ADVERTISEMENT

If you had $100 to put down on who the new HC will be..

Dave Aranda caused the most smoke earlier in the season. I am sticking with him as my pick.
I don't see any reason for him to move. He's in a pretty good situation and he's making good money. He's close to a lot of good players.

Surprised to see Stoops mentions starting up again. Don’t think he’d leave Kentucky for another huge rebuild when he’s already got them rolling.

For my $100 (as of today): I think it’s LL, and I’d be happy with that.

If it’s Rhule or BoB, why wouldn’t Trev announce now? He probably sees the impact this miserable season is having on the fan base, so why continue to drag it out? That makes me think it’s a sitting coach, and if so, LL is arguably the most realistic candidate of anyone mentioned.

Then again, it could be a complete dark horse. That wouldn’t shock me, either.
Kansas should promote the offensive coordinator. This way they can keep wages low for the football staff which do you like to do, and maintain some stability in their program

Kansas should promote the offensive coordinator. This way they can keep wages low for the football staff which do you like to do, and maintain some stability in their program

If LL comes here, KU should insist the OC comes with him.

Surprised to see Stoops mentions starting up again. Don’t think he’d leave Kentucky for another huge rebuild when he’s already got them rolling.

If it’s Rhule or BoB, why wouldn’t Trev announce now? He probably sees the impact this miserable season is having on the fan base, so why continue to drag it out? That makes me think it’s a sitting coach, and if so, LL is arguably the most realistic candidate of anyone mentioned.

If it's Rhule, BOB, Urban, Peterson or the like, Trev might be waiting for us to officially be bowl ineligible to make the announcement and ensure minimal controversy. So could be early next week.

Who would you lay it on? No explanation needed, what does your gut tell you as we inch nearer to announcement day?

Any one’s guess right now, but 1/3 will be 😀, 1/3 will be 😡, 1/3 will be 😯.
I think it will be a bland pick who can’t recruit but was a good head coach in the past and seems safe.

If it's Rhule, BOB, Urban, Peterson or the like, Trev might be waiting for us to officially be bowl ineligible to make the announcement and ensure minimal controversy. So could be early next week.
Interesting view. If we don’t hear anything shortly after we’ve been knocked out of bowl contention, I would have to think that someone who’s currently coaching another team was selected and the announcement will come after season’s end.

My $100 would be on Craig Bohl.

For those who say Leipold or Klieman would be home run hires, why is the Nebraska job they only one they are mentioned as candidates. Home run hires are guys that would be considered for any and all of the top jobs. Klieman and Leipold aren't listed as candidates for Auburn, Leipold was mentioned early on at Wisconsin but not much anymore.

OIP.dqV22t4ijK_3tHDWDPgXegHaEc

957247.jpg

For those who say Leipold or Klieman would be home run hires, why is the Nebraska job they only one they are mentioned as candidates. Home run hires are guys that would be considered for any and all of the top jobs. Klieman and Leipold aren't listed as candidates for Auburn, Leipold was mentioned early on at Wisconsin but not much anymore.
because Auburn thinks they should be Alabama, and they will continue to cycle through coaches until they accept they're doomed to be the little brother of the state.

per their fans, their home run hires are guys like Deion, Kiffin, and Freeze. I'd put Freeze in the category of home run for Nebraska as well, but I don't see that happening unfortunately.

If Kiffin were to come to Nebraska and turn around this shitshow, he'd bolt for Alabama the day Saban retired. Deion is a totally unknown commodity that could be phenomenal, but could also be Turner Gill 2.0. And given how important he's stated that helping the black community is to him, I don't envision him coming to a state that is 90% white. Auburn is perfectly content to take that risk, fire him in two years, and roll the dice again.

I think most Nebraska fans would agree that we'd just like to see success similar to that of Michigan/Wisconsin/Penn State; win most of your games, beat a couple ranked teams, always be in the conversation for the B1G CCG, maybe even a dark horse CFB playoff contender every 5 years. Leipold and Klieman seem capable of that, and realistic as a long-term fit.

Auburn fired the only active coach with 3 wins over Nick Saban, so its silly to compare their expectations to ours when we have a much more reasonable understanding of the CFB landscape.

Mickey Joseph or someone we haven't heard of. It's been too quiet, which leads me to believe TA already has his guy. Feels very much like Mike Riley.

If it really was Matt Rhule it'd be all over the internet from multiple sources. And not just a couple "insiders" on the internet. But who knows, maybe it really is him.
Nebraska should pay all the fans at least a 1000 dollars if they hire a mediocre WR coach as head coach.

Reactions: bshirt73
I thought Frost was a home run hire. I was dead wrong. I won’t be using that moniker anymore and although I like LL, he could easily be a miserable failure. Any of them could. This will be a massive challenge which is why handing someone a giant contract, makes me a bit skeptical. People seem to work harder when they have to earn their keep rather than being handed something

Not saying your wrong but the chances of Kentucky winning the SEC and or going to the playoffs are pretty slim in that conference

I thought Frost was a home run hire. I was dead wrong. I won’t be using that moniker anymore and although I like LL, he could easily be a miserable failure. Any of them could. This will be a massive challenge which is why handing someone a giant contract, makes me a bit skeptical. People seem to work harder when they have to earn their keep rather than being handed something
I think whoever it is will flip this roster in a year or so and run off a bunch of players who have failed to produce while they are here.

These two are so goddamn boring

each have hit their ceilings

imagine thinking either is dynamic enough to lead us to the playoffs? Two old guys who can say what it was like to win in D3/D2 a decade ago.

All the best kids will be begging to play for a wisc whitewater legend! Or an ndsu coattail riding legend!

would have to have suffered serious repeated head trauma to even consider that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT