ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting subplot to NU vs Maryland.....

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Turgeon is one of the hot names being rumored to be NU's head coach. IF NU and Miles beats Maryland today with the roster he has left.............That would be interesting.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Turgeon is one of the hot names being rumored to be NU's head coach. IF NU and Miles beats Maryland today with the roster he has left.............That would be interesting.
Oops I just mentioned something similar on the other BB thread. Great minds...,....

Interesting that Moos is going to California for his son's spring game instead of the Big Ten tournament. Maybe he's already got the next coach lined up. Or stopping in Las Vegas to interview Altman or Smith.

Interesting that Moos is going to California for his son's spring game instead of the Big Ten tournament. Maybe he's already got the next coach lined up. Or stopping in Las Vegas to interview Altman or Smith.
He can watch the Husker game on TV. He doesn't need to physically be there. Good for him.

Or maybe he doesn’t want to watch horrible basketball?

He can watch the Husker game on TV. He doesn't need to physically be there. Good for him.

True. But it also means Miles won't be fired until he gets back. I figured he'd want to be around to fire him tomorrow (or Saturday if we somehow win today).

Terrible, absolutely terrible, NU could care less about any type of B Ball program Worse possible outcome, we keep Miles after falling to make the tournament.

We’ve made the tournament one time since 1999 and it was Miles that got us there. I’m not saying we shouldn’t try again, but let’s not act like Miles is the only thing holding us back....

We’ve made the tournament one time since 1999 and it was Miles that got us there. I’m not saying we shouldn’t try again, but let’s not act like Miles is the only thing holding us back....

Maybe I'm suffering from euphoria after this W, but I really feel like something has clicked with Miles the past few games. Perhaps this is what he needed to realize he can recruit his own backyard and Nebraska kids will play their a$$es off to wear that uniform. Team chemistry is popping right now.

He is still relatively young and able to adapt. Yes it probably took too long but we are where we are. I think loves his job and wants to do anything to make it work long term - - anyone else we get in here will bolt after a little success.

I'm all for it.

Nothing to tell. It’s an uphill climb to build a winner in basketball at Nebraska. Tough conference, historically we are a bottom tier program, no local recruiting base, history of ending coaching careers, and every school has money now (our one advantage nullified). Those are facts. It’s going to take some luck getting an under the radar rising star coach or coach with ties to the program to make something happen.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Maybe I'm suffering from euphoria after this W, but I really feel like something has clicked with Miles the past few games. Perhaps this is what he needed to realize he can recruit his own backyard and Nebraska kids will play their a$$es off to wear that uniform. Team chemistry is popping right now.

He is still relatively young and able to adapt. Yes it probably took too long but we are where we are. I think loves his job and wants to do anything to make it work long term - - anyone else we get in here will bolt after a little success.

I'm all for it.
Agree, Frost and Cook understand Nebraska kids can play big time college athletics, and now maybe Miles will see that. Nebraska kids bust their butt for their Nebraska sport. The 5 star kids realize fast if they don't buy in fast they will be left behind.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Agree, Frost and Cook understand Nebraska kids can play big time college athletics, and now maybe Miles will see that. Nebraska kids bust their butt for their Nebraska sport. The 5 star kids realize fast if they don't buy in fast they will be left behind.
Only if the coaches give them a chance and let the "stars" get shown up and the hard workers get rewarded. And not just when,"oh crap, I have to play them" due to injuries or out of necessity.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
After the win today Miles gets another year for sure.

It seems like Moos has already made the decision. The fact that he chose not to attend the Big Ten tourney speaks volumes.

These last few wins have increased the pressure on him to hire a good coach. He better have someone good lined up, because if he fires Miles and replaces him with another no-name mid-major coach, many will not be happy.

It won't be Nate Oats, he just signed a big extension at Buffalo today.

Watching the BIG commercials, you know the ones where they show little blips of home BB games. They show NEBRASKA with the confetti and the Teletubby looking things. Don't remember seeing them at any games this year.... which I'm glad.

Nothing to tell. It’s an uphill climb to build a winner in basketball at Nebraska. Tough conference, historically we are a bottom tier program, no local recruiting base, history of ending coaching careers, and every school has money now (our one advantage nullified). Those are facts. It’s going to take some luck getting an under the radar rising star coach or coach with ties to the program to make something happen.
Historically the program has been ignored by AD's. The money and support is there. When Miles came into the program he was asked about the history, and with smugness replied that it wasn't on him (no one said or implied that it was). It is now on Tim. Those who have low expectations for the program and find this acceptable need to get out of the way.

Historically the program has been ignored by AD's. The money and support is there. When Miles came into the program he was asked about the history, and with smugness replied that it wasn't on him (no one said or implied that it was). It is now on Tim. Those who have low expectations for the program and find this acceptable need to get out of the way.

Agree to disagree. Turning a historically bad program into a winner is exceptionally difficult. Nebraska will struggle to hire a quality coach.

Agree to disagree. Turning a historically bad program into a winner is exceptionally difficult. Nebraska will struggle to hire a quality coach.
You just have to find the bill Snyder of men's basketball, he's out there somewhere you just need the luck to find him

You just have to find the bill Snyder of men's basketball, he's out there somewhere you just need the luck to find him
Maybe we already have him but aren't letting him grow in to the job? I dunno but man I've seen better things out of this team than I've seen for a long time. I jumped ship after the PSU loss but I'm getting tempted to jump back on board. These kids have been playing their butts off. They'll likely lose tomorrow but we shouldn't minimize these last 3 wins. I still would like to know why Jacobsen left. He said it wasn't Miles so then what was it?

Maybe we already have him but aren't letting him grow in to the job? I dunno but man I've seen better things out of this team than I've seen for a long time. I jumped ship after the PSU loss but I'm getting tempted to jump back on board. These kids have been playing their butts off. They'll likely lose tomorrow but we shouldn't minimize these last 3 wins. I still would like to know why Jacobsen left. He said it wasn't Miles so then what was it?
Tim Miles has had plenty of time, money, resources, and support. Its time to go another direction.

This is all just gravy.
Miles is not the future of NU basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT