add more loser for the remaining three
Still waiting for Bond to build a volleyball program that anyone cares about here. It's fun watching the Husker women stomp the Hawks every year at CHA, but a little more competition wouldn't hurt. The new smaller volleyball arena here in IC might help Shymansky keep some of those great Iowa girls home (though I hope the best still go to Lincoln).
No.

Just no. Nobody ventures into women's sports. A 6th rated overall college sport at that. Go wash off in a pumice bath.

Reactions: 9and4
Nobody ventures into women's sports. A 6th rated one at that. Go wash off in a pumice bath.
We do. "Nebraska: Where the men are men, and the women are champions!"
It's telling on the Iowa Arena website that they mention club hockey and youth sports before they mention a varsity NCAA sport that sells out arenas for its championship matches. Too bad for you.

Don’t mean to derail your thread here:
Volleyball is more popular than Rassling, when it comes down right to it.. ESPN, BTN and has a bigger following for watching Volleyball... Rassling just isn’t even a team sport it’s all an individual sport like Golf and Tennis..

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Fine, leave it out if you wish. Don't forget to add more loser for the remaining three

No.

Just no. Nobody ventures into women's sports. A 6th rated overall college sport at that. Go wash off in a pumice bath.

Herky forgot how much they sucked in Basketball last year like Nebraska did in Baseball..

Don’t mean to derail your thread here:
Volleyball is more popular than Rassling, when it comes down right to it.. ESPN, BTN and has a bigger following for watching Volleyball... Rassling just isn’t even a team sport it’s all an individual sport like Golf and Tennis..
Seriously.

Women's college volleyball, along with basketball, includes many of the best 18- to 22-year-old athletes in the country — and some foreign countries — playing at a high level, after which they move directly to professional leagues and/or the national team.

To ignore that is simply the product of being a fan or alumnus of a university that doesn't really care about volleyball because they suck at it.

Seriously.

Women's college volleyball, along with basketball, includes many of the best 18- to 22-year-old athletes in the country — and some foreign countries — playing at a high level, after which they move directly to professional leagues and/or the national team.

To ignore that is simply the product of being a fan or alumnus of a university that doesn't really care about volleyball because they suck at it.

Prove it. Prove to me the ESPN, BTN national following is greater. Show me something. I didn't challenge you because I never made an outlandish claim in the first place.

Wrestling is the greatest endurance sport there is.

K, we're done arguing a men's sport vs. a women's sport.

You include wrestling over track and field as "top 4 men's sports"? That's bizarre. Pretty sure most of the country cares alot more about Track. And women's volleyball is obviously more popular too, but you don't want to have that discussion.

EDIT: Didn't see above where you are actually trying to debate this.

Reactions: scarletred
Prove it. Prove to me the ESPN, BTN national following is greater. Show me something. I didn't challenge you because I never made an outlandish claim in the first place.

Wrestling is the greatest endurance sport there is.

K, we're done arguing a men's sport vs. a women's sport.
Misogyny noted.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT