ADVERTISEMENT

I Remember A Topic From A Few Years Back...

St. Anger

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 13, 2007
On this board. Went something like, "Of these 4 blue blood programs who are clearly down, who will make it back to the top first?

Notre Dame
Nebraska
Miami
Florida State

I think it's clear that 2 of those definitely beat us to the punch. Just strange thinking back on things. Nebraska had a ton of support on this question back then.

This question never entered Eichorst mind at the time he called Barry.

Even as a ND hater, they are an interesting case to me. I think their talent & coaching is back, but their stubborn independence has cost them a few shots at a championship. Their independent schedule is brutal and difficult to take everyone's best shot week after week. If they were to join a conference like the ACC, look out. They would be a perennial playoff team. And yes, I know they just lost to Clemson, but again, the Tigers were treating it like a Nat. Champ. Game. ND would have a more regular schedule cycle and learn how to beat these teams more consistently. Right now there's no flow to their schedule and they are everyone's championship game. Not easy.
Still hate'em.

On this board. Went something like, "Of these 4 blue blood programs who are clearly down, who will make it back to the top first?

Notre Dame
Nebraska
Miami
Florida State

I think it's clear that 2 of those definitely beat us to the punch. Just strange thinking back on things. Nebraska had a ton of support on this question back then.
Assuming you think Miami isn't back. I agree but they're closer than Neb, clearly. Plus 10 4 stars coming in. They are way closer than us. They easily could have beat us by 30 before prevent, starters, worst coaching by big Al, etc

Assuming you think Miami isn't back. I agree but they're closer than Neb, clearly. Plus 10 4 stars coming in. They are way closer than us. They easily could have beat us by 30 before prevent, starters, worst coaching by big Al, etc

But after Thursday night they are still as along away as we are.

Even as a ND hater, they are an interesting case to me. I think their talent & coaching is back, but their stubborn independence has cost them a few shots at a championship. Their independent schedule is brutal and difficult to take everyone's best shot week after week. If they were to join a conference like the ACC, look out. They would be a perennial playoff team. And yes, I know they just lost to Clemson, but again, the Tigers were treating it like a Nat. Champ. Game. ND would have a more regular schedule cycle and learn how to beat these teams more consistently. Right now there's no flow to their schedule and they are everyone's championship game. Not easy.
Still hate'em.

When Notre Dame joins a "Power 5" conference they will discover what a grind it really can be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT