ADVERTISEMENT

If you had $100 to put down on who the new HC will be..

I know context isn't your thing, but feel free to click the 2nd tab on that very helpful link

I get that you're butthurt (literally and metaphorically). is that why you refuse to answer my legitimate questions?
> “context”
> insists his expected score in a “prediction thread” isn’t actually a prediction

cope harder

> “context”
> insists his expected score in a “prediction thread” isn’t actually a prediction

cope harder
I give up, professor

you are too much of a bitch to ever answer my questions

should've known after you were too much of a bitch to book my $200 NU moneyline bet prior to the game in question (your idea to begin with!)

I wonder how much else you've lost out on due purely to being a bitch?

Reactions: Walleye79
bottom line is this:

if liepold or kleiman come to NU and win big, they will be the first of their ilk to do so at any P5 school in the history of modern college football

there is zero precedent for it on both accounts, unlike our current interim coach

many will choose to willfully ignore this most basic of facts

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I give up, professor

you are too much of a bitch to ever answer my questions

should've known after you were too much of a bitch to book my $200 NU moneyline bet prior to the game in question (your idea to begin with!)

I wonder how much else you've lost out on due purely to being a bitch?
^^ continuously edits his post cuz he lacks conviction, gets talked over in social circles often

when’s the last time a head coach from an HBCU that never won anything of note went on to be a successful P5 head coach?

^^ continuously edits his post cuz he lacks conviction, gets talked over in social circles often

when’s the last time a head coach from an HBCU that never won anything of note went on to be a successful P5 head coach?
never has a head coach from an HBCU went on to be a successful P5 head coach. exactly the same history of success as milquetoast liepold/kleiman

one time has a well regarded WR coach and ace recruiter gone on to become interim and then successful P5 head coach (the Mickey Joseph route)

see how easy that is, bitch?

never has a head coach from an HBCU went on to be a successful P5 head coach. exactly the same history of success as milquetoast liepold/kleiman

one time has a well regarded WR coach and ace recruiter gone on to become interim and then successful P5 head coach (the Mickey Joseph route)

see how easy that is, bitch?
> cherry picks tenures and still makes a bad argument

many such cases

just so we’re clear, Leipold came from the MAC, just like Saban and Meyer

> cherry picks tenures and still makes a bad argument

many such cases

just so we’re clear, Leipold came from the MAC, just like Saban and Meyer
nice edit lol. such conviction!

meyer is an acceptable answer - he had an unbroken string of head coaching gigs from MAC to national champ

if you think this old guy is our urban meyer, fair play

I think it's much less of a stretch to think Mickey could pull a dabo (attract top talent, pay people to coach/develop it)

Last edited:
Reactions: NikkiSixx
bottom line is this:

if liepold or kleiman come to NU and win big, they will be the first of their ilk to do so at any P5 school in the history of modern college football

there is zero precedent for it on both accounts, unlike our current interim coach

many will choose to willfully ignore this most basic of facts
Nick saban? Mich state generic “milquetoast” coach who plodded around and got massacred vs good teams? Ended up at LSU winning natties since?

He doesnt count tho, right?

Reactions: thall_
Nick saban? Mich state generic “milquetoast” coach who plodded around and got massacred vs good teams? Ended up at LSU winning natties since?

He doesnt count tho, right?
Although he had a 5 year period between MAC head coach and P5 head coach, I will allow it

more likely:
Old guy at Kansas is the next urban meyer/Nick saban?

-or-

Mickey Joseph is the next Dabo?

Although he had a 5 year period between MAC head coach and P5 head coach, I will allow it

more likely:

-or-

I dont know, just pointing out a problem with your argument.

I’d take any of those three over bob or rhule, i know that.

Reactions: king_kong_
957247.jpg
There's actually people who want this guy. Not Bama fans! Or me.

number of D3 national champions who've gone on to sustained success in P5 - ZERO

number of D2 national champions who've gone on to sustained success in P5 - ZERO

number of P5 coaches with <65% conference winning percentage who've gone on to sustained success at another P5 school - ZERO (although Mel Tucker has done very well)

number of WR coaches turned interim coaches turned head coaches who've gone on to sustained success in P5 - ONE!
Another internet tough guy, who should it be then? c'mon, go on the record.

Most teams fans are as clueless as ours

Reactions: drubendall
Rhule or BoB
If there was any football intelligence left in Lincoln, it would be Freeze.

No sitting P5 coach that nebby would want will even sniff that job this go around. Delusion and pitchforks rule in Lincoln now, not football wins.

Rhule or BoB
If there was any football intelligence left in Lincoln, it would be Freeze.

No sitting P5 coach that nebby would want will even sniff that job this go around. Delusion and pitchforks rule in Lincoln now, not football wins.
Go back to your husband he’s calling for you.

• Love
Reactions: fivewords
Another internet tough guy, who should it be then? c'mon, go on the record.
I have, many times

I don’t think anybody in the big 12 brings the upside we already have on the sideline for very obvious reasons

would be happy with Fickell, fine with Bill O’Brien, but don’t think Fickell is a real option

rooting hardest for Mickey

I would put the $ on Leipold. Does not mean he would be my first choice but maybe the most realistic. To the poster who put the picture of Fickell up, I would donate my $ to his moving to Lincoln fund if that were possible instead.

Reactions: BleedRed78

Many Nebraska fans are doing that in Memorial Stadium as the game winds on. Sick;)

Reactions: LegendaryFrechFry

more likely:

-or-

I would say neither is likely. Without a time machine im not sure how anyone could answer this. You seem to be a huge supporter of MJ over anyone thats been named. I don't get it man. What has he ever done in his career that gives you the confidence that he could come in and handle this fishbowl of a program? Right now their is very little pressure because nobody expects him to win. Right now hes a caretaker. What happens if he ends up being the guy? Maybe you know something I dont. Im curious.

I would say neither is likely. Without a time machine im not sure how anyone could answer this. You seem to be a huge supporter of MJ over anyone thats been named. I don't get it man. What has he ever done in his career that gives you the confidence that he could come in and handle this fishbowl of a program? Right now their is very little pressure because nobody expects him to win. Right now hes a caretaker. What happens if he ends up being the guy? Maybe you know something I dont. Im curious.
nobody expects him to win?

the two things most cited as to why he shouldn't be hired are his lack of experience and his W/L record this season. people absolutely expect him to win.

I also think he's handled himself as well or better than any recent coach has done of handling the fishbowl (good term for the NU job). high school coaches in Omaha who haven't been visited or contacted in earnest in a decade are giddy about Mickey's constant presence. the kids clearly respond to him. he's genuine, he's honest and he's humble.

and then there's the ceiling. I believe Mickey will fill our roster with more talent than any other coach in question, and despite the last 1.5 games, I do believe he's got a good head for football, which means he could absolutely attract the kind of top tier coordinators we need. I will add that I've never heard or seen a bad word about him from anyone he's ever coached or coached alongside, and he knows everybody who matters in the industry. doesn't hurt that his brother has a similar rep in the NFL.

it really comes down to a gut feeling for me. I truly believe there is no place, and thus no HC job, like NU - good, bad and otherwise. Mickey gave his blood, sweat and tears to Nebraska. literally gave his body and playing career to Nebraska. he's said that he always had a feeling he would come back and finish on the sideline what he was unable to under center. he very clearly understands the culture Nebraskans pride themselves in rooting for every weekend. Mickey is someone who's put others - especially young men - ahead of himself for his entire adult life.

that stuff matters. a lot.

Reactions: beaglehusker

the two things most cited as to why he shouldn't be hired are his lack of experience and his W/L record this season. people absolutely expect him to win.

I also think he's handled himself as well or better than any recent coach has done of handling the fishbowl (good term for the NU job). high school coaches in Omaha who haven't been visited or contacted in earnest in a decade are giddy about Mickey's constant presence. the kids clearly respond to him. he's genuine, he's honest and he's humble.

and then there's the ceiling. I believe Mickey will fill our roster with more talent than any other coach in question, and despite the last 1.5 games, I do believe he's got a good head for football, which means he could absolutely attract the kind of top tier coordinators we need. I will add that I've never heard or seen a bad word about him from anyone he's ever coached or coached alongside, and he knows everybody who matters in the industry. doesn't hurt that his brother has a similar rep in the NFL.

it really comes down to a gut feeling for me. I truly believe there is no place, and thus no HC job, like NU - good, bad and otherwise. Mickey gave his blood, sweat and tears to Nebraska. literally gave his body and playing career to Nebraska. he's said that he always had a feeling he would come back and finish on the sideline what he was unable to under center. he very clearly understands the culture Nebraskans pride themselves in rooting for every weekend. Mickey is someone who's put others - especially young men - ahead of himself for his entire adult life.

I’m beginning to believe that Mickey will be the HC, and if he is, I hope he has some good new assistants in mind that will help him get on the winning track. We shall see.

I’m beginning to believe that Mickey will be the HC, and if he is, I hope he has some good new assistants in mind that will help him get on the winning track. We shall see.
Curious, what's caused you think Mickey is more probable now than before? Is it because things have been so quiet?

I myself think exactly the opposite. Mickey IMO is less probable now than he was on the day Frost was fired. He had to beat somebody ranked higher than Nebraska IMO to earn the position and/or at least show remarkable/steady team improvement.

Last edited:

What I should have said is I didn't expect him to win. But I felt that in order to get a real shot at the permanent job he would have to go 6-6 at least. I figured if he could prove he could win in situations where he was expected to lose then the lack of HC experience could be over looked. I do agree about his passion which is why I want him on staff. My main worry with him is can he get the best of all those dc and oc that hes been around to join his staff. To me everything after his passion and understanding of Nebraska is up in the air. If hes the guy I will support him. And then Ill hope until I see improvement.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT