ADVERTISEMENT

If you had $100 to put down on who the new HC will be..

ok but in the facebook group i am part of someone put up a pole, 50% say they want mickey as the coach and another 4% said maybe not sure yet. so most husker fans are in agreement with me else its 50/50

2-4

now take my nuts out of your mouth so I can refill your wife's water dish
compared to WR coaches turned Head Coaches, how many former D3 national championship coaches have gone on to enjoy sustained success in P5?

are we not talking about projecting success anymore? do you think this is an unimportant question with regards to experience?

can you point to a single example of what you're framing as a sure thing?

compared to WR coaches turned Head Coaches, how many former D3 national championship coaches have gone on to enjoy sustained success in D1?

are we not talking about projecting success anymore? do you think this is an unimportant question with regards to experience?

can you point to a single example of what you're framing as a sure thing?
I don't know why you insist on giving out homework assignments 😅.

Any thoughts on why Div 1 national championship winning coach Les Miles was awful at Kansas, but division 3 championship coach Lance Leipold has turned them around?

Lets go with Lance is winning with Les's recruits schtick. Probably gave up on old Les too soon. He was about to set the world on fire.

Reactions: thall_

Any thoughts on why Div 1 national championship winning coach Les Miles was awful at Kansas, but division 3 championship coach Lance Leipold has turned them around?

Lets go with Lance is winning with Les's recruits schtick. Probably gave up on old Les too soon. He was about to set the world on fire.
leipold is 8-13 coaching KU

his best win is either against 5-7 texas or okla st's 3rd/4th string quarterback

"turned them around" LMAO

can you not get distracted by the shiny object just one time?

and I insist on giving @thall_ homework so he can either show how wrong he is (by providing the answer) or how cowardly he is (by ignoring it). his choice!

leipold is 8-13 coaching KU

his best win is either against 5-7 texas or okla st's 3rd/4th string quarterback

"turned them around" LMAO

can you not get distracted by the shiny object just one time?

and I insist on giving @thall_ homework so he can either show how wrong he is (by providing the answer) or how cowardly he is (by ignoring it). his choice!
Yeah, you guys can fight that out. I'll stay out of it.

But if you are intellectually honest, you'll agree that he has turned them around. Since 2010 they haven't won more than three games in a season with several of those seasons being one win or zero wins. He had them ranked a few weeks ago.

I wouldn't say they are entirely turned around, but he is working miracles down there and all they are doing is improving. It's not hard to find college football experts such as Joel Klatt who would agree with that. Or do we disregard his opinion because he is a former Colorado Buffalo?

Reactions: WHCSC

But if you are intellectually honest, you'll agree that he has turned them around. Since 2010 they haven't won more than three games in a season with several of those seasons being one win or zero wins. He had them ranked a few weeks ago.

I wouldn't say they are entirely turned around, but he is working miracles down there and all they are doing is improving. It's not hard to find college football experts such as Joel Klatt who would agree with that. Or do we disregard his opinion because he is a former Colorado Buffalo?
I am intellectually honest and am saying the first 5 games of the season for KU were a flash in the pan, and basing any kind of projection to success at Nebraska (or even his ability to do the job) off it is a fool's errand

they'll finish the year 6-6 (miraculous!) and be back to 3 or 4 wins next year

• Haha
Reactions: vighawk
I am intellectually honest and am saying the first 5 games of the season for KU were a flash in the pan, and basing any kind of projection to success at Nebraska (or even his ability to do the job) off it is a fool's errand

they'll finish the year 6-6 (miraculous!) and be back to 3 or 4 wins next year
Looking forward to revisiting this thread in the weeks ahead. A few weeks ago everyone couldn't find a pathway for them to get to a winning record, and here we are.

Reactions: king_kong_
Looking forward to revisiting this thread in the weeks ahead. A few weeks ago everyone couldn't find a pathway for them to get to a winning record, and here we are.
@ TTech
vs UT
@ Kst

which one does he win to ensure a winning record?

I say 0-3

more likely they beat a crap B1G team in some early December bowl game Laughing

Tuco's updated requirements:

1) never win the conference
2) lose most of your bowl games
3) lose to most ranked teams

may as well just bring Pelini back for you
Baylor's challenges to a Big 12 title in 12-2 Oklahoma
Ole Miss challenges to an SEC title National runner up Alabama and national champ Georgia.

Whoever it is they will be coming to a team with one of the most loyal and rabid fan bases in America, in a stable and very prosperous conference, and with brand new facilities that will be among the best in the nation. The only disadvantage to Nebraska is its geography and demographics in relation to recruiting. Therefore, you hire a coach who can bring in a staff who knows how to coach (obviously) but who first and foremost can recruit their asses off nationally. The recipe is simple. Lock down the five or so D1 level players in Nebraska every year, grab 10 high level players from within the 500 mile radius thing everyone talks about, and then grab about another 10 high level guys from across America. It is not rocket science and there are coaches who can do that. So hire THAT coach.

I like his chances against Texas and Texas Tech. If Martinez plays for KState, that's a w as well.
4 point underdogs in Lubbock this weekend (texas tech is 4-5). last road win was mid-sept

agree about Kst but surely klieman is not stupid enough to start AM ever again?

Baylor's challenges to a Big 12 title in 12-2 Oklahoma
Ole Miss challenges to an SEC title National runner up Alabama and national champ Georgia.
Just so we’re clear, Baylor wins the Big 12 with 2 of their last 3 coaches. Can you guess who didn’t win it?

your enthusiasm for Rhule should be directed at Aranda, which we would then agree on

Whoever it is they will be coming to a team with one of the most loyal and rabid fan bases in America, in a stable and very prosperous conference, and with brand new facilities that will be among the best in the nation. The only disadvantage to Nebraska is its geography and demographics in relation to recruiting. Therefore, you hire a coach who can bring in a staff who knows how to coach (obviously) but who first and foremost can recruit their asses off nationally. The recipe is simple. Lock down the five or so D1 level players in Nebraska every year, grab 10 high level players from within the 500 mile radius thing everyone talks about, and then grab about another 10 high level guys from across America. It is not rocket science and there are coaches who can do that. So hire THAT coach.
we already did!

Just so we’re clear, Baylor wins the Big 12 with 2 of their last 3 coaches. Can you guess who didn’t win it?

your enthusiasm for Rhule should be directed at Aranda, which we would then agree on
I have another one for you:

name a coach with a sub-.600 career P5 conference winning percentage who went on to lead his team to the playoffs at a different P5 school

I have to imagine this is at least as commonplace as a D3 coach making the leap to the P5 and sustaining success

Reactions: Sinomatic
pissy cuz I made him look stupid 3 weeks in a row regarding predictions. now he follows me around cuz I live rent-free in his head. he'll likely respond to this post as well.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
pissy cuz I made him look stupid 3 weeks in a row regarding predictions. now he follows me around cuz I live rent-free in his head. he'll likely respond to this post as well.
@thall_ 's predictions last 3 weeks:

vs purdue - blowout - huskers cover
vs ill - blowout - he was right
vs minn - blowout - huskers cover

yep, I look so stupid! what an alpha this guy is

why won't you answer my questions, bitch?

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca

not to mention, he has remained competitive in each game despite losing his starting QB.

I wasn't on the Leipold train early this year like many already were, but 6-3 at Kansas is more impressive than undefeated at Texas.

@thall_ 's predictions last 3 weeks:

vs purdue - blowout - huskers cover
vs ill - blowout - he was right
vs minn - blowout - huskers cover
haha

Purdue, where I guessed the point differential exactly and Nebraska lost like I Predicted.
Purdue jumps out to an early 2 TD lead. Defense tightens up in the 2nd half, but it proves to be too much to overcome

27-21 bad guys
Illinois, where they beat us by more than I predicted, but I was still right that we'd lose.
anyways, I predict it to be a 31-17 type game.
Minnesota, where I correctly predicted we would lose, but thankfully weren't embarrassed like I was worried could happen
we probably lose by 3+ scores if CT doesn't play.
here's @king_kong_ being wrong on Purdue:
Huskers win an ugly one

AOC and older frost (brohm) blow it in some spectacular fashion
here's @king_kong_ being wrong on Illinois:
illini and their zero quarterbacks get to sit on their AP poll ranking and media smoke for the next two weeks while the fightin' Mickeys sharpen their teeth

I fully expect NU to win this game

naturally, he was too embarrassed to put his prediction for Minnesota out there cuz he knows I keep receipts. that makes me 3-0, while he's 0-2 trying to hand out homework.

raise your hand next time you want to speak the professor, bitch

number of D3 national champions who've gone on to sustained success in P5 - ZERO

number of D2 national champions who've gone on to sustained success in P5 - ZERO

number of P5 coaches with <65% conference winning percentage who've gone on to sustained success at another P5 school - ZERO (although Mel Tucker has done very well)

number of WR coaches turned interim coaches turned head coaches who've gone on to sustained success in P5 - ONE!

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
haha

Purdue, where I guessed the point differential exactly and Nebraska lost like I Predicted.

Illinois, where they beat us by more than I predicted, but I was still right that we'd lose.

Minnesota, where I correctly predicted we would lose, but thankfully weren't embarrassed like I was worried could happen

here's @king_kong_ being wrong on Purdue:

here's @king_kong_ being wrong on Illinois:

naturally, he was too embarrassed to put his prediction for Minnesota out there cuz he knows I keep receipts. that makes me 3-0, while he's 0-2 trying to hand out homework.

raise your hand next time you want to speak the professor, bitch
weird

I don't see a prediction for ILL, either. simply an expectation.

really grasping at straws here. talk about rent-free.

sad

Dear retard,

I know context isn't your thing, but feel free to click the 2nd tab on that very helpful link

I get that you're butthurt (literally and metaphorically). is that why you refuse to answer my legitimate questions?

Reactions: Walleye79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT