ADVERTISEMENT

US Rep. Mike Flood for NU President?

LBremser

Junior
Feb 17, 2008
The OWH is reporting that some of the Regents contacted Mike Flood and asked him to apply for the open position of President of the University of Nebraska system - and when questioned he did not denied that. The search must not be going well if they have to actively solicit applications from people with no experience in leading an academic institution.

The OWH is reporting that some of the Regents contacted Mike Flood and asked him to apply for the open position of President of the University of Nebraska system - and when questioned he did not denied that. The search must not be going well if they have to actively solicit applications from people with no experience in leading an academic institution.
I took it that he wasn't interested. Didn't deny contacted but said his focus was on what he was doing in a nutshell.

Just some left leaning regents trying to change the balance of power in the House.

They have 2 good candidates, they are split 4and 4. Someone just needs to take one for the betterment of the University and change their vote.

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
The Nebraska Examiner has a good article about it. Former board chair, current search committee chair, and long-time regent Tim Clare has also been rumored to be interested in the job. Interesting.

How about someone other than a politician. We've seen how well Sasse was received by the students at Florida. Obviously, that was a political end run made by DeSantis for his reasons, but students and their families are those that pay tuition. People are tired of political schills taking up spots as bastions for higher learning. And before the hardcore conservatives scream foul, remember that former Governor Bob Kerrey was also president of a school, and that was dumb as well. How about educators in those positions who maintain political neutrality on the job.
As you can probably tell, I am a teacher. So tired of politics being something that I have to deal with. My job is to be politically aware, but neutral in my duties as a teacher. Last year, I had a parent tell me how upset they would be when we taught CRT. I told the guy straight up, "I teach third grade, sir. My job is to make sure these kids pick their nose without eating it. We won't be teaching CRT."

Last edited:
Yeah, because that seat would totally flip to the Democrats. Good Lord.

You know there's roughly a 0.0000% chance of that happening, right?
IF Flood left now it would take some time to replace him. It was a joke though.

How about someone other than a politician. We've seen how well Sasse was received by the students at Florida. Obviously, that was a political end run made by DeSantis for his reasons, but students and their families are those that pay tuition. People are tired of political schills taking up spots as bastions for higher learning. And before the hardcore conservatives scream foul, remember that former Governor Bob Kerrey was also president of a school, and that was dumb as well. How about educators in those positions who maintain political neutrality on the job.
As you can probably tell, I am a teacher. So tired of politics being something that I have to deal with. My job is to be politically aware, but neutral in my duties as a teacher. Last year, I had a parent tell me how upset they would be when we taught CRT. I told the guy straight up, "I teach third grade, sir. My job is to make sure these kids pick their nose without eating it. We won't be teaching CRT."
The best President the University of South Dakota has ever had was appointed at the request of the governor who defeated him in a general election. A Republican governor nominated a Democrat and that guy had a law degree but zero experience in education otherwise. Bill Janklow and Jim Abbott were political adversaries but it worked wonderfully. Abbott got more done for USD than anyone could have imagined.

Reactions: huskerfan66
The best President the University of South Dakota has ever had was appointed at the request of the governor who defeated him in a general election. A Republican governor nominated a Democrat and that guy had a law degree but zero experience in education otherwise. Bill Janklow and Jim Abbott were political adversaries but it worked wonderfully. Abbott got more done for USD than anyone could have imagined.
What you are describing are professionals who act like adults. Leaders who don't cower to political dumbassery. Not much of that left in the world.

I hate the Republican party (I hate Democrats too), but Mike Flood is a good dude. Not sure how well he fits the position vs what he's currently doing, but I'm sure he could adapt and do a decent job.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT