ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers in the Draft

none last year, round 4 and counting with none this year

someone punch mike riley in the nards for all of husker nation

what an abomination

Riley was the definition of all hat and no cattle if there ever was one when it came to recruiting, but Frost has had two years to develop somebody and hasn't. But back to Riley, nice guy but man he sucked ass...and I will admit I loved the hire initially and openly made fun of people who didn't get it...

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Shows that the problem is talent...no questions... UCF..Tulsa...SMU.. all had so much better talent... not to mention Iowa and Wisconsin... then there is Ohio St. . we were lucky to not get beat 100-0.. Very sad times for the home team...good news is that recruiting is looking so much better the last 2 years...

Shows that the problem is talent...no questions... UCF..Tulsa...SMU.. all had so much better talent... not to mention Iowa and Wisconsin... then there is Ohio St. . we were lucky to not get beat 100-0.. Very sad times for the home team...good news is that recruiting is looking so much better the last 2 years...
Hope it translates to W.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Frost has had two years to develop somebody and hasn't.
I don't blame Frost one bit for recognizing the absolute dearth of talent and playing as many young guys as possible.

shame on fans for thinking we were anywhere close to top-end B1G teams in terms of talent. it's abundantly clear we aren't.

as I've said many times on this board when folks tout the mo barrys/adrian martinezs of the world as NFL talents: we wouldn't know a day 1 draft pick if it slapped us in the face.

The Davis twins were recruited by Bo Pelini before he was fired and Riley convinced them to stay..

Reactions: TFrazier
No NU players drafted as of the 4th round. We might have 1 go before the draft is over and rest will be undrafted free agents. Not sure what’s going on with our player development but to see lower division school players get drafted before NU players tells you something about our players in

Its more than talent.

Reactions: oldjar07
Lamar Jackson and K Davis will end up getting drafted, unfortunately it might be round 6-7 range. And we will end up with at least 4 Huskers getting put into the NFL with D Daniels and C Davis getting free agent deals.

This shows the lack of talent in our upper class men and shows why the past couple years has been such a struggle. B. Jaimes might end up being our highest draft pick we have had in years next year. Thank God Frost has started to bring back the talent to Nebraska. Mike Riley really put us behind...what a stupid hire.

Riley was in the top five worst hires of all time. Completely washed up, way behind the times, out of his element, and lazy.
So...what you are saying is that if Frost doesn't work out, we should go after Rick Neuheisel? RollingLaugh

Reactions: bluenrg
Its more than talent.
It’s mostly talent. Obviously, a lot of other things play into it too. Massive attrition, players recruited to one system that don’t really fit, etc. But end of the day, we need a lot more talen. We also need to do a better job identifying guys that fit, keeping those guys and developing those guys. But talent is numero uno.

yeah and talent isn’t the issue....give me a F_cking break with that nonsense. You don’t go that long without any draft picks and your talent level isn’t an issue. People need to get off of Frosts nuts and realize what he’s fighting and going against. Yes, he’s a young Head Coach and he’s made mistakes along the way but my God, this shows the BS he’s fighting right there and it’s slapping us right in the face.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
yeah and talent isn’t the issue....give me a F_cking break with that nonsense. You don’t go that long without any draft picks and your talent level isn’t an issue. People need to get off of Frosts nuts and realize what he’s fighting and going against. Yes, he’s a young Head Coach and he’s made mistakes along the way but my God, this shows the BS he’s fighting right there slapping us in the face.
I don’t see any of the guys that left, to be developed by someone else, being drafted either.

I understand asking someone to take lemons and turn them into lemonade.

I do not understand asking someone to take a steaming pile of manure and turn it into lemonade.
It’s all relative. He couldn’t have made these guys draft picks, that just isn’t reality. He could have closed out the close games and made the record better, making us look better, which would have helped future recruiting, making getting out of this mess easier.

I understand asking someone to take lemons and turn them into lemonade.

I do not understand asking someone to take a steaming pile of manure and turn it into lemonade.

And that’s just it, what did some of us except Frost to do with that mess of talent on the roster he inherited? He did what he could, moved some players along and sprinkled in a bunch of freshmen and JUCOs. Now he could made some better in game decisions and helped our record some...that parts on him but that’s it.

I think Mike, Bo, and Frost all deserve some blame for this. Some maybe more than others but all 3 played a part in this failure
I agree. Obviously, some more than others, but all three played a part. Let’s hope the later can fix it, fast.

The Davis twins killed the combine. It has to be attitude/effort concerns holding them back, right? How can you not take that upside late in the draft?

These might be worth something on EBay if I can get them signed. Winking

61MNEcnZ5lL._AC_SY445_.jpg

s-l400.jpg

The Davis twins killed the combine. It has to be attitude/effort concerns holding them back, right? How can you not take that upside late in the draft?

Lack of killer instinct. How many games have we blown in the past 2 years? 5 or 6 come to mind. Mental aspect can’t be judged in the combine.
This isn’t a knock on just these two, it’s everybody that has come out of our team the past 5 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT