ADVERTISEMENT

Hunt and LeGrone news

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a very bad situation. There is no place for that kind of actions if true I hope they are punished more then just some probation. I want to know why she would put her self in a situation where she was uncomfortable b4 even going over there.

Biased Kangaroo Court finds males guilty....shocking.
Hmmm not enough evidence to wit no charges filed, low evidence threshold, two lives ruined basically for the time being as far as they're concerned. Glad I don't have single son's anymore. My wife warned them about stuff like this could happen to them.

Chances are they're not completely innocent but man, you can get hung out to dry fast

Thankfully Frost suspended them and they didn't see the field. If they are guilty or not The NCAA and places like ESPN and fox sports are all about prosecute first and ask questions later. Last thing this program needs is a NCAA investigation looming over it.

if they are not guilty it just sucks to ruin the young men's lives. But universities have to take all precautions as possible.

Reactions: CBurns05
That is a very bad situation. There is no place for that kind of actions if true I hope they are punished more then just some probation. I want to know why she would put her self in a situation where she was uncomfortable b4 even going over there.
It would help if people would actually say no to someone doing something they don’t want them to do. This after the fact stuff becomes really complicated and difficult to deal with for everyone involved

"The investigation's findings included that the evidence supported . . . without her consent, and that both men had sex with her without her consent."

The evidence supported it? Yeah, that's why there hasn't been a criminal charge filed. It is really scary the power that an "investigator" can have over someone's life; I wouldn't trust some of them to get my lunch order correct. I have a distaste for prosecutors, but if the extent of the "evidence" is consistent with what was reported in the story, I applaud them for not filing this case. Lots of jackwagon's out there that would either be pressured into filing something or would want to file it to make a name for themselves, even if they know the evidence is weak at best.

It would help if people would actually say no to someone doing something they don’t want them to do. This after the fact stuff becomes really complicated and difficult to deal with for everyone involved
I remember way back in the day, when I was playing college basketball. They took all the athletes aside and talked to us about situations like this, some of the best advice I ever heard (paraphrasing):

"Just remember: Yes means Yes. Forget no means no, that will just get you in trouble." "Before putting yourself in that situation ask and get a YES, fellas".

"The investigation's findings included that the evidence supported that Hunt touched, digitally penetrated the woman and made her have oral sex without her consent, and that both men had sex with her without her consent."

The evidence supported it? Yeah, that's why there hasn't been a criminal charge filed. It is really scary the power that an "investigator" can have over someone's life; I wouldn't trust some of them to get my lunch order correct. I have a distaste for prosecutors, but if the extent of the "evidence" is consistent with what was reported in the story, I applaud them for not filing this case. Lots of jackwagon's out there that would either be pressured into filing something or would want to file it to make a name for themselves, even if they know the evidence is weak at best.
It’s the me-too generation. You can’t s
i “felt pressured” by my boss to donate money to charity in our yearly giving campaign. Plan to see if we can get theft charges against him.

These two men ruined the rest of their lives and if found guilty will be in prison for a while rightfully so. This young woman is also going to be scarred for life. What the hell was she thinking. I can only pray my daughters use better judgement than this when they get older. He put it in print what his desire was and she still went over there by herself. You can't trust anyone without really knowing them.

Oh good, another thread for all of you to play rape apologist and pretend like the world is just loaded full of fake rape stories even though neither you or anyone you know has ever been falsely accused.

What was SHE thinking? Probably not "I'm headed over her to get raped." Two huge dudes raped this girl, guys big enough they could rape YOU and you couldn't stop them. But you find a way to make it her fault. Get outta here with that garbage.

Something happening, being able to prove it happened in court, and wanting to turn the next months or years of your life into constantly having to relive a traumatic event while people try to convince a jury you're lying are not the same thing.

Man get this bullshit off the board and get these kids off the team.

Last edited:
It’s the me-too generation. You can’t s

i “felt pressured” by my boss to donate money to charity in our yearly giving campaign. Plan to see if we can get theft charges against him.

Well, the comparison is pretty stupid, frankly.

Sounds like the sent these two up the river for a girl that changed her mind afterwards. Its always been scary but this is a real scary time to live in.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
The posters in this thread are vile, essentially implying that she was asking for it. That's the defense of the molester and the rapist, and those who are saying it now have probably used it to defend something from their own past.
I think rapists should be put to death. I think a guy that has sex with a girl that “felt pressured” in her heart but does not say anything does not mean the man should go to jail. How do you measure pressure? No means no so f’n say no.

Schools shouldn't be in charge of investigating these things. Let the police do their jobs. If you suspend from team activities until it's resolved, cool. But let the police and criminal justice system do its part.

Secondly, if they're accused of doing these heinous things, why are they allowed back in 2.5 years? Why ever allowed back at all? They belong in prison, not at a school if they're guilty.

Hmmm not enough evidence to wit no charges filed, low evidence threshold, two lives ruined basically for the time being as far as they're concerned. Glad I don't have single son's anymore. My wife warned them about stuff like this could happen to them.

Chances are they're not completely innocent but man, you can get hung out to dry fast

No person is guaranteed a chance to play football on scholarship at a major university. They can still play anywhere...in fact I expect them to play somewhere soon...plenty of guys have raped girls and been allowed to play as long as charges aren't filed. Having sex with a woman without explicit consent is rape...I can imagine some dudes on this board would go through with it if 450 pounds of football player were pressuring them...especially if they weighed 99 pounds. Tag teaming a girl, with a blanket over her head is rape. Frosty played this one perfectly as I am sure the evidence via text message, via lying to police is insurmountable.

Oh good, another thread for all of you to play rape apologist and pretend like the world is just loaded full of fake rape stories even though neither you or anyone you know has ever been falsely accused.

What was SHE thinking? Probably not "I'm headed over her to get raped." Two huge dudes raped this girl, guys big enough they could rape YOU and you couldn't stop them. But you find a way to make it her fault. Get outta here with that garbage.

Something happening, being able to prove it happened in court, and wanting to turn the next months or years of your life into constantly having to relive a traumatic event while people try to convince a jury you're lying are not the same thing.

You are correct, the focus should not be on what she was thinking. But, what she did, or didn't, do or say is pivotal. Based on the information in the article, I think you are wrong. Even if it wasn't rape, it doesn't make what happened okay. And yes, I have seen a lot of reports and accusations which are not accurate, including sexual assault accusations. This girl making a report doesn't make it rape.

I'm not gonna blame her but I am curious why no charges were filed? How long does it take to build a case? If she filed a report and the evidence is damning they should be behind bars.

I'm not gonna blame her but I am curious why no charges were filed? How long does it take to build a case? If she filed a report and the evidence is damning they should be behind bars.
Your question is not at all relevant. Maybe it is because she knows that if she pressed charges, Husker football fans would scrutinize her entire life, harass her every move, judge her every decision, and threaten her on a regular basis.

Reactions: jmliehr
No person is guaranteed a chance to play football on scholarship at a major university. They can still play anywhere...in fact I expect them to play somewhere soon...plenty of guys have raped girls and been allowed to play as long as charges aren't filed. Having sex with a woman without explicit consent is rape...I can imagine some dudes on this board would go through with it if 450 pounds of football player were pressuring them...especially if they weighed 99 pounds. Tag teaming a girl, with a blanket over her head is rape. Frosty played this one perfectly as I am sure the evidence via text message, via lying to police is insurmountable.

Okay, I'll play along. Please enlighten us on the definition of "explicit consent." Did you miss the part where it says "no charges have been filed?" You mean THAT kind of insurmountable evidence?

Your question is not at all relevant. Maybe it is because she knows that if she pressed charges, Husker football fans would scrutinize her entire life, harass her every move, judge her every decision, and threaten her on a regular basis.
It's not up to her, it's up the prosecutors.

You are correct, the focus should not be on what she was thinking. But, what she did, or didn't, do or say is pivotal. Based on the information in the article, I think you are wrong. Even if it wasn't rape, it doesn't make what happened okay. And yes, I have seen a lot of reports and accusations which are not accurate, including sexual assault accusations. This girl making a report doesn't make it rape.
Fair view. Even though it was not a rape a team/school can certainly decide “I don’t want you” as their decision.

This is America. If they did it they should receive punishment. If they didn't they should not be facing the repercussions they are. Only way to find out if innocent or guilty is the court of law with a jury. Not a message board.

If they know she wants no part of it, they are unlikely to prosecute.
Bologna. They certainly are supposed to consider her opinion, but they aren't going to let a rapist walk. And like even Husker fans are pathetic enough to give her hell over the prosecution of a couple of guys who never played a down for a crappy team.

I don't know if there's any sort of logging of communications done by Snapchat's devs, if so they might have her message where she claims to have clearly told him she didn't want to have sex with him. That's the big claim in the article to me.

How do you go about proving somebody had non-consensual sex with you if they weren't violent about forcing you? Medical evidence will be able to show that intercourse happened, but it's not like there's some circuit breaker that just trips when it wasn't consensual that you can go, "Ope yep you see there? Rape breaker's tripped, she was raped." If they didn't beat her you can't prove she didn't consent, it's her word against theirs.

And OF COURSE they say they didn't do it. You watch one episode of Cops and the first thing you see is some dude with meth in his pocket go, "These ain't my pants though."

Last edited:
Reactions: jmliehr
It's a fair question, a lot of people just don't understand why a case wouldn't be pursued. Likely it was clear enough that they had sex with her, they may even have DNA to link them both, but as far as consent they have no way of proving objectively to a jury that she didn't consent. If they didn't leave cuts and bruises on her all the police have is her statement against theirs, which is no guarantee in a case.

It sounds like she went to the police pretty much right away.

The sad fact is that it's way easier to get away with rape than anyone really wants to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT