ADVERTISEMENT

Hunt and LeGrone news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I dont think we've heard the last from ESPN, Yahoo Sports, CNN and the likes on this one yet. This could get far worse for Nebraska than it gets better and in a hurry!

Reactions: 30BringsTheHurt
What concerns me is that 6 women are just now reporting incidents. I realize that could be due to numerous things; shame, afraid of not being believed, afraid that athletics are untouchable, afraid of the court system etc. You just never know. But 6 additional women coming forward now definitely sheds a different light on the situation.

Everytime I read an article about sexual assault....I think of that Stanford swimmer....and my blood boils. Let the legal system prevail.....

Reactions: TheBeav815
You cite one study that researched false allegations and use that to say I am wrong? You cite one study, I cite another. But it is true, most all studies are between 2% and 10%.

And your relative probably has a different story to tell you today, given the arrests made. By the way, the NIH is the one who says most false accusations of rape are made by married women or prostitutes. Argue with them, not me.

Oh for God's sake, if you are so ignorant to not understand what a literature search is as the first step in a scientific study you are hopeless.

BTW, the same NIH that you reference found that rape is falsely alleged at a rate five times higher than any other crime. And based on the NIH website information, the NIH has published five studies on false rape. I have now read all 5 (luckily I have a subscription to an information database, so I didn't have to pay for them), and not one describes false rape accusers by category, i.e. married women or prostitutes. They do describe motives, such as to create an alibi, revenge, obtaining sympathy, etc. One motive is to "cover up an infidelity", which would cover married women. But that was 1 of 12 motives presented by the study, and there was nothing to indicate that was a prevalent motive. Also, the single study I found outside the NIH where "professions" were mentioned, not one of the "professions" described was prostitute. So I don't know where you got the married women/prostitutes "fact". I'd be interested to see a source.

Interestingly, one of the studies, done by Purdue University, found that 41% of the rape allegations made in one city over a 9 year period were false. So I guess now the number ranges between 2% to 41%. Another study I read, by the University of Massachusetts, found that 5.9% of the rape accusations reported at one University were false, and noted that fit within the general finding of previous studies that put the numbers between 2 and 10%.

But once again, you are doing an apples and oranges comparison. I never said or even implied that Hunt and LeGrone were guilty or innocent. I don't know. Let the process work. I was providing an overview on something I found interesting. But let's not forget the Duke lacrosse team and Brian Banks, among others.

Last edited:
I asked that same thing in my first response to this thread. Doesn't make it legal or right but WTH
Its crazy. I am not excusing their behavior at all. If it happened they need to pay the price, but as a parent what are you doing. Stop being their buddy and start being their parent. She could have ended up in a hole instead of emotionally scarred.

Its crazy. I am not excusing their behavior at all. If it happened they need to pay the price, but as a parent what are you doing. Stop being their buddy and start being their parent. She could have ended up in a hole instead of emotionally scarred.

News flash, people often ignore advice.

You have major issues with women and society in general, I strongly urge you to seek professional counseling to work on your issues. This type of hate speech is disgusting.
That is too severe there jmliehr. Very little is black and white !

That's the difference. I give my kids rules and direction. Not advice and friendship.

Your job as a parent is to love, teach and discipline. Not be their BFF.

And they follow 100% of the time? Even when they become adults and have moved out of your house?

Oh for God's sake, if you are so ignorant to not understand what a literature search is as the first step in a scientific study you are hopeless.

BTW, the same NIH that you reference found that rape is falsely alleged at a rate five times higher than any other crime. And based on the NIH website information, the NIH has published five studies on false rape. I have now read all 5 (luckily I have a subscription to an information database, so I didn't have to pay for them), and not one describes false rape accusers by category, i.e. married women or prostitutes. They do describe motives, such as to create an alibi, revenge, obtaining sympathy, etc. One motive is to "cover up an infidelity", which would cover married women. But that was 1 of 12 motives presented by the study, and there was nothing to indicate that was a prevalent motive. Also, the single study I found outside the NIH where "professions" were mentioned, not one of the "professions" described was prostitute. So I don't know where you got the married women/prostitutes "fact". I'd be interested to see a source.

Interestingly, one of the studies, done by Purdue University, found that 41% of the rape allegations made in one city over a 9 year period were false. So I guess now the number ranges between 2% to 41%. Another study I read, by the University of Massachusetts, found that 5.9% of the rape accusations reported at one University were false, and noted that fit within the general finding of previous studies that put the numbers between 2 and 10%.

But once again, you are doing an apples and oranges comparison. I never said or even implied that Hunt and LeGrone were guilty or innocent. I don't know. Let the process work. I was providing an overview on something I found interesting. But let's not forget the Duke lacrosse team and Brian Banks, among others.

I’m not sure why it is such a big deal whether he’s right or you are right. To give you an idea how minuscule the difference is between what he is arguing and what you are arguing. I found one sight that said there are 433,648 victims of rape and sexual assault each year in the U.S. I believe their data includes an estimation for unreported assaults and given your proclivity for arguing over the mundane little details, I decided not to use that data. So I found the data for actual reported sexual assault cases in 2018 in the U.S., 101,151. So taking the low end of false reports at 2%, that would be 2,023. The high end at 10%, would be 10,115. Then at your median range of 5.9%, would be 5,968. No matter how you slice it, the true accusations outweigh the false by an enormous margin.

So touching on the larger number, not knowing the margin for error, I am still willing to bet that even the number of unreported assaults would greatly outweigh the number of false accusations. Some responders in this thread act as if the numbers are reversed and assault accusations are false 90% of the time, true 10% of the time. In that light, it is not hard to understand why some would never report. Who would want to sign on for that? After being victimized, you get tried in the court of public opinion. People accuse you of being a liar, a whore and questioning your motives. Sounds fun where do I sign up?

I’m not sure why it is such a big deal whether he’s right or you are right. To give you an idea how minuscule the difference is between what he is arguing and what you are arguing. I found one sight that said there are 433,648 victims of rape and sexual assault each year in the U.S. I believe their data includes an estimation for unreported assaults and given your proclivity for arguing over the mundane little details, I decided not to use that data. So I found the data for actual reported sexual assault cases in 2018 in the U.S., 101,151. So taking the low end of false reports at 2%, that would be 2,023. The high end at 10%, would be 10,115. Then at your median range of 5.9%, would be 5,968. No matter how you slice it, the true accusations outweigh the false by an enormous margin.

So touching on the larger number, not knowing the margin for error, I am still willing to bet that even the number of unreported assaults would greatly outweigh the number of false accusations. Some responders in this thread act as if the numbers are reversed and assault accusations are false 90% of the time, true 10% of the time. In that light, it is not hard to understand why some would never report. Who would want to sign on for that? After being victimized, you get tried in the court of public opinion. People accuse you of being a liar, a whore and questioning your motives. Sounds fun where do I sign up?

And your point is? You carefully ignore one of the most recent studies that found that 41% of the rapes reported in one American city over a 9 year period were false. Moreover, I found an additional study (from Denmark, IIRC) that states that the 2 most common reasons for false rape accusations in the last 10 years (this was a 2016 or 2017 study) was fame/public attention and to get money. They used the 12 false accusations by contestants in the Black Miss America pageant against Mike Tyson as an example. They garnered a great deal of attention and the women were offered 20 million to be divided among the 12 until the accusations fell apart. In any event the findings of this study were that false accusations for fame/public attention and money were virtually non-existent something like 20 years ago, and now constitute the most common 2 reasons for false rape claims. Given that the percentage of false rape claims for all other reasons, like revenge, alibi, etc. have remained statistically the same, when you add 2 more reasons that have become the most prevalent, then the percentage of false rape accusations as compared to all rape accusations is rising at a dramatic pace. That is what the Danish study found, finding that over a certain period (I don't recall the exact period of time) the percentage of false rape accusations as compared to the total number of rape accusations in several Danish cities rose from 4 point something percent in the first year of the study to 23 point something percent in the last year of the study, based almost entirely on the increase in the fame/public attention and money categories.

But once again you are arguing with yourself. Congrats. I doubt if you will win. I used the words "tiny" and "miniscule" to describe the percentage of false rape accusations. That is what I believed then and still do. However, my reading of now around 15 studies seems to show that false rape accusations may be increasing exponentially. Do those studies, from places as diverse as Purdue University and Denmark, indicate statistical anomalies or are they an accurate indication of a trend? I have no idea. But it is immaterial as to Hunt and Legrone. I have no opinion on the matter, because unlike others I am not about to jump to a conclusion either way.

And your point is? You carefully ignore one of the most recent studies that found that 41% of the rapes reported in one American city over a 9 year period were false. Moreover, I found an additional study (from Denmark, IIRC) that states that the 2 most common reasons for false rape accusations in the last 10 years (this was a 2016 or 2017 study) was fame/public attention and to get money. They used the 12 false accusations by contestants in the Black Miss America pageant against Mike Tyson as an example. They garnered a great deal of attention and the women were offered 20 million to be divided among the 12 until the accusations fell apart. In any event the findings of this study were that false accusations for fame/public attention and money were virtually non-existent something like 20 years ago, and now constitute the most common 2 reasons for false rape claims. Given that the percentage of false rape claims for all other reasons, like revenge, alibi, etc. have remained statistically the same, when you add 2 more reasons that have become the most prevalent, then the percentage of false rape accusations as compared to all rape accusations is rising at a dramatic pace. That is what the Danish study found, finding that over a certain period (I don't recall the exact period of time) the percentage of false rape accusations as compared to the total number of rape accusations in several Danish cities rose from 4 point something percent in the first year of the study to 23 point something percent in the last year of the study, based almost entirely on the increase in the fame/public attention and money categories.

But once again you are arguing with yourself. Congrats. I doubt if you will win. I used the words "tiny" and "miniscule" to describe the percentage of false rape accusations. That is what I believed then and still do. However, my reading of now around 15 studies seems to show that false rape accusations may be increasing exponentially. Do those studies, from places as diverse as Purdue University and Denmark, indicate statistical anomalies or are they an accurate indication of a trend? I have no idea. But it is immaterial as to Hunt and Legrone. I have no opinion on the matter, because unlike others I am not about to jump to a conclusion either way.

First off, don’t know what a case study from Denmark has to do with sexual assault in the United States. On your second point, let me see if I get what your saying. A study of 1 American city, there are 310 cities of 100,000 people or more in the U.S., should be used as the basis for how we view rape accusations and whether they are false or not? Let’s flesh this out then, 1 city out of 310 comes to 0.003%, that seems logical. Let us decide whether rape claims are true or not based on a study of 0.003% of American cities.:rolleyes:

I do agree with you on one point, your studies are immaterial to Hunt and Legrone. Unless some persons would like to claim we have 2 individuals with an astounding 7 false rape claims against them.

First off, don’t know what a case study from Denmark has to do with sexual assault in the United States. On your second point, let me see if I get what your saying. A study of 1 American city, there are 310 cities of 100,000 people or more in the U.S., should be used as the basis for how we view rape accusations and whether they are false or not? Let’s flesh this out then, 1 city out of 310 comes to 0.003%, that seems logical. Let us decide whether rape claims are true or not based on a study of 0.003% of American cities.:rolleyes:

I do agree with you on one point, your studies are immaterial to Hunt and Legrone. Unless some persons would like to claim we have 2 individuals with an astounding 7 false rape claims against them.

Man, you are one dense person. Where do you think new theories come from? Do you think they just magically appear somewhere, fully blown, like Athena from the head of Zeus? They start with one study. Then another study. Then another. All of which test the hypothesis. So we have multiple recent studies that indicate an increase in false rape claims. As I clearly asked, despite your reading comprehension issues, are they statistical anomalies or indicative of a trend? We don't know. The scientific process is still at work. But they have passed peer review, something you and artguy don't seem to understand in the slightest.

And your parochialism, as in what does a study in Denmark have to do with rape in America, is really kinda cute. Establishes another data point proving you don't have a clue about the scientific method, but still kinda cute. So you seem to be up on things, show me your study that demonstrates the factors that make rape different in Denmark. Until you do, I will rely on American scientists who actually know what they are talking about who have relied on the Danish study. As in, that's how I found the study, as it was cited with approval in the Purdue study.

Oh, and I'm sure, based on your narrow-mindedness about 7 false rape claims and 2 guys, that you couldn't possibly believe that one guy had 12 false rape claims against him. Obviously, even though the women ultimately admitted the falsity of their charges, given the astounding number of 12, they had to be lying in their recantations and the rapes all occurred. I mean, 12 is even more astounding than 7, so a fortiori the 12 rapes occurred.

I won't even get into your gross ignorance on statistics and their relevance in scientific testing. But once again, a hypothesis that can be proved or falsified by statistics starts somewhere. It starts with a single study. Then that study is tested. And so on. Your inexplicable attempt to establish your position by some weird argument about the number of cities is the ultimate strawman argument. The fact there are a lot of cities and Purdue's study didn't cover everyone is utterly immaterial from a scientific point of view. There is a hypothesis regarding the exponential increase in false rape claims, presented in earlier studies, that was supported by the Purdue study. That's it, nothing more, nothing less. Not anywhere near a theory yet, just a budding hypothesis that has not been disproved.

So we have multiple recent studies that indicate an increase in false rape claims.

I will rely on American scientists who actually know what they are talking about who have relied on the Danish study. As in, that's how I found the study, as it was cited with approval in the Purdue study.

No reading comprehension issue here, if you took time out from being a smug asshole, you might be able to comprehend what you typed. You say there are multiple studies, then proceed to cite two studies, the second of which cites the first as the basis for their study. Not nearly multiple enough to base a theory on, so if you have more present it or stop spewing unsupported drivel.

Oh, and I'm sure, based on your narrow-mindedness about 7 false rape claims and 2 guys, that you couldn't possibly believe that one guy had 12 false rape claims against him. Obviously, even though the women ultimately admitted the falsity of their charges, given the astounding number of 12, they had to be lying in their recantations and the rapes all occurred. I mean, 12 is even more astounding than 7, so a fortiori the 12 rapes occurred.

I might say this is not an apples to apples comparison, it is an apples to oranges comparison. But really this is an apples to a pigs sphincter comparison. How do you take twelve women at one event, during a single week coordinating to all claim rape against one individual and compare that to 7 separate women who make claims of rape against two individuals, that happened over a span of sixteen months? I might accuse you of willful ignorance, but then again you just may be that obtuse.

And I will leave you with this, because I think you said it best.

That's it, nothing more, nothing less. Not anywhere near a theory yet, just a budding hypothesis that has not been disproved.

Last edited:
And they follow 100% of the time? Even when they become adults and have moved out of your house?
Nope but over the years I have instilled enough that they know better then to get into that situation. This girl also lives at home. I don't care how old you are If you live in my house you follow my rules. My kids also know I am the parent they are the child. Their age makes no difference. You respect and listen to your elders. They see it with me and my father/mother. My sons also see how I treat my mother and how I treat their mother. They will follow suit. They have learned from me how to treat their mother and one day how treat their wife.

You act surprised by simple parenting and learned behaviors.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Nope but over the years I have instilled enough that they know better then to get into that situation. This girl also lives at home. I don't care how old you are If you live in my house you follow my rules. My kids also know I am the parent they are the child. Their age makes no difference. You respect and listen to your elders. They see it with me and my father/mother. My sons also see how I treat my mother and how I treat their mother. They will follow suit. They have learned from me how to treat their mother and one day how treat their wife.

You act surprised by simple parenting and learned behaviors.

You have never in your life gone against what your parents said? You honestly think your kids obey you 100%? That’s BS, everyone does stupid stuff in life. Most of us are fortunate enough to have minimal consequences of those actions. To equal a choice of an adult with bad parenting shows pure ignorance on ones part.

You have never in your life gone against what your parents said? You honestly think your kids obey you 100%? That’s BS, everyone does stupid stuff in life. Most of us are fortunate enough to have minimal consequences of those actions. To equal a choice of an adult with bad parenting shows pure ignorance on ones part.
Your reading comprehension must be limited. Again no my children don't listen one hundred percent of the time, but they have also been raised to see bad situations and in a case like that, they would listen. Most well raised children would see the issues of running off to an apartment where a guy is talking about having sex.

I'm guessing childhood development classes were not your strong point in school. Do a simple search of "Learned Human Behavior" Educate yourself then pop-off.

Reactions: oldjar07
Your reading comprehension must be limited. Again no my children don't listen one hundred percent of the time, but they have also been raised to see bad situations and in a case like that, they would listen. Most well raised children would see the issues of running off to an apartment where a guy is talking about having sex.

I'm guessing childhood development classes were not your strong point in school. Do a simple search of "Learned Human Behavior" Educate yourself then pop-off.

You are out of it, you can take two kids raised in the same house and have wildly different outcomes, same parents, same rules. Humans are wildly unpredictable and frequently make suspect choices and end up in bad situations. Here is some reading you can do in this. https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&ContentID=3051

In fact, recent research has found that adult and teen brains work differently. Adults think with the prefrontal cortex, the brain’s rational part. This is the part of the brain that responds to situations with good judgment and an awareness of long-term consequences. Teens process information with the amygdala. This is the emotional part.

In teen’s brains, the connections between the emotional part of the brain and the decision-making center are still developing—and not always at the same rate. That’s why when teens have overwhelming emotional input, they can’t explain later what they were thinking. They weren’t thinking as much as they were feeling.

Haha. Did you read this. Thanks for proving my point.

"You’re the most important role model your kids have. Sure, their friends are important to them, but the way you behave and fulfill your responsibilities will have a profound and long-lasting effect on your children."

Reactions: oldjar07
No reading comprehension issue here, if you took time out from being a smug asshole, you might be able to comprehend what you typed. You say there are multiple studies, then proceed to cite two studies, the second of which cites the first as the basis for their study. Not nearly multiple enough to base a theory on, so if you have more present it or stop spewing unsupported drivel.

I might say this is not an apples to apples comparison, it is an apples to oranges comparison. But really this is an apples to a pigs sphincter comparison. How do you take twelve women at one event, during a single week coordinating to all claim rape against one individual and compare that to 7 separate women who make claims of rape against two individuals, that happened over a span of sixteen months? I might accuse you of willful ignorance, but then again you just may be that obtuse.

And I will leave you with this, because I think you said it best.

It’s gotten worse down below since your last post, I see a big lock coming soon!:D

Again, you clearly have no idea what is involved in scientific studies and the scientific method. I guess it doesn't take much science to ask if you want fries with that. But you are showing your gross ignorance with every post.

Did you really want me to describe in detail what all 18 studies I have now read said? I have a dozen or so more to read over the next week or so. Do you want me to summarize those for you without using bigger than 2 syllable words? I used examples to make my point. You understand? Like real adults do. Kind of like coaches who don't view every second of every film of every kid they are recruiting. They use representative examples. Which is what I did. Representative examples that indicate that: 1) The statement that 2% of all rape accusations are false is false in and of itself. Older studies put the number between 2% and 10%, more recent studies put the number higher, as high as 41% in one study. Those are indisputable facts; 2) Recent studies suggest (note, suggest) that far, far more women are making false rape accusations recently, as opposed to in prior decades, in order to get money settlements and/or to get into the public eye. Given that the number of false rape accusations under other categories has remained steady as a percentage of all rape accusations, by definition (simple math, really, you won't have to take off your shoes to do the ciphering) it again suggests that the total percentage of rape accusations that are false is rising as against the total number of rape accusations overall. Again, indisputable facts; 3) There is not enough evidence to determine conclusively yet whether the rise in the percentage of false accusations is a statistical anomaly or indicates a trend. Nevertheless, the most recent studies THAT I HAVE READ (please point out those I missed that are contrary) are all consistent and the hypothesis has not been falsified. Again, indisputable facts, all of which I would take over your emotion-based, non-factual drivel.

You remind me of intelligent design supporters. You have reached an emotions'-based conclusion, so you twist, warp, misstate, and omit the "facts" to reach your predetermined conclusion. On the other hand, I just put out there the facts, take them as you will. I mean anyone else who reads this can take them as they will. You are a lost cause.

Again, you clearly have no idea what is involved in scientific studies and the scientific method. I guess it doesn't take much science to ask if you want fries with that. But you are showing your gross ignorance with every post.

Did you really want me to describe in detail what all 18 studies I have now read said? I have a dozen or so more to read over the next week or so. Do you want me to summarize those for you without using bigger than 2 syllable words? I used examples to make my point. You understand? Like real adults do. Kind of like coaches who don't view every second of every film of every kid they are recruiting. They use representative examples. Which is what I did. Representative examples that indicate that: 1) The statement that 2% of all rape accusations are false is false in and of itself. Older studies put the number between 2% and 10%, more recent studies put the number higher, as high as 41% in one study. Those are indisputable facts; 2) Recent studies suggest (note, suggest) that far, far more women are making false rape accusations recently, as opposed to in prior decades, in order to get money settlements and/or to get into the public eye. Given that the number of false rape accusations under other categories has remained steady as a percentage of all rape accusations, by definition (simple math, really, you won't have to take off your shoes to do the ciphering) it again suggests that the total percentage of rape accusations that are false is rising as against the total number of rape accusations overall. Again, indisputable facts; 3) There is not enough evidence to determine conclusively yet whether the rise in the percentage of false accusations is a statistical anomaly or indicates a trend. Nevertheless, the most recent studies THAT I HAVE READ (please point out those I missed that are contrary) are all consistent and the hypothesis has not been falsified. Again, indisputable facts, all of which I would take over your emotion-based, non-factual drivel.

You remind me of intelligent design supporters. You have reached an emotions'-based conclusion, so you twist, warp, misstate, and omit the "facts" to reach your predetermined conclusion. On the other hand, I just put out there the facts, take them as you will. I mean anyone else who reads this can take them as they will. You are a lost cause.

So you again mention the one study showed as high as 41% in one city. In the study do they say if they believe the conditions and any other variables in this one city, mirror those of every other city or town in the United States? Do you believe that they mirror those of every other city or town? You also failed to address the enormous differences between your Mike Tyson story and the Hunt Legrone story. Or the fact that this particular story doesn’t probably compare to the studies where they were looking for money or fame.

I didn’t insult your intelligence as you did mine, I just disagreed with you. But thanks, it went even further to show that you are a pompous douche. But it kind of makes sense, I take it you are a frat boy graduate of Duke. So I assume date rape is in you and your frat brethren’s wheelhouse. So you get triggered when this topic comes up, because it disrupts the story you’ve been telling yourself, that they were begging for it.

Finally, don’t worry about me I haven’t served fries since high school. I’m doing just fine, I work in the Transportation Engineering field. I design Interstate systems, safety barriers and drainage systems.

Reactions: Winston Smith 84
Finally, don’t worry about me I haven’t served fries since high school. I’m doing just fine, I work in the Transportation Engineering field. I design Interstate systems, safety barriers and drainage systems.

Ah, I've called you a dumb a-hole close to a hundred times....

Reactions: Bruce1981
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT