ADVERTISEMENT

According to FOX

cdriftt24

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 29, 2012
This morning on Big Noon kickoff… they were reporting the top 4 names for the HC job were Matt Rhule, Gary Patterson, Bill O’Brien, & Jeff Monken? That list sure seems to have changed. Does anyone truly have a list of names that could be the head coach or is everyone just guessing at this point?

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
This morning on Big Noon kickoff… they were reporting the top 4 names for the HC job were Matt Rhule, Gary Patterson, Bill O’Brien, & Jeff Monken? That list sure seems to have changed. Does anyone truly have a list of names that could be the head coach or is everyone just guessing at this point?
As you’ve been told repeatedly, there is no sitting P5 coach who would even think of taking the nebraska job.

it-is-known-yes.gif

Rhule > O’Brien > Monken > Patterson

Saban could be in hot water after his 2nd loss this season. Wonder if he needs a scenery change. He likes being on his boat and Linoma beach might get some upgrades. But trev doesn’t like coaches with hobbies so it may not be a good fit
Sagan might let you interview one of his assistants .. or let whoever does get hired shadow his coaches for a day or two

What does "the top four names" really mean? Did they explain that? Or was this just their opinion.

A cursory review on this board indicates "opinions" are all over the place along with the inside scoop that varies from day to day.

The reality is, Trev is doing a good job of keeping things pretty quiet which is how it should be.

As you’ve been told repeatedly, there is no sitting P5 coach who would even think of taking the nebraska job.
We all know this isn't true. But what is true is that you are an Iowa fan obsessed with Nebraska - it took me less than 2 minutes of perusing your farty posting history to realize this. You're also a broken record of saying the Nebraska job is a career killer, which, when you look at the coaches since Osborne, is hardly true.

It may be a career killer for athletic directors, but that probably wouldn't be true if the previous 4 athletic directors hadn't chosen either unproven head coaches (Pelini, Frost), or proven losing head coaches (Callahan, Riley).

You should be much, much more worried about the rampant nepotism at Iowa, and that Kirk is keeping his fat, loser son as OC. Is that gofundme page still up to remove him? Or the online petition?

I suppose winning one or two game cures all ills, and the fact that Iowa went almost 4 games with its two starting quarterbacks not scoring a single, f*cking touchdown shouldn't bother you. 😂

If the other head coaches in this country think about Nebraska about half as often as you do, we'll be just fine.

We all know this isn't true. But what is true is that you are an Iowa fan obsessed with Nebraska - it took me less than 2 minutes of perusing your farty posting history to realize this. You're also a broken record of saying the Nebraska job is a career killer, which, when you look at the coaches since Osborne, is hardly true.

It may be a career killer for athletic directors, but that probably wouldn't be true if the previous 4 athletic directors hadn't chosen either unproven head coaches (Pelini, Frost), or proven losing head coaches (Callahan, Riley).

You should be much, much more worried about the rampant nepotism at Iowa, and that Kirk is keeping his fat, loser son as OC. Is that gofundme page still up to remove him? Or the online petition?

I suppose winning one or two game cures all ills, and the fact that Iowa went almost 4 games with its two starting quarterbacks not scoring a single, f*cking touchdown shouldn't bother you. 😂

If the other head coaches in this country think about Nebraska about half as often as you do, we'll be just fine.
There must be something in the water in Iowa that lowers IQ.

I could see Trev bringing in Patterson as a mentor to Mickey, maybe as associate head coach/D-coordinator. He could also have a non-coaching role or even HC for 3-4 years with Mickey as associate HC and head coach in waiting (although that seems out of fashion now). He could help reestablish Texas recruiting and has a ton of experience at the P5 level.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I could see Trev bringing in Patterson as a mentor to Mickey, maybe as associate head coach/D-coordinator. He could also have a non-coaching role or even HC for 3-4 years with Mickey as associate HC and head coach in waiting (although that seems out of fashion now). He could help reestablish Texas recruiting and has a ton of experience at the P5 level.
This would be very disappointing hire and makes no sense.. Patterson belongs as a defensive coordinator and I welcome with open arms if he was put in that role at Nebraska, but not as H/C..

I'm good with rhule..heard good things, obrian, I'm not sure about...heard some negitivity from bama fans about him...
but reguardless who it is, I'm ok with it...trev know alot more about what to do then I.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT