ADVERTISEMENT

According to FOX

This morning on Big Noon kickoff… they were reporting the top 4 names for the HC job were Matt Rhule, Gary Patterson, Bill O’Brien, & Jeff Monken? That list sure seems to have changed. Does anyone truly have a list of names that could be the head coach or is everyone just guessing at this point?
Oh my , we will suck forever !

This would be very disappointing hire and makes no sense.. Patterson belongs as a defensive coordinator and I welcome with open arms if he was put in that role at Nebraska, but not as H/C..
Agree. Horrible look to hire a guy who is removed from his head coaching gig and the next year the new guy has them in the national championship conversation

Agree. Horrible look to hire a guy who is removed from his head coaching gig and the next year the new guy has them in the national championship conversation
Only a moron would think Patterson would be a good hire here now in 2023..
Now he would have been the perfect hire when SE fired Pelini but we had AD that didn’t have a clue on who to hire..

This morning on Big Noon kickoff… they were reporting the top 4 names for the HC job were Matt Rhule, Gary Patterson, Bill O’Brien, & Jeff Monken? That list sure seems to have changed. Does anyone truly have a list of names that could be the head coach or is everyone just guessing at this point?
You lost me at Monken.

As you’ve been told repeatedly, there is no sitting P5 coach who would even think of taking the nebraska job.
What sitting power 5 coach would you take over Patterson, Rhule or O’Brien, besides Kiffin.

They are just running with the football scoop article. TOS keeps bringing up Stoops and LL as candidates, so I’m not sure anyone outside of Trev really knows much at this point.
Except the Auburn 247 reporter

Reactions: headcard
I could see Trev bringing in Patterson as a mentor to Mickey, maybe as associate head coach/D-coordinator. He could also have a non-coaching role or even HC for 3-4 years with Mickey as associate HC and head coach in waiting (although that seems out of fashion now). He could help reestablish Texas recruiting and has a ton of experience at the P5 level.
Who does that? Seriously.

Reactions: scarletred
Isn’t Captain Kirk mentoring and grooming sonny boy Brian to take over Ioway.Winking
I wonder if a son has ever succeeded a father as the head coach of a major college football team. I’m sure that’s what Kirk has in mind.

Any conversation in which Mickey isn't included carries zero credibility with me.

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
Saban could be in hot water after his 2nd loss this season. Wonder if he needs a scenery change. He likes being on his boat and Linoma beach might get some upgrades. But trev doesn’t like coaches with hobbies so it may not be a good fit

For sure BOB is in hot water after 2 losses. I like someone who does not have a staff to bring with him. Get a guy who has to find his assistant coaches.

I could see Trev bringing in Patterson as a mentor to Mickey, maybe as associate head coach/D-coordinator. He could also have a non-coaching role or even HC for 3-4 years with Mickey as associate HC and head coach in waiting (although that seems out of fashion now). He could help reestablish Texas recruiting and has a ton of experience at the P5 level.
For us, that would likely go like this:

-Patterson sucks here just like he did for several years at the end of his career.

-By the third year of that suckage, Joseph goes elsewhere

Bring in a candidate that's successfully turned programs around. There are a couple in play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT