ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana prediction thread

I'm still very worried about this game. I might be less worried had Sparty beat them two weeks ago. On paper Nebraska is the better team, but.........

Well, we don't have to be a top ten team to beat Indiana. Heck, we probably don't need to be a top 25 team to beat Indiana.
So I am curious where you would rate us? 35th?
I wouldn't rate us or anyone else this early in the season. The committee selecting the four playoff participants obviously agrees with that view. As for the next seven games, I think at least three or four of them will be our toughest opponents, including Indiana. Most of us hoped the Oregon game was a barometer of how good we are, but obviously that hasn't panned out.

They stick with us the first 3 quarters and we wear em down in the 4th

Nebraska 31
IU 17

Reactions: HuskerO
I wouldn't rate us or anyone else this early in the season. The committee selecting the four playoff participants obviously agrees with that view. As for the next seven games, I think at least three or four of them will be our toughest opponents, including Indiana. Most of us hoped the Oregon game was a barometer of how good we are, but obviously that hasn't panned out.

Just stop. Oregon is not as bad as their record. But they are a tough opponent. Washington is just Top 5. So, we're Top 10. Outside of depth and injury issues we are superior to Indiana. Does that mean we automatically beat them? Not at all. However, if we stick to the game plan, limit mistakes we take this by the 4th.

That's generally what winning programs do. Notice I said "winning" and not dominant or contenders. That will have to wait for another year. This year's squad, when healthy, can hang respectively with anyone. I'm sure you're just waiting for the eventual loss to say "I told you so!" We also had that almost every year with Osborne until year 20. I'll take competitive and ranked over borderline Top 25 any day. Are you just not sold on Riley yet?

Just stop. Oregon is not as bad as their record. But they are a tough opponent. Washington is just Top 5. So, we're Top 10. Outside of depth and injury issues we are superior to Indiana. Does that mean we automatically beat them? Not at all. However, if we stick to the game plan, limit mistakes we take this by the 4th.

That's generally what winning programs do. Notice I said "winning" and not dominant or contenders. That will have to wait for another year. This year's squad, when healthy, can hang respectively with anyone. I'm sure you're just waiting for the eventual loss to say "I told you so!" We also had that almost every year with Osborne until year 20. I'll take competitive and ranked over borderline Top 25 any day. Are you just not sold on Riley yet?
My belief Indiana will win is a prediction, not a wish, and a lot of it is based on the injuries. And if and when we lose this or any game, I will never say, I told you so. Hopefully, you will do the same if we never lose a game all year.

As for Riley, I have always liked him as a coach, even when he was at OSU -- especially when he beat the school across town, ASU, as he did as a big underdog in 2014. I only wish he would have been twenty years younger when we hired him.

Reactions: bigboxes
My belief Indiana will win is a prediction, not a wish, and a lot of it is based on the injuries. And if and when we lose this or any game, I will never say, I told you so. Hopefully, you will do the same if we never lose a game all year.

As for Riley, I have always liked him as a coach, even when he was at OSU -- especially when he beat the school across town, ASU, as he did as a big underdog in 2014. I only wish he would have been twenty years younger when we hired him.

You've been slow to climb on board this year. Injuries are a problem. We still are better. Can they stick to the gameplan and not panic? I believe they will pull away in the 4th. I appreciate the civil response.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Huskers- 36
Hoosiers- 31

Riley's bunch comes from behind to win again. ( changed my mind ) let's make it.
34-30 NU.

Last edited:
I'm still very worried about this game. I might be less worried had Sparty beat them two weeks ago. On paper Nebraska is the better team, but.........

I think our team is still hungry (and should be). That should serve us well.

Huskers- W
Hoosiers- L

Really, that's all that matters is to get to 6-0 and move up solidly into the Top 10.

I can't believe some on here are predicting us to lose. I don't mind really. It is, after all, a prediction thread, and if you really think we will lose I have zero issue with you saying so. I ain't no interwebs police.

However... I just don't get it. On paper Indiana is not better than Nebraska. We have also recruited better than they have. And Indiana is the perennial door mat team and we are a perennial blue blood. So it is Indiana that has need of proving something in order to earn the benefit of the doubt.

And that is my real point. Given that Indiana is clearly not the better team, why not give NU the benefit of the doubt in your prediction? Can we lose this game? Of course! I think it will be a nail biter. But I predicted a Husker win, not because I am a Husker fan, but because I think Nebraska deserves the benefit of the doubt here and not Indiana.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
This has been my "toss up" game since the season started. Indy is super unpredictable. This will be the best offense we've seen all season. I think our O-Line and run game control the clock.

NU-31
IU-17

IMO, there are three things that I have seen in past games that it appears IU can and will take advantage of if we don't fix it. We must limit the 6 yard outs, cover the swing passes out of the back field better and make sure our DEs are containing on the edge. If we don't do those things, IU is going to move the ball up and down the field. I'd much rather press their receivers at the line and force them to try to beat us deep - even if they happen to connect on one or two of them - and have the DEs first assignment be to force everything to the middle. If we do that, I think we win by 2 to 3 TDs. But, if we allow an 8 yard cushion on the wide receivers and don't cover the swing pass or set the edge, I think it will be a long and tense afternoon.

I can promise you that Nebraska is not going to press the receivers. Indiana struggles in the red zone. They are about 80th in the country on converting on red zone opportunities. By giving up a couple of big plays, you will not take advantage of that weakness. However, that isn't where the game will be won. Nebraska has to not allow Indiana to establish any sort of run game, especially on early downs. Keeping them off schedule is the key.

On offense, Indiana runs a 4-2-5 defense, and they allowed Barnett to run all over them. I would expect them to have made some adjustments to prevent Armstrong from doing the same thing. But as I said in a previous post, the have to choose to stop the QB or the RB. If the lock down the zone runs and allow Armstrong to get to the edge, he will eat them up on RPO. I expect Cotton and Foster to have big days matches up on LB.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I can't believe some on here are predicting us to lose. I don't mind really. It is, after all, a prediction thread, and if you really think we will lose I have zero issue with you saying so. I ain't no interwebs police.

However... I just don't get it. On paper Indiana is not better than Nebraska. We have also recruited better than they have. And Indiana is the perennial door mat team and we are a perennial blue blood. So it is Indiana that has need of proving something in order to earn the benefit of the doubt.

And that is my real point. Given that Indiana is clearly not the better team, why not give NU the benefit of the doubt in your prediction? Can we lose this game? Of course! I think it will be a nail biter. But I predicted a Husker win, not because I am a Husker fan, but because I think Nebraska deserves the benefit of the doubt here and not Indiana.

Agree with you all but Indiana is no longer a doormat, Wison program is in better shape than Rutgers, Purdue,Illinois and I would even say Minnesota too.

Reactions: ulrey
I am going to quote one of my Vegas sites here. In the last 35 seasons any CFB team that's had a 5-0 and is in the road after a bye week are just 22-45 against the spread. So with that said, and the current line at -3 I will take the Huskers for the win and the Hoosier to cover!

Husker 30
Hoosiers 28

If you can't put an actual score down, then you shouldn't be posting in this thread. This is a prediction thread, not a fence straddling contest. Nobody gives a crap about anonymous message board posters

GBR

Reactions: scarletred

Here's my concerns:

2nd road game of the year. In the 1st they played down to the competition and let them hang around.

Injury situation isn't good. There are a lot of key players dinged up. I realize that this is football, but when your mvp running qb has a nagging ankle issue, it's a big deal.

OL/DL - to be a very good (top 10-15) team and win the games you should, you can't have the OL/DL depth quality we have. A team that isn't good along the OL/DL will slip against dangerous (but inferior) teams like Indiana, Purdue, etc. from time to time.

Indiana's passing game. We still don't have a good pass rush and I don't think our secondary is good enough to stop their deep passing game.

I'm leaning toward Indiana winning by the score I predicted, but I can also see nebraska winning. We shall see.

The sharps win big on this one

N 26 Indiana 21

Not sure why so many are predicting Indiana to score over 30? They have only scored that much against FIU who has given up 34 points per game on the season. Do people really think Nebraska's D is worse than all the other teams they have played?

Okay...if NU has a better coaching staff and if NU has better players...why are fans so worried about this?

14 point win, Huskers

Reactions: CFBfan70
NU 35, IU 21. I picked Indiana a couple days ago but after reading this thread I see the error of my ways. Also, I can now say I predicted the outcome however the game turns out.

Lots of Frank Solich Syndrome on full display...well, uh..Bloomington is always a tough place to...uh..play...uh..we hope to play well.

A winner says: We expect to play well regardless of location and we will. We expect to win. 45 - 21

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT