ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa

Did not read thread.

Iowa has 4 players leaving early for the draft. They lost 4 games this past year with a #44 SOS. That’s about all you need to know. Ferentz is going to Ferentz until he retires.

If Iowa fans are happy with 8-4 and winning the West once every 8 years...that’s great. They are in good hands with Ferentz.

I have to believe the NCAA mens national championship draws more than 1 million viewers like that article suggest the volleyball match did.
I'm trying to figure out what that ranking actually means. The men's basketball championship, however, is on CBS, right? So that doesn't qualify. My guess regarding the championships on ESPN "Family" of networks:
  1. Football championship
  2. Women's basketball
  3. Women's volleyball
  4. Baseball
  5. Something else
  6. Something else
  7. Tiddlywinks
  8. Something else
  9. Something else
  10. Wrestling

From NBC:

NCAA WRESTLING FINALS HITS SIX-YEAR LOW
The final night of the NCAA wrestling championships had a 0.34 rating and 628,000 viewers on ESPN2 Saturday night, down 8% in ratings and 15% in viewership from last year (0.37, 735K) and down 6% and 4% respectively from 2016 (0.36, 655K). It was the smallest audience for the final night since 2012 (554K). Prior to this year, the final night aired on ESPN.

Semifinal coverage last Friday had a 0.26 (-13%) and 451,000 (+2%) on ESPN.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Ok side note, can we all agree that no matter what the team name on the jersey is if you are a grown man who watches volleyball and doesnt have some form of family relationship to one of the players that's weird?

Ok side note, can we all agree that no matter what the team name on the jersey is if you are a grown man who watches volleyball and doesnt have some form of family relationship to one of the players that's weird?
And watching wrestling is..................

hqdefault.jpg

or

Awkward-boners-biting.jpg

Ok wait. The way I'm reading the numbers for the volleyball article it is talking about 1 million viewers for the "women's national championships" meaning all games played which to make an apt comparison would be all days of wrestling.

(This is a really stupid conversation)

Reactions: 9and4 and kwicasso
You article even says: "The finals (March 17, 8 p.m.) averaged 628,000 viewers on ESPN2." So not even close to the 1M that watched volleyball.

Apples to oranges 8 million watched wrestling championships. Can't really compare since different viewers will tune into the individual.

Exactly. It doesn't compare the way other sports can be compared. How many watch the totality of NCAA women's vball tournament?

And I suspect that may be why you watch wrestling.

You're*

Whoooaaaaaa. On your game today headcard, slow down bro, I'm still on my second cup of coffee.

(If you have ever wrestled in your life you know how brutal that sport is. One man takes another man and pins his back to the ground against his will, no hoops, no "plays", no "ball didnt bounce my way", just one mans will against anothers.)

K, nice excuses from the backseat. Top 4 men's sports. Good day to you.

Please just stop.......the bottom line is I don't think there are many people that given a choice would think that it would be an upgrade for Nebraska to trade places with Iowa....period. I'm not talking just Nebraska/Iowa fans...I'm talking fans around the country. The perception is that Iowa just is not relevant and while Nebraska has been down in football the future for Nebraska football is much brighter than Iowa. I'm proud to be from Nebraska and what we stand for and wouldn't trade places with Iowa.....ever.

Please just stop.......the bottom line is I don't think there are many people that given a choice would think that it would be an upgrade for Nebraska to trade places with Iowa....period. I'm not talking just Nebraska/Iowa fans...I'm talking fans around the country. The perception is that Iowa just is not relevant and while Nebraska has been down in football the future for Nebraska football is much brighter than Iowa. I'm proud to be from Nebraska and what we stand for and wouldn't trade places with Iowa.....ever.

This post sums up why the country thinks you're arrogant has-beens. An unaccreditted (AAU) University that lives in a small bubble of 1.8 million people. Leave it at that. No one wants your place, so quit flattering yourself.

Last edited:

Oh now you did it! Now we have to hear about how much better Iowa’s roads are.

You are responding to a guy that for months tried to make himself sound like a Nebraska fan. It doesn’t get more sad than that.

This post sums up why the country thinks you're arrogant has-beens. An unaccreditted University that lives in a small bubble of 1.8 million people. Leave it at that. No one wants your place, so quit flattering yourself.

I think we can all agree that it’s far better to be a has been than a never was. I’m 32 and am still waiting to see Iowa win it’s first sole Big Ten title in football.

This post sums up why the country thinks you're arrogant has-beens. An unaccreditted University that lives in a small bubble of 1.8 million people. Leave it at that. No one wants your place, so quit flattering yourself.

Your response sums up why you will always be our jealous neighbor....no matter how much you want to belittle us deep down you know that we will always be more relevant.

Whole country, huh?

Wow, you hear that fellas? The whole country is out to get us!!!

Edit: you have proof of this I presume... I would love to read how the whole country loves Iowa but can’t stand Nebraska.

T
Whole country, huh?

Wow, you hear that fellas? The whole country is out to get us!!!

Edit: you have proof of this I presume... I would love to read how the whole country loves Iowa but can’t stand Nebraska.

That struck a nerve - truth hurts! Out on this thread; proved everything needed to.

Until the next Iowa based thread!

T

That struck a nerve - truth hurts! Out on this thread; proved everything needed to.

Until the next Iowa based thread!
No nerve struck at all. Just hilarious that you say this and then conveniently call that you’re out.

As if Iowa is so much different (better) than Nebraska. Really, this is too good.

1. The University of Nebraska is not unaccredited. You clearly don’t understand what you are talking about.
2. I live in Pennsylvania. Every college football fan out here hates Nebraska and is indifferent to Iowa. They hate Nebraska because our tradition rivals or betters PSU’s. They are indifferent to Iowa because... well...Iowa. Lol. So the “whole country” claim should at least mention that nobody gives a shit about Iowa football. Anywhere.
3. Yes, Nebraska is a small population rural State. Hmm.... so is Iowa.
4. Nobody wants us? Well, since we routinely out recruit Iowa, and this year by a long mile, it would seem that even fewer people want your place.

But it’s fine as a grown man to watch guys in tights give each other head locks between their legs..

Jezz Louis talk about weird..

You're*

Whoooaaaaaa. On your game today headcard, slow down bro, I'm still on my second cup of coffee.

(If you have ever wrestled in your life you know how brutal that sport is. One man takes another man and pins his back to the ground against his will, no hoops, no "plays", no "ball didnt bounce my way", just one mans will against anothers.)

Did you happen to write the trailer for the movie “Brokeback Mountain”? If not you missed an opportunity.

I’m traveling today, but am glad to see that Iowa fan has been adequately dealt with in my absence.

This. Well said.
Pelini was a jerk. But if he had won conference titles and got us into the playoff he would still be on our sideline screaming at the moon.

Well, with Clownahan & Smiling Mike we didn't even have to worry about winning conference titles or getting into the playoff.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Laughing What is remotely weird about supporting womens athletics? Volleyball is actually an exciting sport to watch.
Consider the source... volleyball is not exciting to watch in Iowa. If all I had to watch for women’s volleyball was what Iowa puts on the court, I would probably feel the same way as Iwillnotpostdrunk.

True. Also I guess I would consider grown men watching high school volleyball without connections as a little weird.
The key words are “without connection.” I am not related to any of the volleyball girls, but I have a deep connection as a fan of all things Husker.

That, and I appreciate championships. :)

Reactions: xxUNRIVALEDxx
The key words are “without connection.” I am not related to any of the volleyball girls, but I have a deep connection as a fan of all things Husker.

That, and I appreciate championships. :)
College volleyball is super exciting to watch. I’ll watch even if it doesn’t involve Nebraska, could care less how others feel about it.

Reactions: timnsun
College volleyball is super exciting to watch. I’ll watch even if it doesn’t involve Nebraska, could care less how others feel about it.
This! and having played a lot of competitive volleyball in my younger years, I can attest that Women's Volleyball at the division 1 level is high quality and great to watch. Unlike Women's Basketball and Women's soccer in College, which is a relative low quality.

Reactions: xxUNRIVALEDxx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT