ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: One Ranking of the B1G Coaches

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Take it with a large grain of salt because after all it's just someone's opinion. But after one season Matt Rhule has been ranked #7 out of the 18 coaches in the B1G. Ryan Day of Ohio State is ranked first and Ryan Walters of Purdue is ranked last.

LINK

After the departure of Harbaugh I don’t disagree that Day should be #1. But it’s kinda crazy that the top coach in the B1G (according to this guy) is also on the hottest of seats in the B1G. If he loses to Michigan again, or has 2+ losses he’s likely toast. 12 team playoff could give him some reprieve, but if he loses to Michigan and gets bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs I think they move on from Day.

I’d almost say Day, Franklin and Riley could all be tabbed as overrated to some degree based on the talent they have to work with. Lanning has been impressive but only going into his 3rd year, lets see how he does with a B1G schedule

Reactions: V-Doub
Some of these types of stories are pretty comical. Just saw one on top Big 12 coaches done by a homer from Colorado Buffs Wire. He had Coach Prime and his one 4 win FBS season ranked above Klieman whose had 4 winning seasons in five at KSU and 4 FCS natty's

• Haha
Reactions: V-Doub
Take it with a large grain of salt because after all it's just someone's opinion. But after one season Matt Rhule has been ranked #7 out of the 18 coaches in the B1G. Ryan Day of Ohio State is ranked first and Ryan Walters of Purdue is ranked last.

LINK
I don't know how you can put the weird new Indiana coach ahead of Schiano, Locksley and Braun.

The quote “Ryan day woke up on 3rd base and thought he hit a triple” sums up everything about him. He’s not a great coach. He’s just in a great situation. The fact that he has zero Nattys with the talent he’s had is telling
He is John Cooper 2.0

Be

LINK
Beilema and Fleck are too low and Jedd Fisch and Jonathon Smith are both too high

The quote “Ryan day woke up on 3rd base and thought he hit a triple” sums up everything about him. He’s not a great coach. He’s just in a great situation. The fact that he has zero Nattys with the talent he’s had is telling
He's had to contend with Harbaugh. But now that he's gone, we'll really see if Day is worth his salt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT