ADVERTISEMENT

In the Ideal World here is what I would DO...

BigBad&Red

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2003
..... First, I would sit down with Coach Riley and tell him he has done a Good Job with lots of turmoil and distractions these past three years. I’d bring out next years schedule and explain that no matter who is running the ship next year we are going to be lucky to win more than we lose! Then tell him we brought him in to change the direction of NU football and this is How WE Get That Done........

The Plan going forward is simple ....Riley remains Head Coach and We bring in Scott as the Asst Head Coach/OC. This will help in the eventual transition and Not Allow NU to look like a Revolving Door Job!!!

With this kind of move this should allow us the opportunity to Hire Some QUALITY Assistants that we wouldn’t be able to Otherwise because they would be afraid any job at NU under Riley could be a One and Done Job!

Next we hire a New OL coach and Maybe 2 OL Coaches— with one that handles TE’s! On defense, Diaco is gone and Brey goes with him.... we need somebody who can teach tackling and these two coach the LB’ers and they Don’t Tackle worth a Damn! Here’s the rub... Scott picks the Defensive Coordinator and he picks his LBer Coach!

Special Teams Coordinator/ Safties Coach is gone and Scott’s picks the replacement with DC input for a Safties Coach!

These changes give Scott a chance to get the whole program moving without his clock ticking in the eyes of the fans! The fans, IMHO, need to become better examples of what we used to be— The BEST FANS in COLLEGE FOOTBALL—But I Digress!!

Each year, a meeting of Riley, Scott and Moos determines when Riley retires! It is obviously not a great move for Riley but it does allow him to Help NU to get OUR program back to where We All Want It to be!

Personally, I believe Riley is the only Person/Coach that could make this Transition work! He is that Professional of a Coach and he is that Genuine about wanting to see NU heading in the right direction! He is also the only coach other than Osborne that I’ve seen who doesn’t lead with His Ego! Got to like that for sure!

That’s not all I’d do if I were KING but I think that would be a nice start for US! GBR

Oh boy.
smhp.gif

SF or any head coach worth bringing in isn't going to agree to an ASST HC/OC job "to help with a transition". Just think in terms of the business world. You have 3 years left in your contract but the company decides to bring in some young guy and wants him to work closely with you "during the transition" of getting rid of you. Yeah that ALWAYS works. Laughing

Just stop with that thinking.

..... First, I would sit down with Coach Riley and tell him he has done a Good Job with lots of turmoil and distractions these past three years. I’d bring out next years schedule and explain that no matter who is running the ship next year we are going to be lucky to win more than we lose! Then tell him we brought him in to change the direction of NU football and this is How WE Get That Done........

The Plan going forward is simple ....Riley remains Head Coach and We bring in Scott as the Asst Head Coach/OC. This will help in the eventual transition and Not Allow NU to look like a Revolving Door Job!!!

With this kind of move this should allow us the opportunity to Hire Some QUALITY Assistants that we wouldn’t be able to Otherwise because they would be afraid any job at NU under Riley could be a One and Done Job!

Next we hire a New OL coach and Maybe 2 OL Coaches— with one that handles TE’s! On defense, Diaco is gone and Brey goes with him.... we need somebody who can teach tackling and these two coach the LB’ers and they Don’t Tackle worth a Damn! Here’s the rub... Scott picks the Defensive Coordinator and he picks his LBer Coach!

Special Teams Coordinator/ Safties Coach is gone and Scott’s picks the replacement with DC input for a Safties Coach!

These changes give Scott a chance to get the whole program moving without his clock ticking in the eyes of the fans! The fans, IMHO, need to become better examples of what we used to be— The BEST FANS in COLLEGE FOOTBALL—But I Digress!!

Each year, a meeting of Riley, Scott and Moos determines when Riley retires! It is obviously not a great move for Riley but it does allow him to Help NU to get OUR program back to where We All Want It to be!

Personally, I believe Riley is the only Person/Coach that could make this Transition work! He is that Professional of a Coach and he is that Genuine about wanting to see NU heading in the right direction! He is also the only coach other than Osborne that I’ve seen who doesn’t lead with His Ego! Got to like that for sure!

That’s not all I’d do if I were KING but I think that would be a nice start for US! GBR
^^^^Russian hacker(s).^^^^

Great idea. Maybe you ought to email this to Moos...cc to Tom Osborne too. If everyone who loved the Huskers would lay ego aside and just work to find a solution we could return to greatness.

Reactions: BigBad&Red
Why do people think head coaches would take on assistant roles as an up and coming coach?

We need to get out of la la land..

Well In your defense.......you did say in an Ideal world. Of course in the ideal world I would have won the 193 million dollar Jackpot Wednesday night too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT