ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers in the Draft

Some 5'9" corner from a multi-directional school just got drafted.
Go Mud Dogs

PFbImWB.png

DN9q5vPVwAEGdud.jpg

How does Frost get blame? The players he recruited are just going to be redshirt sophomores unless they played there Freshman year like 2AM..
I strongly feel that Frost is a good coach. I strongly feel that he will get it turned around at Nebraska. But I don’t know that he is the kind of guy to take what he’s got and adjust to that. He’s the kind of coach that demands that it’s his way. And that’s fine. It just means that it takes a lot longer to turn things around.

But if you wanted to just focus on recruiting, well, how about the Jucos and Transfers Scott brought in? They haven’t been drafted right? He could have had the #1 player over all, right?

Frost does deserve a small fraction of the blame. But he’ll get it done when he’s got everything on his own terms.

Reactions: headcard
I strongly feel that Frost is a good coach. I strongly feel that he will get it turned around at Nebraska. But I don’t know that he is the kind of guy to take what he’s got and adjust to that. He’s the kind of coach that demands that it’s his way. And that’s fine. It just means that it takes a lot longer to turn things around.

But if you wanted to just focus on recruiting, well, how about the Jucos and Transfers Scott brought in? They haven’t been drafted right?

Frost does deserve a small fraction of the blame. But he’ll get it done when he’s got everything on his own terms.
there are 2 Frost transfers who're eligible, and 1 will get picked.

But if you wanted to just focus on recruiting, well, how about the Jucos and Transfers Scott brought in? They haven’t been drafted right? He could have had the #1 player over all, right?

I agree with all of this. I believe, Frost is a good coach, but did not do a good job of making chicken salad the last two years. Problem is, we now have incredibly tough schedules the next couple seasons and patience is wearing thin.

Frost gets a small fraction but he he’s had 2 + years with these guys. I’m convinced that if we would have won we would have had more guys selected last year and this year. BUT, because we are Nebraska and we live in a fish bowl, the nation sees us constantly tripping over our own two feet which leaves a bad look.

It’s mostly talent. Obviously, a lot of other things play into it too. Massive attrition, players recruited to one system that don’t really fit, etc. But end of the day, we need a lot more talen. We also need to do a better job identifying guys that fit, keeping those guys and developing those guys. But talent is numero uno.
For why we arent playing for BIG and national titles? Sure, 100% agree.

For why we cant beat Colorado, Iowa, Purdue or make one of 40 bowl ga,es? Big fat NOPE.

Frost gets a small fraction but he he’s had 2 + years with these guys. I’m convinced that if we would have won we would have had more guys selected last year and this year. BUT, because we are Nebraska and we live in a fish bowl, the nation sees us constantly tripping over our own two feet which leaves a bad look.
If we would have won, the same guys lacking talent get drafted? Wtf?

I agree with all of this. I believe, Frost is a good coach, but did not do a good job of making chicken salad the last two years. Problem is, we now have incredibly tough schedules the next couple seasons and patience is wearing thin.
Exactly. 100%. What we needed the last few years was chickensalad. Frost will eventually get us that steak dinner we have been craving for, for almost 20 years and ultimately that’s what we want.

And even though he's done a decent job recruiting, I think the classes would have been better with winning seasons and bowl games. If the losing records continue, recruiting will probably get worse. Then it will be very difficult to turn things around.

Reactions: TFrazier
And even though he's done a decent job recruiting, I think the classes would have been better with winning seasons and bowl games. If the losing records continue, recruiting will probably get worse. Then it will be very difficult to turn things around.
Agree 100%. On the flip side, if we can start having some success on the field, I think this staff's ceiling is very high on the recruiting trail.

there are 2 Frost transfers who're eligible, and 1 will get picked.
Mike Williams - JUCO WR
Greg Bell - JUCO RB
Will Jackson - JUCO DB
Vaha Vainuku - Transfer DT
Darrion Daniels - Transfer DT
Kanawai Noa - Transfer WR

All are eligible for this NFL Draft and were signed by Scott.

I hope and believe that Scott will get this turned around but maybe 1/6 on JUCO + Transfers

As an aside, dear ESPN, I dont give a F@#% about your stupid musical interludes. People are watching the THIRD day of the NFL draft because they like football. And want to hear about football and football players. No need to "catch us up" if you don't do your stupid crap.

Now a kicker from Georgia Southern. This is getting downright sad.

Last edited:
Mike Williams - JUCO WR
Greg Bell - JUCO RB
Will Jackson - JUCO DB

I hope and believe that Scott will get this turned around but maybe 1/6 on JUCO + Transfers
you're right. how could I forget about 3 guys who didn't stay at NU and another who never appeared in a game.

my bad.

Yep, that’s right. We were a few mental/special teams plays away from going to back to back bowl games.
So drafted yes, make it in the league, doubtful. Most don’t make it..

Gifford easily comes to mind. Was overlooked due to our record.
yea kids from KU get drafted, I don't think record has anything to do with it.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Mike Williams - JUCO WR
Greg Bell - JUCO RB
Will Jackson - JUCO DB

and ultimately it’s the 1 transfer Frost declined on that he’s most rightfully judged by. Yes it’s a dead horse. Yes it’s tiring to play that card against Scott. But it’s the only card you have to play, unfortunately, right now, nothing beats that

Development.
That sounds great and all, but of the guys that stayed and were draft eligible, who had that NFL upside that wasn't developed? Not really thinking of anyone, to be honest. I also don't see any of the guys that transferred out to be developed by someone else getting drafted. Also, the one guy that did get drafted was developed very well.

and ultimately it’s the 1 transfer Frost declined on that he’s most rightfully judged by. Yes it’s a dead horse. Yes it’s tiring to play that card against Scott. But it’s the only card you have to play, unfortunately, right now, nothing beats that
what?

you're right. how could I forget about 3 guys who didn't stay at NU and another who never appeared in a game.

my bad.
Mike Williams played like every game at NU. He even started a couple. But he’s easy to forget.

VV also stayed at Nebraska. He just wasn’t very good. Is he still on the team? Or did he run out of eligibility.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Well then I don’t know what to tell you. There’s kickers and long snappers getting drafted ahead of our starting guys who tested well at the combine.
you don't have to tell me anything.

our guys are not talented, and those who tested out well never showed up on film in actual games.

they lacked production across the board. this isn't a conspiracy. nobody wants our players because they are not good players.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT