ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Tweet Re-B1G Football

O

oh man will Desmond and Wilbon come unglued over the Nebraska parents letter, Desmond will be pushing them to get kick out of the USA
Some ESPN national radio hosts today were giving the B1G the business today for throwing in the towel so early. They questioned why they didn't wait. If anything, the B1G could have reduced the schedules to division only games followed by a CCG and delayed the start until the 2nd week of September. By then we will probably know if it was going to work or not to play. There may be some legs to some teams being allowed to play out of conference games this fall.

And now a fella named Tate has weighed in.

I have a good feeling some of us (our Huskers included) will get to play some out of conference games this fall. Just a gut feeling though. When you have that many BIG 10 teams pushing to play, plus all those parents sending letters and what not to the BIG 10 Brass, it’s bound to happen.

edited: oh, then you add in a guy like Urban Meyer supporting Ryan Day and Scott Frost and there push for their teams....it’s only going to help.

Last edited:
Dude you need to find your way out of the woods get out of your hillbilly militia fatigues cut your beard and eat a Big Mac.

Well I would say good riddance now that the big ten has declared they're a political operation in bed with Soros and have no real interest in football.
trust me pal it's a clowerd and piven strategy. It's over for them the big ten is an academic conference only

The big ten committed suicide. It's over. Either jump the sinking ship now or do it later but they're not playing sports again

because they don't realize that the lockdown is permanent. These schools have decided to cancel sports for good
in some places the lockdown is permanent. Blue states are gonna secede from the union

We're not living in the same country that we were 8 months ago. A second civil war is on the horizon. I expect this time next year no ones gonna be playing sports because we're gonna be fighting that's the sport... so you may as well take advantage of the opportunity this year

Last edited:
Man this would totally debunk my theory about the B1G motives but I’d take it in a heart beat.

Big 12 was great. NU was not treated bad by Texas...NU was treated bad by the other teams that were sick of NU.

Lame. Texas did exactly Texas. They had OU give a reach around while they had the others do their bidding. Don't kid yourself. Texas did not like the influence of Nebraska and set out to break us.

The real reason that NU left the Big 12 was that the Big 12's implosion seemed imminent with rumors of Texas to the Pac12 and OU to the SEC, leaving NU with a tattered conference of nobodies. It doesn't matter if it didn't happen. UT will always look out for their interest. There is no B12 Network. There is only a Longhorn Network. I'll let you think that one over.

Lame. Texas did exactly Texas. They had OU give a reach around while they had the others do their bidding. Don't kid yourself. Texas did not like the influence of Nebraska and set out to break us.

The real reason that NU left the Big 12 was that the Big 12's implosion seemed imminent with rumors of Texas to the Pac12 and OU to the SEC, leaving NU with a tattered conference of nobodies. It doesn't matter if it didn't happen. UT will always look out for their interest. There is no B12 Network. There is only a Longhorn Network. I'll let you think that one over.
Remember Texas ruined two conferences, the swc, big 12. And the funny part is there turning into OUs little bitch

Reactions: bshirt73
This board is achieving a mix of crazy/stupid that I never thought possible. The wackos are coming out of the woodwork.

I have a good feeling some of us (our Huskers included) will get to play some out of conference games this fall. Just a gut feeling though. When you have that many BIG 10 teams pushing to play, plus all those parents sending letters and what not to the BIG 10 Brass, it’s bound to happen.

edited: oh, then you add in a guy like Urban Meyer supporting Ryan Day and Scott Frost and there push for their teams....it’s only going to help.
I dont get the whole out of conference thing. If you're going to play just play your schedule.

Reactions: 22LR
No one will play this fall and the idiots of the big ten will come out smelling like a rose.

I dont get the whole out of conference thing. If you're going to play just play your schedule.
The idea is to let schools that want to play do so and others schools that want to cancel their season also do so. The thought is that not all schools in the conference want to or will play therefore you need to let everyone make their own schedule this year and not force everyone in the conference to play.

Reactions: Bart Man

That is a good point, but the other teams needed to follow along.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
O

oh man will Desmond and Wilbon come unglued over the Nebraska parents letter, Desmond will be pushing them to get kick out of the USA

Kevin Warren is a clueless, incompetent fool that simply doesn’t get his constituency! Anyway you cut, what a PR cluster for the conference and it’s members. What a fart! Why commit suicide now when you can always do it next month?!!! This is what happens when you bring outsiders that don’t get the BIG10! Wilbon can go jump off a cliff, what a clueless pompous ass!! Sheesh! Desmond Coward has NOT rendered a single coherent, valid, and articulate opinion in his entire career! How he has a job shows the competence of his network. Enough said.

Reactions: PaPHusker162
Zach Smith would do well to completely disappear from all social media. For the next 50 years or so.

Most people on here don't realize, that Frost and Day are very good friends as they coached together at Oregon under Kelly and as soon as NU took up the mantle themselves, the first one to back DONU by joining the fight was Ohio St and then Michigan. Kinda hard to argue with 3 of the top 5 wininningest programs in history as well as having Blue Blood Status and yes we are still considered a Blue Blood. We have had our down years and will be coming out of that funk soon!

Last edited:

I mean, is it that hard to figure out? I am not meaning to be a dick head here. But really? I think everyone wants the BIG 10 schedule first...all teams alike. But if they can’t and have to wait on the BIG 10 schedule, then why not allow them to play some out of conference games on their own steam? It’s a win/win for everyone to be honest. But no, no one is saying we should only play out of conference games, we all would love to see a BIG 10 schedule instead.

Reactions: bshirt73
Most people on here don't realize, that Frost and Day are very good friends as they coached together at Oregon under Kelly and as soon as NU took up the mantle themselves, the first one to back DONU by joining the fight was Ohio St and then Michigan. Kinda hard to argue with 3 of the top 5 wininningest programs in history as well as having Blue Blood Status and yes we are still considered a Blue Blood. We have had our down years and will be coming out of that funk soon!

I believe you are mistaken about them coaching together at Oregon. To my knowledge Day has never coached a single day at Oregon.

Day played for Kelly at UNH, and coached with him in the NFL. So they both have a relationship with Chip Kelly, so they may indeed be friends, but they have never coached together.

That is a good point, but the other teams needed to follow along.

I agree with you that the "little 8" allowed Texas to run the show. But I will say OU, Texas, A&M, and Nebraska screwed the little 8 over from the jump. The 4 knew that most of the remaining 8 schools would have trouble finding a spot in other P5 leagues in 1996, so they put in place the tiered structure that paid the 4 greater revenues than the rest.

If Nebraska had the cache for ESPN to pay them the money, for tier 3, that they paid Texas' Longhorn Network, we would have taken that money too and screw the rest. Nebraska already showed they weren't about fair and equitable distribution of revenues. I don't understand why Nebraska thought the 8 schools would vote with Nebraska against the LHN. The fact is that outside of Colorado and Missouri, those other schools had no where to go. So they were stuck and needed Texas.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

Texas gave you a parting gift as well. They wouldn’t let you comeback to the conference regardless of how much begging came out of Lincoln.

You act as if that’s going to happen.
Not at all as the B10 is your conference and the B12 is not an option for the future. If the Neb leadership were to tuck and run again, the options are quite limited unless independent status is desired. You would need a national fanbase to make that work but you don’t have any “special interest groups” to tap into like ND or BYU.

Not at all as the B10 is your conference and the B12 is not an option for the future. If the Neb leadership were to tuck and run again, the options are quite limited unless independent status is desired. You would need a national fanbase to make that work but you don’t have any “special interest groups” to tap into like ND or BYU.
You don't know what you're talking about. But continue trolling Clone.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT