ADVERTISEMENT

I know some of you HATE Izzo....

spartanhusker

College Football Hall of Fame
May 29, 2001
....I don't....he's crotchety at times, but I'd have my kids play for him.....but what I like is his love for the league....he pulls for the league...I'm might be alone, and I KNOW we have a feeling that Warren shafted us a lot, but I ROOT for this league like I NEVER rooted for the Big 12....in his presser he restated his thoughts that the BIG 10 is the toughest league to win and it takes a toll....I know the Big 12 has been good as well, but.....

....I don't....he's crotchety at times, but I'd have my kids play for him.....but what I like is his love for the league....he pulls for the league...I'm might be alone, and I KNOW we have a feeling that Warren shafted us a lot, but I ROOT for this league like I NEVER rooted for the Big 12....in his presser he restated his thoughts that the BIG 10 is the toughest league to win and it takes a toll....I know the Big 12 has been good as well, but.....

Insufferable douche propping up his loser league.....

He was not that bad last night...I sort of feel like KSU got super lucky in that game too.

I have never thought that highly of the B1G as far as basketball goes....and as our own Kong has pointed out many times, and is pretty vocal about it, and is right....and who once again called his shot about how badly this league would fail, again.........this league is a giant freaking paper tiger in basketball. At this point anyone who thinks otherwise must be getting a cut of the revenue and doesn't wish to bite the hands that feed them....and Izzo's sideline behavior is atrocious. After the game is over he seems like a nicer guy, as long as he wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
I used to like Izzo, until he devolved into one of the biggest crybabies in college basketball.

What's worse - Fran McCaffery exploding a couple times per game when he thinks Iowa was on the wrong end of a call, or Izzo pissing his pants for the entire two hours in hopes of scoring half a dozen gift calls? I would put Izzo's constant bawling at least on equal footing with Fran in terms of douchebaggery.

I used to like Izzo, until he devolved into one of the biggest crybabies in college basketball.

What's worse - Fran McCaffery exploding a couple times per game when he thinks Iowa was on the wrong end of a call, or Izzo pissing his pants for the entire two hours in hopes of scoring half a dozen gift calls? I would put Izzo's constant bawling at least on equal footing with Fran in terms of douchebaggery.
I think Fran is worse because he has to be "held back" which is insane.

“Best conference in the country” last two years:

17 ncaa tournament bids
0 Elite Eight teams
2019 was when they had 6 teams in the top 10 and arguably the best conference and only one team made the sweet 16…

This year the B1G was very average with some good teams and only Purdue stood out and lost to #16 seed..

K- State point guard Nowell is a stud 19 assists and 20 points he was the main reason K- State deserved to win that game..
Yeah, that guy was nuts. That banked in 3 (after the travel) was insane but either way...I will take the money!

Back in the BG8 and BG12 days, I think many NU fans looked down on the BG10 - especially in football, I know I did. But now that we are part of the conference, while I get the hate for certain coaches and teams, I don't quite fully grasp the apparent hate for everything BG10 that alot of fans seem have. Its like focusing on hating the house you live in everyday, when you have no chance of moving. My biggest problem with the BG10 is we have made it worse, not better, since becoming a member.

I think he’s a great coach, and his teams are usually very solid in the 2nd half of close games. Last night his “we didn’t play well” in his postgame TV interview was kind of sad. They played pretty damn solid

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
B12 ran circles around the B1G this year. Much tougher league to win.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Izzo is a good guy.

Love Izzo. Tremendous basketball coach.

I wonder which jobs have approached Izzo in his career

he's about the only coach in the B1G who hasn't bolted for a better job after having success or gotten fired

I don't watch basketball any more but if I was filling out a bracket I'm picking MSU to win a couple games. Whether they are the 12 seed or 2 seed. One of the only teams that consistently over performed or performed how they should.

Can someone get with Matt Hoppen and get his take on Nebraska and their basketball prowess. Also, his opinion on Texas winning it all.

I don't watch basketball any more but if I was filling out a bracket I'm picking MSU to win a couple games. Whether they are the 12 seed or 2 seed. One of the only teams that consistently over performed or performed how they should.

Much of that is because they under perform in the regular season.

Seems to me that it’s more like they get better as the season goes on. That’s usually coaching and game experience.
No, he's had many teams rated highly to start the season only to tank most of the year then they win a couple in the tournament because of "great coaching ".

Last of the OG coaches now that Boeheim is gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT