ADVERTISEMENT

How can Martinez be the best QB

He’s come back well from his turnovers. If he is able to get out of bed tomorrow I’ll be impressed with the punishment he’s taken, plus Mills just smacked him in the back to get the touchdown.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Adrian turns it around in the 4th qtr. Rutgers defense is gassed, Nebraska should score again the next time they get the ball, hope the ST's and D can do their part to close this game out.

He hasn’t played great but let’s be honest. Frost hasn’t played to AM’s strengths. He’s stuck between what he wants us to be and what we are. We don’t have a better option that AM right now...frost needs to start helping him.

He hasn’t played great but let’s be honest. Frost hasn’t played to AM’s strengths. He’s stuck between what he wants us to be and what we are. We don’t have a better option that AM right now...frost needs to start helping him.
The thing that is so frustrating is that he chucks up some terrible balls one minute and then throws a perfect pass the next minutes in to a tight window for a TD. He HAS to learn to cover up the ball when he's running in traffic. The guy is a dynamic runner when he isn't fumbling. He's way quicker than one would think. Tonight you could see why Frost recruited him. He runs by guys and doesn't even look like he's trying.

All the qbs that have left are worse and so are other qbs on the roster...Our qb evaluations haven't been good for a while.

All the qbs that have left are worse and so are other qbs on the roster...Our qb evaluations haven't been good for a while.
Martinez is an elite athlete with a strong arm. It's pretty damned hard to know for sure what you're going to get from a kid when he's facing a Power 5 defense. It will be interesting to see if they can do something to improve his passing accuracy and ball security. It's hard to judge his decision making on some of the plays with only the TV camera to to judge them by. Sometimes the angle doesn't show a safety or linebacker just off the screen that can affect where he might go with the ball.

McCaffrey has shown some flashes but he's not a drop back pocket passer. He has to be a run first pass second QB. He as well is an elite athlete playing QB.

Smothers? Who knows? Nobody has even seen him in a spring scrimmage.

Its weird how we have a qb thats completing over 70% of his passes over the last 4 games and we are talking about how terrible he is. I agree that he isnt going to win us a trophy, its just bizarre that he can have stats like that and we all feel like he isn't very good.

AM reminds me of a QB who doesn’t know how to slide and always gets hurt by twisting his ankles. Except he just doesn’t know how to get tackled. He looks really awkward when he gets hit. Almost dives down onto his chest which causes fumbles. His touchdowns when he dives and tucks and rolls even look weird.

Its weird how we have a qb thats completing over 70% of his passes over the last 4 games and we are talking about how terrible he is. I agree that he isnt going to win us a trophy, its just bizarre that he can have stats like that and we all feel like he isn't very good.
Its' the interceptions and times he misses wide open guys. Frost's offense and play calling is providing him open targets. He's just inconsistent and it blows our minds. The fumbles and INTs tonight were inexcusable. At least he was playing balls to the walls and letting it all hang out tonight. He ran the ball extremely well tonight other than the brain fart not securing the ball fumbles.

AM reminds me of a QB who doesn’t know how to slide and always gets hurt by twisting his ankles. Except he just doesn’t know how to get tackled. He looks really awkward when he gets hit. Almost dives down onto his chest which causes fumbles. His touchdowns when he dives and tucks and rolls even look weird.
And yet he was 24-28 for 255 yards with another 150 yards rushing tonight. That's like Heisman quality numbers.

I used to say that Steve Taylor was the most schizophrenic qb I've ever seen. He would either be lights out unstoppable or just a total head-case, but it was a game-to-game thing. Amart has definitely taken that mantle from him. Its not an individual game type of thing with him, it happens from one play to the next.

Its' the interceptions and times he misses wide open guys. Frost's offense and play calling is providing him open targets. He's just inconsistent and it blows our minds. The fumbles and INTs tonight were inexcusable. At least he was playing balls to the walls and letting it all hang out tonight. He ran the ball extremely well tonight other than the brain fart not securing the ball fumbles.
Can't he run balls to the wall without diving on his head and fumbling the ball?

• Haha
Reactions: Bruce1981
Let's not recruit QBs named Martinez again
a cartel named martinez has threatened the upper management at Nebraska, that they better have a guy named martinez pass, or else...thus statements like "we got better!"

How many turnovers? How many TDs in those 4 games? Those stats matter too.

I sort of see it for what it is. He can make some plays running and is somewhat adequate as a passer. But he struggles big time with pressure, because he does not read defenses well and that forces him into errors. I think he will continue to be turnover prone to excess. The bad thing is that I think coach Frost thinks he can fix him, and he'll be our guy again next season. Hopefully with his fourth year in the program he can lead us to more wins than losses.

I hope Frost is full of BS coach speak when he says McCaffrey is the future of the program. He is not. Great athlete, but not a good passer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT