ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers in the Draft

Development.
Exactly most high school players start out relatively the same. From there it's development that determines how good they're going to be. Four years of guys in good development programs vs four years of guys not getting developed at all. Who has a higher chance of getting drafted? Probably the guy who had four years of solid development even though he may have had less talent in terms of star ratings coming from high school.

Reactions: RPWinni0
you don't have to tell me anything.

our guys are not talented, and those who tested out well never showed up on film in actual games.

they lacked production across the board. this isn't a conspiracy. nobody wants our players because they are not good players.

What about Luke Gifford? He seems to be doing well. Janovich is another. I’m not disagreeing with you btw.

Mike Williams - JUCO WR
Greg Bell - JUCO RB
Will Jackson - JUCO DB
Vaha Vainuku - Transfer DT
Darrion Daniels - Transfer DT
Kanawai Noa - Transfer WR

All are eligible for this NFL Draft and were signed by Scott.

I hope and believe that Scott will get this turned around but maybe 1/6 on JUCO + Transfers
Deontai was in the same class and he probably has more talent than any of them. He's got another year left.

Reactions: headcard
Exactly most high school players start out relatively the same. From there it's development that determines how good they're going to be. Four years of guys in good development programs vs four years of guys not getting developed at all. Who has a higher chance of getting drafted? Probably the guy who had four years of solid development even though he may have had less talent in terms of star ratings coming from high school.
So all HS players start out relatively the same? Come on. Recruiting and development are both important, this notion that all these guys are the same is crazy. You have to get talented guys and develop them. That's the difference between programs like Alabama/Ohio State and teams that only develop like Northwestern/Iowa and ones that only recruit like Tennessee/Miami.

but, there is a reason Stanley and Devine weren't drafted: one made a practice squad and ended up playing late in the year for an injury-depleted team with the worst record in the league, the other will never be heard from again

if 'college team's record' is even close to the radar for nfl scouts evaluating any position but QB I would be pretty shocked.

Hate
but, there is a reason Stanley and Devine weren't drafted: one made a practice squad and ended up playing late in the year for an injury-depleted team with the worst record in the league, the other will never be heard from again

if 'college team's record' is even close to the radar for nfl scouts evaluating any position but QB I would be pretty shocked.

Both were on active rosters at the end of the year. Oz is stuck behind one of the best RBs in the league. A lot of guys that are drafted never play one active snap in the NFL. Injury-depleted teams or not, they still played in the NFL and you can never take that away from them

So all HS players start out relatively the same? Come on. Recruiting and development are both important, this notion that all these guys are the same is crazy. You have to get talented guys and develop them. That's the difference between programs like Alabama/Ohio State and teams that only develop like Northwestern/Iowa and ones that only recruit like Tennessee/Miami.
I didn't say that. I never said all, quit twisting my words.

Hate

Both were on active rosters at the end of the year. Oz is stuck behind one of the best RBs in the league. A lot of guys that are drafted never play one active snap in the NFL. Injury-depleted teams or not, they still played in the NFL and you can never take that away from them
yea I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone. that's great for them. Ozigbo played and got carries for the Jags in week 17. I assume you were referring to his time on the Saints behind Kamara, but he was claimed off waivers by the Jags very early in the season, so he wasn't 'stuck behind one of the best backs in the league', he, too was on a practice squad for a bottom-10 team in the NFL from Sept 1 on.

saying they absolutely should have been drafted and weren't due to NU's record is probably more wishful thinking than truth.

yea I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone. that's great for them.

but saying they absolutely should have been drafted and weren't due to NU's record is probably more wishful thinking than truth.
Yeah but on the flip side, regardless of how or when, if you make an active NFL roster you probably should have been drafted.

I’m a homer and think those 2 should have been drafted. Is it because I’m bias or did the NFL think they were losers not worthy of a pick? Either side is debatable and we will never know.

people have a different perception of a player at Kansas that never won vs a player at Nebraska who has never won. This 2019 Nebraska class, record wise, is the worst class in Nebraska’s history for most of our lifetimes. They are the polar opposite of the 1997 class. I don’t blame GMs for passing on our guys if they are board line good enough to be drafted. Much easy to give them a shot as a UFA. They haven’t proven they can win. That’s the most important thing in the NFL

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
It really says something that he was our most talented defensive player.
I don't think he was. Likely the two guys that have actually been drafted were more talented than Lamar.

Lamar tested slowish and didnt show to play the ball well for a corner over his career. Had what 5 ints his entire time at Nebraska? Possibly if he would have been a safety?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Interesting that we have had two DL drafted and our best DL sits there waiting.

I don't think he was. Likely the two guys that have actually been drafted were more talented than Lamar.

Lamar tested slowish and didnt show to play the ball well for a corner over his career. Had what 5 ints his entire time at Nebraska? Possibly if he would have been a safety?
The Davis twins were a major disappointment at Nebraska in my opinion.

Interesting that we have had two DL drafted and our best DL sits there waiting.

Daniels is primarily a run stuffer without much of a pass rush. That isn’t very valuable in the NFL. Unless you’re an elite run stuffer, which he unfortunately isn’t. Great leader. Good player. Just not very versatile. I’m sure his major weight loss before the draft was to show that he could be more than just a NT.

The Davis twins were a major disappointment at Nebraska in my opinion.

They played under so many different position coaches and coordinators. They were recruited for the 4-3. I thought they would be better but I applaud them for hanging in there and getting our name called on draft day, to help save embarrassment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT