ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana prediction thread

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
This game worries me. But other than Westy and Carter we seem to be getting healthier.

I think the team is focused and knows Indiana presents a real challenge. Probably the best team we will have played so far.

Nebraska 27
IU. 24

I watched their game with Ohio State. I'm not that concerned. The only way this game gets scary is if we start turning the ball over and beat ourselves.

Huskers 38
Hoosiers 21

Reactions: HuskerO
This game is arguably scarier than the Wisky game since we all know how good they are and we'll be ready for that one. On the other hand, Indiana is a bit of an unknown entity, they can score alot of points, and if we're not ready to go early this could turn into one of those head scratching losses type of game. Having said that I think the boys are ready to go after the bye week. #GBR

Huskers: 38
Hoosiers: 31

I watched their game with Ohio State. I'm not that concerned. The only way this game gets scary is if we start turning the ball over and beat ourselves.

Huskers 38
Hoosiers 21

This is what I honestly believe it should be...Sadly I don't think it will be that big of a win.

The danger is always in thinking the Indiana's of the world are the same teams as in the past. They are not. Everyone has injuries at this time of year. Indiana will move the ball on us and that will make for a nervous day. Huskers find a way in a nailbiter 31-28.

I think it's going to come down to the Huskers' ability to be productive in the first quarter. Yes, they've been successful by being mostly pedestrian in the first quarter so far this year, but I think you need to stamp down any hope by Indiana early and ideally get up by 10 - 14 points in the first half.

I'm predicting a challenging game, but one in which the Huskers win by 14 by the end.

Nebraska 41
Indiana 27

Last edited:
Indiana is head and shoulders better than every team we have played to date. Never mind that home loss to Wake Forest or the 22 point 4th quarter needed to beat the Panthers of Florida International. Or that their best win is an OT win over a Michigan St team that hasn't looked good all year.

I only hope Nebraska is able to keep it respectable.

With that said. I am sticking with 34-21 Nebraska.

35-24 Huskers. Close all game, late td seals it and makes it look easier than it was.

If I'm not mistaken, the huskers only need this win and a win over Maryland to complete the BIG cycle, meaning at least one win over each BIG team since joining the conference.

I'll go 38-28 Huskers.

I think our secondary has its best game as well as our dline... 3 picks min 3 sacks...those turnovers set our offense up in great position and the Husker pull away late. 31-17

Reactions: SOHusker11
Barely the best team on the schedule thus far. We physically beat the crap out of Oregon. It just stinks they are getting pummeled now. Indiana is a toss up. 31-27 Nebraska.

In the last 10 years they have won 6 or more games two times.

Anyone else think it is just a bit alarming that a large majority of Husker fans are viewing this is a trap game, a possible loss and a really tough game?

Is it really that Indiana has started to get so much better?

I guess I don't see how this is not a 14 point win for the Huskers.

Indiana is head and shoulders better than every team we have played to date. Never mind that home loss to Wake Forest or the 22 point 4th quarter needed to beat the Panthers of Florida International. Or that their best win is an OT win over a Michigan St team that hasn't looked good all year.

I only hope Nebraska is able to keep it respectable.

With that said. I am sticking with 34-21 Nebraska.
Ha. You mock me. I hope you are right. A good case could be made, I think, that Oregon was a much better team when we played them than they are now. And Indiana, as you correctly point out, is no juggernaut by any stretch.
Still, I think the trepidation that some on here feel for this game has to do with injuries and the fact that Indiana does seem to be playing better defense this year.
Perhaps also the fact that they were competitive against OSU does not mean that they are good. It might mean that OSU either had an off game or... ha, maybe they ain't as good as I thought they were.

Ha. You mock me. I hope you are right. A good case could be made, I think, that Oregon was a much better team when we played them than they are now. And Indiana, as you correctly point out, is no juggernaut by any stretch.
Still, I think the trepidation that some on here feel for this game has to do with injuries and the fact that Indiana does seem to be playing better defense this year.
Perhaps also the fact that they were competitive against OSU does not mean that they are good. It might mean that OSU either had an off game or... ha, maybe they ain't as good as I thought they were.

I guess it looked that way but this wasn't directed at you personally.

It's just everyone is waiting for Nebraska to slip up because not many people had them at 5-0. Then add in Indiana playing Ohio St tough for 3 quarters and all of a sudden people forget the loss to Wake, being down at FIU going into the 4th Etc. Now I am told they have a vastly improved defense. I see it as they played teams,outside of Ohio St, with no real run game and marginal QBs.

We will see Saturday, I am just not ready to believe in Indiana yet.

I guess it looked that way but this wasn't directed at you personally.

It's just everyone is waiting for Nebraska to slip up because not many people had them at 5-0. Then add in Indiana playing Ohio St tough for 3 quarters and all of a sudden people forget the loss to Wake, being down at FIU going into the 4th Etc. Now I am told they have a vastly improved defense. I see it as they played teams,outside of Ohio St, with no real run game and marginal QBs.

We will see Saturday, I am just not ready to believe in Indiana yet.
Sorry. Did not mean to jump to conclusions. I thought maybe you were tweaking me since I mentioned when I started this thread that Indiana is the best team we have played so far. Which is, of course, debatable.

Frankly, I am skeptical too of Indiana's supposed improvement. Maybe I am still being conditioned by the past 16 years or so to expect us to stub our toe once or twice against lesser teams that have a pulse. I do think Indiana is improved though and they will be amped for this game.
I think the key is for us to jump out early for a change and put some doubt in their minds and take the crowd out of the game.

42-21 Nebraska.... Coach says they've been practicing well, so I'll believe him.

The potential slip up this season was NW on the road after Oregon IMO and we got by them. Indiana isn't a push over but I like how we are establishing the run and with Tommy healthy we should be able to put this one away in the second half.

38-17

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT