ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa

I didn’t even realize they actually broadcast volleyball, let alone knew they actually got a real trophy and stuff. Wonders never cease!

Reactions: sltldowney
This post sums up why the country thinks you're arrogant has-beens. An unaccreditted (AAU) University that lives in a small bubble of 1.8 million people. Leave it at that. No one wants your place, so quit flattering yourself.
Only you think that, kwicasshole. You’re a fan of a school that no one but a few others of your ilk care about. Deal with it, dipshit.

I hate to say it but if Iowa actually put up the money and got a top tier head coach they could do something (or maybe even not then, maybe middle of the road is the best for them). Kirk seems to find his system players and develops them well enough to have solid defenses and solid run games. But that’s literally it. Maybe a top tier OC to boost there offense would do the trick??

Either way, as long as Iowa stuck in the middle of the road every year, our Huskers won’t have much worry with them. Frost will have our Huskers above them soon, year maybe two years, tops. Then Talent difference will start showing along with having a top tier Head Coach, one of the best offensive minds with top tier offenses and we finally have great development. If Chin doesn’t right the ship on defense, Frost will find us a top tier DC, I truly believe that.

Last edited:
1. Good post.

2. That's the creepy shit I'm talking about, you watch because your sexually aroused.

Jesus, so you’d rather watch two men rolling around on the ground??? Ok, that’s your thing, then have at it. But stop trying to flip the volleyball thing as weird. It’s simply called being fans. It shows how pathetic Iowa and there fans are. Us Husker fans follow everything Huskers. Only an IOWA SUCKEYES fan finds away to make it sound bad. And you wonder why you guys don’t get top level talent recruited to your football team ;)

I didn’t even realize they actually broadcast volleyball, let alone knew they actually got a real trophy and stuff. Wonders never cease!
Of I bet your a big rasslin fan. If you adjust the rabbit ears in the trailer just right you can whoop it up and watch those dudes go at it.

Reactions: EATAFAT1
According to Rivals, we have 8, 4-star players committed and they have ZERO. Very god chance we end with double digits (Pola-Gates, Pola-Mayo, Benhart bump) and they stay at 0.

Updated Rivals bumped Iowa to one. Ohio LB, who Ohio State came on late for. I believe he also had Nebraska offer.

pzoxlr1hf6cgxmf9gilv

JESTIN
JACOBS
OUTSIDE LINEBACKER
6'4''

4 Stars Rivals

210 LBS
CLASS OF 2019

Clayton, OH
Northmont

According to Rivals, we have 8, 4-star players committed and they have ZERO. Very god chance we end with double digits (Pola-Gates, Pola-Mayo, Benhart bump) and they stay at 0.
FWIW Iowa just had 4 players leave early for the NFL draft and none of them were 4 stars. Josh Jackson left for the NFL early last year and he was a 2*.

Desmond King was named 1st team All Pro in his 2nd season in the NFL and was a lucky to get 3*'s as a recruit as all of his offers were from MAC schools. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Alabama's recruiting class but Ferentz and staff have done pretty well with limited 4 star recruits.

FWIW Iowa just had 4 players leave early for the NFL draft and none of them were 4 stars. Josh Jackson left for the NFL early last year and he was a 2*.

Desmond King was named 1st team All Pro in his 2nd season in the NFL and was a lucky to get 3*'s as a recruit as all of his offers were from MAC schools. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Alabama's recruiting class but Ferentz and staff have done pretty well with limited 4 star recruits.

One West title in 8 years. Keep putting out those 3* NFL players. Does not mean much if it just gets you 7-5 8-4.

Thanks. Already heard that though something like a half dozen times in this thread.

No one disagrees that Ferentz does a good job developing talent. But I like having a top 20 class to develop with the coaches we now have over a top 40 class for Ferentz. I know, Iowa fan doesn’t care. Iowa is better than Nebraska. Always will be. Just ask Kwicasso and herkiesrevenge.

I can’t wait for the day that is coming soon where Iowa fan no longer comes to our board because Frost and company show them what better than average football looks like.

I wont disagree with Iowa’s development of players but at the end of it all what is this doing for Iowa?

Thanks. Already heard that though something like a half dozen times in this thread.

No one disagrees that Ferentz does a good job developing talent. But I like having a top 20 class to develop with the coaches we now have over a top 40 class for Ferentz. I know, Iowa fan doesn’t care. Iowa is better than Nebraska. Always will be. Just ask Kwicasso and herkiesrevenge.

I can’t wait for the day that is coming soon where Iowa fan no longer comes to our board because Frost and company show them what better than average football looks like.
Whoaaaaaaa....... dont say his name he will show up.... the hells wrong with you?

Nobody and I mean nobody wants to deal with that $h1t.

One West title in 8 years. Keep putting out those 3* NFL players. Does not mean much if it just gets you 7-5 8-4.
Nebraska has had better recruiting classes than Iowa for how many years in a row now? How is that working for you? Point is Iowa will never be able to out recruit Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Oklahoma so Iowa does what it does to compete the best it can. This thread started out about why iowa fans put up with Ferentz with recruiting rankings in the high 30a to low 40s. Answer is that the Iowa staff has proved they can take those classes and find players that end up surpassing these 4 stars that other programs bring in.

Last edited:
Nebraska has had better recruiting classes then Iowa for how many years in a row now? How is that working for you? Point is Iowa will never be able to out recruit Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Oklahoma so Iowa does what it does to compete the best it can. This thread started out about why iowa fans put up with Ferentz with recruitinf rankings in the high 30a to low 40s. Answer is that the Iowa staff has proved they can take those classes and find players that end up surpassing these 4 stars that other programs bring in.
THAN...the word is THAN you simpleton fu@k. Hard to take your inbred ass seriously when you can't even spell. The only thing in the high 30's and low 40's is your IQ.

Nebraska has had better recruiting classes than Iowa for how many years in a row now? How is that working for you? Point is Iowa will never be able to out recruit Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Oklahoma so Iowa does what it does to compete the best it can. This thread started out about why iowa fans put up with Ferentz with recruiting rankings in the high 30a to low 40s. Answer is that the Iowa staff has proved they can take those classes and find players that end up surpassing these 4 stars that other programs bring in.

No more Mike Riley bubby, he gone now...

LOL, what a convenient typo. Nice try.

LOL, then the moron went back to edit her post. Sorry, your IQ is showcased in my quote. Typical low IQ Iowa fan.
Yes, I did edit it. Isn't that what the edit feature is for? I also noticed recruiting was spelled wrong so I fixed that as well. By the way there should be a 's' in thats...

QUOTE="SkerInCo, post: 4929897, member: 4484"]So you're saying he's at least 4" shorter than claimed? That significant. Have you stood next to him?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Yes, I did edited it, Isn't that what the edit feature is for? I also noticed recruiting was spelled wrong so I fixed that as well. By the way there should be a 's' in thats...

QUOTE="SkerInCo, post: 4929897, member: 4484"]So you're saying he's at least 4" shorter than claimed? That significant. Have you stood next to him?

Don’t try to go all english major on us, you still failed...

Yes, I did edited it, Isn't that what the edit feature is for? I also noticed recruiting was spelled wrong so I fixed that as well. By the way there should be a 's' in thats...

QUOTE="SkerInCo, post: 4929897, member: 4484"]So you're saying he's at least 4" shorter than claimed? That significant. Have you stood next to him?
[/QUOTE]
Holy sh!t. "I did edited it" ? Wow, my 6 year old honestly has you beat. Take your pride back to the trash Io_a board. Brutal.

And Nebraska is on its third coach since joining the Big Ten. Pretty simple, Iowa would be much better off with actually recruiting solid and also developing.

And no, the Iowa staff hasn’t proved that. Hence the one division title in 8 years. That should not be good enough....but for Iowa it is.

Pretty sure Jesus Frost was that coach last year and he is 0-1 vs Iowa.

With mostly left over’s from Riley staff and his strength and conditioning . That roster will be changing to 50% next fall.

Last edited:
I wont disagree with Iowa’s development of players but at the end of it all what is this doing for Iowa?

Most Iowa fans love our player development; as do NFL GMs because they know they are ready to contribute right away in the league. The disconnect for me has been the emphasis on recruiting (has gotten better) and game day management / game planning as I think we are one of the worst in the BIG10 at it. Basically, if you played us 15 years ago, you probably arent going to see a lot of different things now that you did then.

"Jesus' Frost????And you beat him by 3 at your place on a last second goal?

You may be using that name more reverently in a year or so....
You keep hearing Iowa develops players, ok yes they boated raced Ohio state but they also lose a lot more games to teams they should have beaten by 3 touchdowns, so my question are the players really being developed or there just playing way over there heads in certain games.

You keep hearing Iowa develops players, ok yes they boated raced Ohio state but they also lose a lot more games to teams they should have beaten by 3 touchdowns, so my question are the players really being developed or there just playing way over there heads in certain games.
Iowa players spend 3-4 years in a program that runs defensive and offensive schemes that closely match what has been traditionally run in the NFL. Therefore those players develop into NFL prospects, same with Wisconsin, minus the B1G success. That system is not likely to win a B1G championship with Iowa’s level of recruiting. The fact remains that the most recent successful Iowa team (2015) had everything work in its advantage and still could not get it done. Additionally, teams like Oklahoma, Alabama and Nebraska all had downturns due to coaching hire mistakes, why Iowa fan thinks Iowa will be more successful after KF leaves is beyond me.

Iowa fan, be happy with Iowa’s recent success over Nebraska in football, a win in 2013 against a third string walk on QB, wins in 2015, 2017 and 2018 against a team with a losing record. The only real surprise for me was the 2016 game. Iowa has been an 8ish win per season team for 40 years. Why Iowa fan fights so hard against stats and facts I’ll never know.

Reactions: jchusker02
With mostly left over’s from Riley staff and his strength and conditioning . That roster will be changing to 50% next fall.
About 30% of the roster were Scooters kids, I highly question much improvement in strength and conditioning, Scooter is not known for putting a salty D on the field as a HC.

About 30% of the roster were Scooters kids, I highly question much improvement in strength and conditioning, Scooter is not known for putting a salty D on the field as a HC.

How many of those kids were scholarship players? I’ll wait. Frost had two months to fill out a class. Perfectly reasonable to expect him to flip the roster in that time....but not reasonable to expect old man Ferentz to win more than a divisional title every 8 years. Laughing

Last edited:
Brad Tucker is the epitome of a troll. Adds no value to any conversation. Actually comes off even stupider than most Iowa fans. Don’t bother engaging him. For your own sake, ignore him more than all the rest.

Iowa players spend 3-4 years in a program that runs defensive and offensive schemes that closely match what has been traditionally run in the NFL. Therefore those players develop into NFL prospects, same with Wisconsin, minus the B1G success. That system is not likely to win a B1G championship with Iowa’s level of recruiting. The fact remains that the most recent successful Iowa team (2015) had everything work in its advantage and still could not get it done. Additionally, teams like Oklahoma, Alabama and Nebraska all had downturns due to coaching hire mistakes, why Iowa fan thinks Iowa will be more successful after KF leaves is beyond me.

Iowa fan, be happy with Iowa’s recent success over Nebraska in football, a win in 2013 against a third string walk on QB, wins in 2015, 2017 and 2018 against a team with a losing record. The only real surprise for me was the 2016 game. Iowa has been an 8ish win per season team for 40 years. Why Iowa fan fights so hard against stats and facts I’ll never know.

I love the fact you think of Nebraska in the same breathe as those teams. It makes me chuckle.

Quit question, how many years do we have to beat frost before the mike riley excuse goes off the table? We are now 4 in a row and 5 of the last 6? Yet every year there is some grand reason of why it was BS.

I love the fact you think of Nebraska in the same breathe as those teams. It makes me chuckle.

Quit question, how many years do we have to beat frost before the mike riley excuse goes off the table? We are now 4 in a row and 5 of the last 6? Yet every year there is some grand reason of why it was BS.
You have beat him one year. His first year, with a true freshman QB, at your place and it took a 4th down conversion and a last second FG to do it. I don't think you will have to worry about it any more. But just because Nebraska will pass you by doesn't mean you can't still get your 7-wins a seasons, to keep everyone happy in hawkland.

I have a quick question as well. Do you think Frost is no better than Riley? That’s the only reason I can come up with for Iowa fan to be so confident.

If Frost is better than Riley, then why do you believe you will keep on winning? Please don’t say because we’ve won the last 4...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT