ADVERTISEMENT

What teams are actually good?

Muskyhunter16

Walk On
Apr 15, 2020
I watched a lot of ball yesterday and I honestly don’t know who the top 4 teams are this year. Georgia’s qb has major issues, Bama looks totally lost, Ohio St qb has issues, Michigan doesn’t seem too great. I was thinking Texas but obviously Bama stinks. Florida State looked terrible and lost their qb. Is it finally the year a Pac12 team makes some noise?. I can’t go there because they simply don’t play defense at all in that conference. Notre Dame actually looks very good and they have a good qb. As of right now, here’s my top 4 and would love to hear some discussion:
1). Texas (only team with a good road win)
2). Notre Dame (looks the best)
3). USC (best quarterback but zero defense)
4). Georgia (just because they’re back to back champs)

I watched a lot of ball yesterday and I honestly don’t know who the top 4 teams are this year. Georgia’s qb has major issues, Bama looks totally lost, Ohio St qb has issues, Michigan doesn’t seem too great. I was thinking Texas but obviously Bama stinks. Florida State looked terrible and lost their qb. Is it finally the year a Pac12 team makes some noise?. I can’t go there because they simply don’t play defense at all in that conference. Notre Dame actually looks very good and they have a good qb. As of right now, here’s my top 4 and would love to hear some discussion:
I hate to say it but OU is the most underrated team this year and should be in the top 5

Before yesterday I might have said Texas looked the best. But they looked average for most of the game vs Wyoming and Bama stunk it up yesterday. Florida State looked solid until yesterday as well. Perhaps USC has looked the best but haven't played anyone yet.

There hasn't really been a singular team that has impressed me all that much so far. Most have looked pretty average in at least one game so far. Michigan and Penn State yesterday. Ohio State earlier in the year. Georgia yesterday. Think it's going to be a wide open field to for the natty this year. Which is refreshing to see if I do say so myself.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Before yesterday I might have said Texas looked the best. But they looked average for most of the game vs Wyoming and Bama stunk it up yesterday. Florida State looked solid until yesterday as well. Perhaps USC has looked the best but haven't played anyone yet.

There hasn't really been a singular team that has impressed me all that much so far. Most have looked pretty average in at least one game so far. Michigan and Penn State yesterday. Ohio State earlier in the year. Georgia yesterday. Think it's going to be a wide open field to for the natty this year. Which is refreshing to see if I do say so myself.
Notre Dame have looked like the most complete team in the country

the ohiost game should be a great one

Reactions: BigRedTed
Lots of people were already proclaiming OU coach a failure before the season started but I wasn't there...they have recruited well and I expected them to be good...but I also got a few teams wrong so far. I would have lost a lot of money on Bama so far for one...never in a million years did I see the Pac doing so well either...ND?? Weren't most of us thinking that coach was a disaster just last year? I guess that's why the play the games..hahaha.

I'm fearful that Lincoln Riley will write Tony White a blank check this winter.

Yes it's been crazy, no one looks unbeatable but Georgia has a crap schedule so they can get better and better. Right now for me
ND
Oregon
Georgia
Texas
Michigan

No order.

After having bet week 3s for the past 5 years. I can tell you that this week is always the adjuster. Lot's of teams are taking big sighs and get caught by teams who have not played anyone and are rested. While some teams that look like hot garbage figure themselves out. By week 5 we should know who is who. For example b4 week 5 everyone thought Minnesota was in a class by themselves then they got dunked on by Purdue.

Georgia would beat anybody you put in front of them. They had a tough game against a real rival. What I've seen so far. FSU , USC, Wash, Oregon can put some points on you. Bama will lose a few games in the SEC this year . KSU didn't belong in the top 20. Iowa isn't a top 25 team. Colorado will lose next week and 2 to 3 more after. Kansas is actually a good team. I don't watch ND. Mich and Ohio St are both legit.

Oh, it’s freakin beautiful this year… every team has a flaw and no sure things. Top 6-7 teams can win it all vs the 2 or so we usually see.

From what I have seen, USC is tops for now. But OU, Texas, UGA, Mich, OSU, Oregon are up there.
ND, Washington, Penn St, LSU, with Longshot chance too

Reactions: BigRedTed
Georgia is #1 by a mile.

They had a sleepy game against Mizzou last year and the narrative was the same until it wasn't.

Georgia is #1 by a mile.

They had a sleepy game against Mizzou last year and the narrative was the same until it wasn't.
Yeah but they also had a really good 9th year QB in Stetson Bennett. This young kid is nowhere near that level currently

Yeah but they also had a really good 9th year QB in Stetson Bennett. This young kid is nowhere near that level currently
Stetson wasn't some generational talent.

Until Georgia is beaten, they are the best team in college football

Why? Because they continue the roll up scores.against inferior competition. They've always done that.
No because the OP asked and I gave a name that nobody has mentioned. Who is absolutely steamrolling people. Good to great QB play weapons everywhere. Balanced offense and the games Ive watch have played great defense and special teans.. i guess we will see once they start playing tougher opponents right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT