ADVERTISEMENT

If Frost wasn’t an NU alum...

Not at all. I would be okay with letting him go regardless if he was forced to make staff changes. He has shown a consistent ability to make stupid calls.

Reactions: SC_'sker
While I was for the hiring of Frost, I said that great players usually don't make great coaches. Frost will probably have three more years, and hopefully he figures things out by the end of 5. If not, he's gone.

would anyone have a problem with firing him if he refuses massive assistant coaching changes? Of course not.
I'm all for continuity and stability. However, nobody can say there has been any improvement within the program as a whole. I said it after the S Alabama game and I'll say it again. Something just seems off this year. At some point, the "excuse" of being undermanned or culture taking hold, needs to go out the window. The same mistakes and lethargy have plagued this team since week 1.

The "conventional wisdom" is that teams assume the personality of their Head Coach. This now makes sense to me. HCSF has been throwing players under the bus and not accepting accountability. Their play reflects this lack of leadership. This staff has been setting them up to fail all year. Seeing Wandale on the sidelines on the last drive (your best playmaker) and looking so grab-asstic and disorganized; while the Shitander defense let a 3rd string walk-on QB beat you in crunch time, without their best playmaker...

I don’t usually post on other fans message board, and personally enjoy watching the Huskers lose, that’s my disclaimer.

But damn, you all have to quit firing coaches if you want to get back to winning football. A new coach every 3-4 years is not a recipe for success. Alumni or not.

Moos won't fire Frost. He was hired to hire Frost, and he did his job. He'll likely retire before next season.

stupid. it's year 2. this was a complete rebuild. Mike Riley went 4-8 his last year...frost took that over. Next year will be better. The following year will be better.

I will say that our recruiting class this year is huge. close out strong.

Reactions: WHCSC and bas2333
24-Hour-Tees.Mockup_Front-Frost-Warning-Preview2.png

The warning signs were there all along , they were just interpreted wrong by Nebraska fans

I'll bet even the "In frost we trust" people are somewhat concerned at this point.

I’m one of them. We seem to be out-coached and out-played by almost everyone. The defense is horrific. I just can’t believe opposing teams always have wide open guys. It’s crazy to watch. If they really care about Nebraska, they should consider resigning.

Take a look at the next three years schedules. Figuring it out may not get six wins.
Doubt Nebraska wants to let him go before 5 seasons, no matter how it looks, that's a lot of buy out money and then trying to find another coach who may or may not get it done. Tough situation indeed.

I was furious AM was left in the game after showing he wasn’t ready early in the game.

Then how sad that I was calling for us to let Purdue score with 3 min left at the end just so we could get the ball back with time.

If Frost didn’t play scared on the 1 yd line settling for a FG we could’ve at least made it to OT.

Anyhoot- we can’t be blinded by his alum status. His performance has to be judged objectively. Program > Person.

I'll bite. Never was a super big fan as Frost for coach, but as fans, I think we have unrealistic expectations. When those expectations aren't met, we melt down. Is the state of the program the fans fault, absolutely not, but other than turnout we're not so good when the team isn't winning big.

Should we demand firings... doesn't matter to me.

Reactions: buudhawk
Moos won't fire Frost. He was hired to hire Frost, and he did his job. He'll likely retire before next season.
Moos has breathed a ton of life into mbb and the olympic sports. He's not in any trouble. He can say he never wanted Scott when he fires him. The fans did.

Reactions: American Horse
stupid. it's year 2. this was a complete rebuild. Mike Riley went 4-8 his last year...frost took that over. Next year will be better. The following year will be better.

I will say that our recruiting class this year is huge. close out strong.
Have you seen next year's schedule? I never understood those that said next year was the breakout year. Not with that schedule. There's going to have to be some massive improvements to even make a bowl game next year.

EXACTLY! When Frost was hired, the entire state (myself included) was saying we had to get Frost. If Moos would have hired anyone else (except maybe Saban), he would have been tarred and feathered. Not sure what this shows, other than maybe just how hard it is to find an elite HC for an elite program.

This team sucks but it’s way too early to start this kind of crap again. The most popular person in Nebraska is not the backup QB it’s the next head coach

EXACTLY! When Frost was hired, the entire state (myself included) was saying we had to get Frost. If Moos would have hired anyone else (except maybe Saban), he would have been tarred and feathered. Not sure what this shows, other than maybe just how hard it is to find an elite HC for an elite program.
Yep. Pretty hard to blame Moos. He made the hire everybody said he had to make. If Frost is a failure, he fooled everybody.

Have you seen next year's schedule? I never understood those that said next year was the breakout year. Not with that schedule. There's going to have to be some massive improvements to even make a bowl game next year.
We will be better than we are this year. Book it. Not saying we will win 10 games. But improvement will happen.

Reactions: Capital1Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT