ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa

The way I see it, for Nebraska and Iowa to really mean anything, they need to pull off miracle seasons and meet at the end of the year undefeated, otherwise, it won't be much more than a blip on the national radar. When or if that happens, we'll really have something to look forward to!

Reactions: SkerInCo
What is the consensus from Iowa fans on little Farentz? I would say the 70’s argument is pretty bunk, to be honest. Iowa is currently a Top 25 program, with good facilities in a good conference. Times change, it is a much more attractive job now, I would think. So why compare it to 40 years ago when no one wanted the job?
Couldn’t agree more with what you said. I wanted Kirk gone after 2014 and I stand by that. I’d give up 12-2 in 2015 to see what the program could be now. And yes, I’m aware it could be worse.

Iowa’s best shot for national relevance came and went in 2015. Teams that recruit in the 30s-50s need a lot of help. For example, in 2015, Iowa had a very favorable schedule (hence the fake id designation), close games fell in their favor, stayed healthy at key positions and they got an easier then normal match up in the B1G champ game. The fact that all of those factors worked in Iowa’s favor and they couldn’t get it done, tells me they will probably never get it done.

Iowa’s best shot for national relevance came and went in 2015. Teams that recruit in the 30s-50s need a lot of help. For example, in 2015, Iowa had a very favorable schedule (hence the fake id designation), close games fell in their favor, stayed healthy at key positions and they got an easier then normal match up in the B1G champ game. The fact that all of those factors worked in Iowa’s favor and they couldn’t get it done, tells me they will probably never get it done.

Was kinda wondering when you were going to show up.

Agreed. I supported Brexit. I am anti-EU. I lived in Rome for a while back around 2008-2012. I worked there as a professor at one of the pontifical universities. I had numerous discussions with Italians teaching economics who did nothing but bitch about how the EU was bad for Italy. In fact, their claim was that the EU was skewed from the start to benefit the Germans and the French economically. Countries like Italy and Greece were just screwed.

Greece screws itself. The country is a mess. Greeks don't even trust other Greeks, let alone the EU.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Iowa will be fine next year they just reload, a good spring practice showing and they should be the fav to win the West.

Was kinda wondering when you were going to show up.
According to you we are having a reasonable discussion over here. So I’ve given my reasonable opinion. I have nothing against Iowa, but can’t stand the ignorance that most message board Iowa fans exhibit. I get why you’re here as the hawk board is an embarrassment as far as homeboards go that’s saying something.

One question you can answer since you’re here, when confronted with a favorable schedule most Nebraska fans reply with, “I’m glad to have a more favorable schedule upcoming” or words to that effect while confronted with the same comment most Iowa fans respond with vitriol and denial, why is that?

Reactions: huskerfan66
Iowa will be fine next year they just reload, a good spring practice showing and they should be the fav to win the West.
So you're saying that if Iowa beats Iowa then they will be favored?
tenor.gif

How do you figure when Hockenson,Hooker and A.Nelson are following Fant in to the draft, and not to mention road games at Madison, Ann Arbor, Evanston,and Lincoln...

West is wide open and there is 3 other teams have just as good as shot as Ioway if not More!

According to you we are having a reasonable discussion over here. So I’ve given my reasonable opinion. I have nothing against Iowa, but can’t stand the ignorance that most message board Iowa fans exhibit. I get why you’re here as the hawk board is an embarrassment as far as homeboards go that’s saying something.

One question you can answer since you’re here, when confronted with a favorable schedule most Nebraska fans reply with, “I’m glad to have a more favorable schedule upcoming” or words to that effect while confronted with the same comment most Iowa fans respond with vitriol and denial, why is that?
What? I said I was surprised you didnt participate yesterday....... I was actually anticipating you participating in said reasonable discussion.

I have no idea what your talking about as far as the schedule thing. You had a conversation about iowa having an upcoming easy schedule and someone got pissy with you? Could provide more context?

Greece screws itself. The country is a mess. Greeks don't even trust other Greeks, let alone the EU.
Oh I agree. The Italians are a mess too. But the point is that the EU, with its single currency, is designed to favor those countries that aren’t a mess, like Germany and France. In the past, whenever the Italian economy went into recession, they would just devalue the lire artificially, thus making Italian good cheaper for export and boost tourism. Now the can’t. Granted, artificially devaluing your currency is a lousy way of running your economy. But for many Italians it worked.

What? I said I was surprised you didnt participate yesterday....... I was actually anticipating you participating in said reasonable discussion.

I have no idea what your talking about as far as the schedule thing. You had a conversation about iowa having an upcoming easy schedule and someone got pissy with you? Could provide more context?
Discussing the fake id season, 2015. Iowa fan was up in arms with the designation. I was just pointing out one difference between the Iowa and Nebraska fan bases. Most Nebraska fans would respond more like, “we can only play the teams on our schedule.” While Iowa fan responds with anger and denial. Once proven that the designation was correct, Iowa fan was still unable to come to terms with the facts.

BTW, most message board Iowa fans are the same with unoriginal responses therefore I just use the singular “Iowa fan”.

Discussing the fake id season, 2015. Iowa fan was up in arms with the designation. I was just pointing out one difference between the Iowa and Nebraska fan bases. Most Nebraska fans would respond more like, “we can only play the teams on our schedule.” While Iowa fan responds with anger and denial. Once proven that the designation was correct, Iowa fan was still unable to come to terms with the facts.

BTW, most message board Iowa fans are the same with unoriginal responses therefore I just use the singular “Iowa fan”.
This is blatantly false. For the entirety of UNL's B1G existence, it's been the B1G is out to get 'us' with these schedules

So when you presented something as a "fake ID" you were surprised you got a negative response?

maxresdefault.jpg

I cannot speak for the person you were talking to, as advertised in this thread every fan base has knuckleheads. I'll assume you are smart enough to figure out how that conversation went on the wrong foot. Me, I was pretty happy to have played a defacto final 4 play in game. Not so happy with the outcome.

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell
So when you presented something as a "fake ID" you were surprised you got a negative response?

maxresdefault.jpg

I cannot speak for the person you were talking to, as advertised in this thread every fan base has knuckleheads. I'll assume you are smart enough to figure out how that conversation went on the wrong foot. Me, I was pretty happy to have played a defacto final 4 play in game. Not so happy with the outcome.
Back on topic, do you have any comment on my original post?

Next time someone approaches Iowa fan with, “weak schedule” “fake id team” smack, just respond with “Iowa can only play the teams on the schedule.” Most of you are just too sensitive and easy to troll. I’m here to help you all, as most Iowa fans need it.

We husker fans know why Iowa fan cannot be objective when it comes to Nebraska football, it’s just too bad most Iowa fans can’t come to grips with those reasons. Whereas most Nebraska fans are objective about Iowa football.

Nebraska by 14 next year. 31-17. 10 of Iowa's points will be in garbage time after Nebraska ends the 3rd up 31-7.

Reactions: nwualum
Back on topic, do you have any comment on my original post?

Next time someone approaches Iowa fan with, “weak schedule” “fake id team” smack, just respond with “Iowa can only play the teams on the schedule.” Most of you are just too sensitive and easy to troll. I’m here to help you all, as most Iowa fans need it.

We husker fans know why Iowa fan cannot be objective when it comes to Nebraska football, it’s just too bad most Iowa fans can’t come to grips with those reasons. Whereas most Nebraska fans are objective about Iowa football.
That's no where near the original topic, that is the topic you introduced ya dunce.

Iowa has the 39th rated recruiting class according to rivals. Is that an improvement over past years or about where they usually finish? I am too lazy to research this further since Iowa sucks and isn’t worth my time. But if somebody on here knows the answer I would be interested.

I ask simply because I can’t for the life of me figure out why Iowa fans stick with Ferentz. They have all the tools necessary to be a much better program. But they stand loyally behind Captain Boring.

Can we please quit wasting posts with Iowa, really, who gives a shit.

This is blatantly false. For the entirety of UNL's B1G existence, it's been the B1G is out to get 'us' with these schedules
I’ll try to translate for you...

When dealt a weaker schedule than usual, Nebraska simply says, “All we can do is play the teams on our schedule.” No arguing that it was murderer’s row.

His comment had nothing to do with the bend over schedules we have been dealt for much of our time in the B1G. When we have a weaker schedule we don’t artificially prop it up.

Understand?

If you want to retaliate with our harder than usual schedules, feel free. But you are comparing apples and oranges at the moment, my friend...

That's no where near the original topic, that is the topic you introduced ya dunce.

Care to comment on my original post dumba$$? See I can call names too, hoe Lee chit you are a dumb SOB. My original post, before you took this off topic, was directly related to the OP.

if we’re having a reasonable discussion why are you suddenly acting like an idiot?

I cannot speak for others. I have to assume they responded negativity since you referred to it as the "fake id". I have already provided my response to how I would have answered. Clear enough for you?

The only question in your original post, which I linked, was about how iowa fans responded to you, which had nothing to do with pennsy's OP ("is this a better than average recruitting class for Iowa and why do we put up with KF"). C'mon man, you are better than that.

Last edited:
I’ll try to translate for you...

When dealt a weaker schedule than usual, Nebraska simply says, “All we can do is play the teams on our schedule.” No arguing that it was murderer’s row.

His comment had nothing to do with the bend over schedules we have been dealt for much of our time in the B1G. When we have a weaker schedule we don’t artificially prop it up.

Understand?

If you want to retaliate with our harder than usual schedules, feel free. But you are comparing apples and oranges at the moment, my friend...

Hmm.. so who was propping up the easy schedule?

Here's an interesting question: If UNL has never won more than 10 games in the B1G, will they ever? Just as plausible as the Iowa suggestion one of yours proclaims.

Point is, trying to decide everyone else's fate is a huge waste of time.

Hmm.. so who was propping up the easy schedule?

Here's an interesting question: If UNL has never won more than 10 games in the B1G, will they ever? Just as plausible as the Iowa suggestion one of yours proclaims.

Point is, trying to decide everyone else's fate is a huge waste of time.
Speaking for H8fullGR8, Iowa fans were propping up the easy schedule. It’s pretty clear in his post.

And to your question, considering we only play 9 conference games a year, and a 10th in the CCG, I think nebraska will never win MORE THAN 10 games a year under the current format. And I would put a ton of money on that.

Talk about a huge waste of time reading your post...

Speaking for H8fullGR8, Iowa fans were propping up the easy schedule. It’s pretty clear in his post.

And to your question, considering we only play 9 conference games a year, and a 10th in the CCG, I think nebraska will never win MORE THAN 10 games a year under the current format. And I would put a ton of money on that.

Talk about a huge waste of time reading your post...

Defeat has been acknowledged. When one knows full well the argument but tries to play smarta*s. Nothing suggests anything over 10 wins after the 2012 70-24 debacle. Now THAT team was fake news.

Defeat has been acknowledged. When one knows full well the argument but tries to play smarta*s. Nothing suggests anything over 10 wins after the 2012 70-24 debacle. Now THAT team was fake news.
@Iwillnotpostdrunk.... see above hawk fan as exhibit A on why the Iowa fan base is a laughing stock.

Iowa and Nebraska have essentially an equal win/loss record during KFs tenure, KF does not have a winning record against Nebraska and Iowa fan continues to embarrass themselves on all message boards.

Here’s an idea, go troll Michigan at least KF has a winning record against Michigan.

As far as fan bases and football teams go
Iowa = Kansas State.

Can we please quit wasting posts with Iowa, really, who gives a shit.
Well, obviously quite a few people on this board give a shit. So chill. Just because you don’t care about the competition between NU and the team from the State right next to us, it doesn’t mean I can’t care, or lots of others. Why does it bother you anyway? How are you harmed by the fact that there are threads on a football chat board about the football competition between two neighboring B1G schools?

And what, exactly, does it mean that we are “wasting posts” by talking about Iowa? Are we allotted a limited number of posts per year or something??? I better hoard my posts then and save them for something really important, like responding to you.

If you don’t like posts about Iowa then just don’t read them. There are numerous topics that are frequently discussed on here that bore me, so I just don’t read them. Like threads on Husker hoops, which means very little to me. I am not opposed to Husker hoops, and I hope they do well, and I am glad others on here like to discuss it. But I don’t so I just don’t click on it.

See how simple that is?

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
H8ful is on all sorts of tangents today. Rough day at the office mate?

(In regards to going somewhere else, Pennsy did a great job of explaining why I'm here.)
Nope, just trying to having a reasonable discussion, since you seem to be focused on all the wrong parts of my original post, I’ll summarize for you and then see if there is a comment, in summary:

teams that do not have elite recruiting (ranked 30s-50s) need everything to fall their way in order for them to compete nationally, for example 2015 Iowa.

I yield. You win. Somehow, Iowa will get 10 conference wins in a season before Nebraska. I don’t know how, but they will.

Yes, I added conference back in to the topic because that’s what you were talking about previously. 10 conference wins in a season.

Or, rather than coming to a husker board and pretending Nebraska will never again get to 10 wins, just stay away and watch? Is that too much to ask?

Edit: defeat has been acknowledged, my ass... what a tool and a troll. You give a bad name to the Iowa posters who try to be objective. Sorry SWIowahawk and Iwillnotpostdrunk...

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Nope, just trying to having a reasonable discussion, since you seem to be focused on all the wrong parts of my original post, I’ll summarize for you and then see if there is a comment, in summary:

teams that do not have elite recruiting (ranked 30s-50s) need everything to fall their way in order for them to compete nationally, for example 2015 Iowa.
What part of "just trying to have a reasonable conversation" is "go troll Michigan, atleast KF has a winning record against michigan"?
Just as a follow up to this national championship gibberish you keep speaking, there are like 8 teams in the nation that have a legitimate shot at winning a national championship so that recruitting number you throw around is BS. Anyone else that gets in the conversation is catching lightning in a bottle that year, which Iowa almost did. To be fair, almost doesnt mean diddly.

You are off your game today mate.

What part of "just trying to have a reasonable conversation" is "go troll Michigan, atleast KF has a winning record against michigan"?
Just as a follow up to this national championship gibberish you keep speaking, there are like 8 teams in the nation that have a legitimate shot at winning a national championship so that recruitting number you throw around is BS. Anyone else that gets in the conversation is catching lightning in a bottle that year, which Iowa almost did. To be fair, almost doesnt mean diddly.

A lot of it is a weaker schedule, but Nebraska has been picked by some national media as a darkhorse playoff candidate.

Should the stars align and something like that happen, the end of the season could be similar to 2015 Iowa.

But Nebraska is getting some positive press outside of the cornhusker state.

“National Championship” gibberish? If Nebraska ever gets into the conversation it will definitely be in part due to recruiting if Iowa ever gets into the conversation it will be in spite of recruiting.

Everything went Iowa’s way in 2015 and they couldn’t do it, when do you expect literally everything to go Iowa’s way again? 2015 Iowa had a weak schedule,they won all the close games during the regular season, they kept everyone significant healthy and they got to play a weak team from the East.

I’m not off my game at all, just waiting for something original or enlightening from Iowa fan, I guess I’ll continue to wait.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT