ADVERTISEMENT

“Prime” winning the off season!!

Ah, so team meetings are optional, or would other players be able to miss because of something they scheduled? I’m sure dad, er I mean coach knew ahead of time to excuse them for sure. Just wondering if the policy has been applied to others on the team if they had something scheduled for a team meeting.

Seems like the old Jimmy story of walking up troy aikman when he fell asleep at a team meeting but cutting the back on special teams. If that’s your thing, go for it.
No, it’s worse missing a team meeting. Sends a horrible message. I think you misunderstood what I meant. He definitely treats his kids differently and it will cause resentment.

Reactions: baseball31ne
No, it’s worse missing a team meeting. Sends a horrible message. I think you misunderstood what I meant. He definitely treats his kids differently and it will cause resentment.
I did and I apologize. He is a dad, entertainer, showman, all ahead of being a coach. No problem if he does all of the first three to the fullest but then being a coach has to come in last.

Good on Prime. Like to see that.
I like to see it as well, but will be interesting what he actually does about it. Say this happens during the season, and it is a star player. Is he going to bench them or is he just going to say something for his TV show that makes him look fake mad?

If he is sincere and is actually going to do something, good on Prime. I feel like this continues just to be part of his show and flash.

I like to see it as well, but will be interesting what he actually does about it. Say this happens during the season, and it is a star player. Is he going to bench them or is he just going to say something for his TV show that makes him look fake mad?

If he is sincere and is actually going to do something, good on Prime. I feel like this continues just to be part of his show and flash.
Certainly his hiring of Sapp isnt about show and flash and is all about wanting to put leaders and quality people around these young men.

It should never have been a problem to begin with. If he and his staff were monitoring these things he would have already known and could have addressed it before the professor needed to alert him to the problem. Putting out a video was nothing more than Sanders being an attention whore attempting to show everyone that he is dealing with issues.

Good point, and Tuco’s as well, the prof forced him to do something. At least he stepped up and did something. Follow through will be important.

Sounds like a Zoom class?

I hated that, kids not putting their camera on or not sitting up, having me on mute (I don't blame them)

It was super annoying.

100%. I see this with my son's youth baseball. One of his teammates can be a total jerk, bad body language, has given attitude & poor effort to coaches at times. He's not this way all the time, but he's the only one on the team who acts this way, yet he's the only one who hasn't sat the bench yet...

I know the coaches hate this players attitude, but nothing is being done about it (in terms of playing time). The problem with this player will, of course, continue.

Reactions: leodisflowers
"It's so different now," Sanders admitted. "Most of the schooling is online. They go to classes and I'm like, 'You guys are missing the best part of college to walk around and be on campus and build an atmosphere and build relationships on campus with other students outside of football. That's the best part of it.

I agree 100%. Not that I "made friends" while walking on campus but part of the excitement or romanticized version of college is walking on campus, the old buildings, the students, the Union, there is something special about it. Walking to class with a friend or two from your dorm or Frat, bullshitting during the walk.

It is like golf, I love golfing MORE for the social aspect of talking to my friends. I won't golf alone, that sounds boring to me.

During covid so many students dropped out because their life was online classes and sitting your their dorm room. That is not college.

"It's so different now," Sanders admitted. "Most of the schooling is online. They go to classes and I'm like, 'You guys are missing the best part of college to walk around and be on campus and build an atmosphere and build relationships on campus with other students outside of football. That's the best part of it.

I agree 100%. Not that I "made friends" while walking on campus but part of the excitement or romanticized version of college is walking on campus, the old buildings, the students, the Union, there is something special about it. Walking to class with a friend or two from your dorm or Frat, bullshitting during the walk.

It is like golf, I love golfing MORE for the social aspect of talking to my friends. I won't golf alone, that sounds boring to me.

During covid so many students dropped out because their life was online classes and sitting your their dorm room. That is not college.
Deion attended fewer classes on campus that his kid is.

• Haha
Reactions: timnsun
https://www.si.com/college/colorado/buffs-social/shedeur-sanders-goes-back-to-the-classroom

Shedeur Sanders recently did something he hasn't done in a long time. The Colorado Buffaloes quarterback attended an in-person lecture on campus for the first time in over a year. He even chronicled the event in a video posted on Wednesday.

Sanders walked into his chemistry class and caused an uproar. “Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve been to one in-person class?” he said.
I highly doubt he’ll be a Academic all American

It all started when school districts told PE teachers to no longer pick 2 captains who would then pick their teams for dodge ball!

CU lost 5 players to the portal in the last 48hrs, 2 offensive lineman and one DL.... all guys I think they were counting on....they were pretty thin on both lines to start with. I'm starting to think if your last name isn't Hunter or Sanders, CU and playing for Deion isn't what a lot of players were hoping for.

I was 50/50 on how this would work out, could have seen success and or failure, I no longer see the path to success. Deion is getting weirder by the day....we better blow their doors off this year.

CU lost 5 players to the portal in the last 48hrs, 2 offensive lineman and one DL.... all guys I think they were counting on....they were pretty thin on both lines to start with. I'm starting to think if your last name isn't Hunter or Sanders, CU and playing for Deion isn't what a lot of players were hoping for.

I was 50/50 on how this would work out, could have seen success and or failure, I no longer see the path to success. Deion is getting weirder by the day....we better blow their doors off this year.
It’s so difficult for me buuuut ….

I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them! I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them! I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them! I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them! I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them! I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them! I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them! I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them!

It’s so difficult for me buuuut ….

I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them! I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them! I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them! I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them! I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them! I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them! I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them! I will not talk trash about CO until after we beat them!
Getting beat by them last year was a black eye for Rhule. Getting beat by them this year at home would be a much bigger black eye. Let’s hope like hell it doesn’t happen.

Getting beat by them last year was a black eye for Rhule. Getting beat by them this year at home would be a much bigger black eye. Let’s hope like hell it doesn’t happen.
Nobody expected a Rhule coached team to beat a Prime coached team, so I’m not sure it was a black eye, per say

I don’t know that we’ll be favored against CU this year, either

I agree we better win, public perception be damned

Reactions: V-Doub and Laner2
Nobody expected a Rhule coached team to beat a Prime coached team, so I’m not sure it was a black eye, per say

Out of the first 7 games, this is probably the only one where the Huskers are not at least -3.

We will definitely be favored at home.

Edit - if nothing else Huskers will drive the line up.😁

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT