Hunt and LeGrone news

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by Thrasher31, Dec 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldjar07

oldjar07 Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

What the hell does their size have to do with anything? It's pretty clear she never said no and it wasn't rape. Probably why charges were never filed.

TheNewNU and Husker_AMG63 like this.
  2. Lincoln100

Lincoln100 Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

If there is no sign of force, that's one indication of whether or not it was consensual. If there is no sign of force, then it is her word against his word. So what did she tell investigators about what was said by all the parties and what was done by all the parties? Maybe only a few people know, but what was reported in that article isn't especially convincing. There are lots of different ways to tell people "no." If she did that, then these guys can go to jail. If the extent of her response was "why are you rubbing my butt," and then proceeded to appear to willingly participate, then these guys shouldn't be in jail.

TheNewNU likes this.
  3. Tuco Salamanca

Tuco Salamanca Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

In before the lock.

4. mrruffin10

mrruffin10 Redshirt Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Know it makes you uncomfortable that poor becky got tag teamed but there is nothing in this that tells me she was raped. Lying about having sex with her is not rape..her texting after that she was rapes means nothing..she reported they all had sex, so she was not blindfolded and tricked..her report never says anything about being forced..never says no..stop.

NikkiSixx, TheNewNU and Husker_AMG63 like this.
  5. artguy68

artguy68 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

This thread itself is proof it is true.

6. TheBeav815

TheBeav815 Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

Ok well maybe you should teach a class to women about how to do a better job of trying to say no before getting raped. Sounds like you've got it all sorted, maybe the University would be receptive in light of this story.

Or maybe they wouldn't want the class and you could see if they say no to you in a way you find sufficiently convincing.

artguy68 likes this.
  7. oldjar07

oldjar07 Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

So because men are bigger than women, that makes them rapists? Got it.

8. jmliehr

jmliehr Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

While not rape, I had a handgun and AR-15 placed to my head during a robbery. I never said no because I was afraid I would be dead. Children don’t say no to their physical and sexual abusers often for many reasons. Just because she didn’t say no verbally doesn’t mean she wasn’t coerced and intimidated into sex which is by legal definition rape. To be clear, I don’t know one way or the other, but someone who reads a beyond third party account on ESPN and can make a definitive statement that she never said no is part of the issue. Beyond that you are many other things that would risk me being banned for saying.

9. huskerfan66

huskerfan66 Assistant Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Quid pro quo against your boss

10. Lincoln100

Expand Collapse

It’s hard, I know, but just because an issue is difficult, there still needs to be evidence. Your emotion is clouding your ability to have a sensible conversation

bshirt73 likes this.
  11. aNUstart

aNUstart Walk On
    Expand Collapse

No, that's not clear at all.

I agree with the earlier poster who said poor decisions were made by all three, that's the only thing that's clear here.

bshirt73 and Husker_AMG63 like this.
  12. red runner

red runner Walk On
    Expand Collapse

They should have recorded it and sent a copy to Mo Washington for safekeeping.

TheNewNU and Husker.Wed. like this.
  13. jmliehr

jmliehr Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

You have major issues with women and society in general, I strongly urge you to seek professional counseling to work on your issues. This type of hate speech is disgusting.

Husker Todd, TheBeav815 and artguy68 like this.
  14. aNUstart

aNUstart Walk On
    Expand Collapse

Too soon?

LonghornInOmaha likes this.
  15. HuskerBlueDevil

Expand Collapse

This is just a general statement, not meant to be a comment on Hunt or LeGrone's guilt or innocence. But more and more men are suing Universities for the failure of the school to provide due process when they are accused of sexual assault, sexual-based stalking etc. And by and in large they are winning as the courts are finding that the schools are basically taking the women's word and not allowing the accused to make any sort of effective challenge to the accusation. As one court put it (paraphrasing here) "the school's review board took the guilty until proven innocent about as far as you can take it."

bshirt73, TheNewNU and oldjar07 like this.
  16. jmliehr

jmliehr Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

Sexual contact in Nebraska requires consent, not saying no does not imply consent. You may want to believe whatever you want but the law is clear.

It is very possible the players assumed consent and feel they did nothing wrong yet the woman still insists they never gave consent. These things can be very hard to prove and the female may not want to rehash.

JDskibum and TheBeav815 like this.
  17. artguy68

artguy68 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Somehow you think you have all the evidence. You don't.

We know she went to the police and reported rape. We know she wrote in texts directly after that she was raped. We know the players lied about what happened to the police.

The Beav is looking at things sensibly and reasonably. Accusing him of being too emotional looks more like a cop out because you have no better answer.

JDskibum, TheBeav815 and Yossarian23 like this.
  18. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

Yikes

58 headcard, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    tpmcg likes this.
  19. Lincoln100

Expand Collapse

Yup, what all said and did during the incident is what matters. If they were threatening in any way, I hope she told law enforcement. Prosecutors take this stuff sort of seriously and will file even in he said she said situations.

20. Lincoln100

Expand Collapse

Good lord dude, so his response that I should teach a class was sensible? It was a silly response to my logical response, which he didn’t like:

21. artguy68

artguy68 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

According to numerous studies, rape accusations that turned out to be false are 2% of all rape accusations.

According to numerous studies, 90% of rapes go unreported.

TheBeav815 likes this.
  22. mrruffin10

Expand Collapse

You should see a dr..where you raped as well? What is required consent...mind reading? I must be crazy if I believe in innocent until proven guilty. Im sure you are in full support of the good ol days when they march to somebody's yard and hang them from a tree for this kinda stuff.

62 mrruffin10, Dec 5, 2019
    bshirt73 and Husker_AMG63 like this.
  23. cubsker

cubsker Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

I call people rapists after they've been convicted in a court of law with real lawyers, real witnesses, real testimony, and a real jury. Silly me.

bshirt73 and oldjar07 like this.
  24. mrruffin10

Expand Collapse

Nobody ever goes back on rape accusations because they would face criminal charges themselves. Impossible to get statistics on this, most of the time its one persons word vs another. In this case her own account doesnt even imply rape.

Husker_AMG63 likes this.
  25. oldjar07

oldjar07 Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

And those studies didn't have an agenda...:rolleyes:

26. jmliehr

jmliehr Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

Seriously? You don’t know what consent means? Ignoring your juvenile attempt at an insult, consent is getting confirmation that someone wants to do something verbally without coercion or intimidation.

TheBeav815 and headcard like this.
  27. HuskerBlueDevil

Expand Collapse

That's not really the point of my post. The courts were not deciding guilt or innocence, nor were they even primarily dealing with rape accusations. They were dealing with all sorts of sexual-based accusations, like stalking or other forms of harassment as well. The point they were making is that the Universities were not giving the accused males a fair chance to respond to the accusations. One of the more egregious examples that I recall was a situation where the male accused of stalking was given 30 minutes to present his side of the story before a review board, and his attorney was not able to question his accuser as she wasn't even at the hearing, but the accuser's faculty advocate was allowed unlimited time to make her case and was allowed to cross-examine the accused.

Edit: And your statement that numerous studies show that 2% of all rapes reports are false appears to be false itself. A quick search shows that the studies show that between 2% and 10% of all rape accusations are false, with average of the studies at roughly 5.7%. But yes, that is still a miniscule amount.

67 HuskerBlueDevil, Dec 5, 2019
  28. cubsker

cubsker Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

We also know charges haven't been filed.

29. artguy68

artguy68 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Um, it is not impossible. It has been done many times, by governments, universities, and research organizations. Look it up. Use this thing called Google.

And to say that this doesn't even imply rape means you don't believe her own statements, and you believe those of the two players who first lied to police about it. That says a lot about who you are.

TheBeav815 likes this.
  30. artguy68

artguy68 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

You call that evidence? It is not.

TheBeav815 likes this.
  31. cubsker

cubsker Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

It is informative.

bshirt73 likes this.
  32. mrruffin10

Expand Collapse

So if there is not verbal confirmation its rape? "Do you mind if I stick my penis in your vagina" said no man ever. Maybe written approval should be required as well. The police clearly disagree with your investigation.

33. artguy68

artguy68 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

I teach at a college and this is certainly not the system. Your story is refers to an exception to the rule, the exception to the way colleges handle such cases, not the rule itself.

TheBeav815 likes this.
  34. mrruffin10

Expand Collapse

The police agree with me as well, so maybe im not the one whose character should be in question. What part of her statement was evidence of rape?

35. artguy68

artguy68 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Jmlier is right, you have no idea what consent it. You just proved it.

TheBeav815 and jmliehr like this.
  36. artguy68

artguy68 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

This part:
    "A woman reported an incident to the Lincoln Police Department the night it happened, according to Nebraska's findings and a police report obtained by Outside the Lines. The police report notes only that a rape was reported at an off-campus apartment on the evening of Aug. 25."

TheBeav815 likes this.
  37. jmliehr

jmliehr Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

Show me where I’ve claimed anything regarding charges or guilt, I posted that it’s possible the players felt they had consent. There is a drastic difference between being guilty and a prosecutor feeling as though they have enough evidence to bring a case. Not being charged does not mean the police or prosecution has declared them innocent.

TheBeav815 likes this.
  38. cubsker

cubsker Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

There are countless examples of how silly the procedures are that universities use. If cross examination doesn't happen, then the proceeding is a sham.

39. HuskerBlueDevil

Expand Collapse

I read federal legal cases as part of my job. I haven't bothered counting the cases I have read on the subject, but I would guess it is in the neighborhood of 30-40 in the last year. Before that these sorts of cases were almost non-existent. And as I said, in not one of the cases did the school win. True, a handful of cases involved denial of a motion to dismiss or for summary judgment, which technically meant that the plaintiff could still lose at trial. However, judges often provide a hint of how they see things going when ruling on a Rule 12 or a Rule 56 motion, to try and prod the parties toward settlement. And it was pretty obvious in the cases I read that the judges were pretty unhappy with the schools' lack of due process. The fact that you can cite to the system in one school is immaterial to whether or not these cases exist, whether they are becoming exponentially more common, and the fact that the schools are losing at a significant rate. And while I can't recall each school involved, the cases didn't all involve 2-3 schools that were particularly unfair. I do seem to remember thinking that the schools involved tended to be more eastern schools, but I may be wrong on that.

cubsker likes this.
  40. PeliniTheCrutch

PeliniTheCrutch Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

artguy, we’re gonna need a back story my man. Who close to you has been involved in something like this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.