ADVERTISEMENT

Home schooling...

our local private school just suspended three boys for for 1 whole day for showing their junk to a girl in shop class. And that was after a teacher warned them to stop doing it. Guess that's not a big deal since it didn't happen in a public school. Of course if it had it would have happened at a public school it would be all over the news and the lot of you would be clamoring about how bad public schools are. Meanwhile the 3 boys would have been expelled from school.
Private school with a shop? No way. The point of private school is to ensure the only shop you visit is when your Defender needs blinker fluid.

Reactions: cavalot
Why do they insist on hitting someone on the back of the head? Thats hard on hands.

amy-poehler-bitches-are-crazy.gif

• Love
Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
"Teachers are overpaid and should quit bitching about money"

Also: "Break up those fights, keep an orderly classroom, teach the kids, help the kids that are struggling, challenge the kids that are excelling, show up to their events, support their emotional needs, be sure to look at each kid each day to see if there are bruises and then call CPS and the police, find out about their lives but of course, don't pry, give homework but also don't give homework, wake up that kid that is sleeping in class but also don't wake him up because he had to work the night shift to help support his family, contact parents all the time but also be ready to be told that from 8-3 they are your problem"

Meanwhile: "Yeah, I am 100% work from home now, the boss tried to make us come in one day a week but we all threatened to quit so he shut the **** up. It is great, I wake up around 9am, login to my computer, work for a few minutes, then go for a walk and listen to podcasts"

"Teachers are overpaid and should quit bitching about money"

Also: "Break up those fights, keep an orderly classroom, teach the kids, help the kids that are struggling, challenge the kids that are excelling, show up to their events, support their emotional needs, be sure to look at each kid each day to see if there are bruises and then call CPS and the police, find out about their lives but of course, don't pry, give homework but also don't give homework, wake up that kid that is sleeping in class but also don't wake him up because he had to work the night shift to help support his family, contact parents all the time but also be ready to be told that from 8-3 they are your problem"

Meanwhile: "Yeah, I am 100% work from home now, the boss tried to make us come in one day a week but we all threatened to quit so he shut the **** up. It is great, I wake up around 9am, login to my computer, work for a few minutes, then go for a walk and listen to podcasts"

too much is expected of teachers. societal decay is a cause of dysfunctional learning environments. work from home is nice.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Nope. And they'll continue to laugh at, put up with, make excuses for, ignore this shit until it hits them square in the jaw.
But lets not make observations and form opinions based upon facts. Oh no no, we cant have that and if you say the wrong thing, you'll be censored, canceled or worse, killed by those who cant shut you up.

Continue laughing.

Reactions: Jaemekon
Nope. And they'll continue to laugh at, put up with, make excuses for, ignore this shit until it hits them square in the jaw.
But lets not make observations and form opinions based upon facts. Oh no no, we cant have that and if you say the wrong thing, you'll be censored, canceled or worse, killed by those who cant shut you up.

Continue laughing.
You are pretty much 100% accurate on this.

Continue laughing.
read an article recently that described the belief in sex as being a biological determination or 'binary' as a 'false belief' or 'misinformation'... the way the 'media' basically just picks what they consider to be 'truth'. They'll take something that a decade ago was an accepted fact, that still is biologically IRREFUTABLE, question it for a reason that benefits them politically (have zero idea why this hysteria is even a thing), and then label what was accepted as law previously as 'conspiracy'.

This is 'NewSpeak', straight outta Orwell. This is 1984, on display.

Reactions: Jaemekon
I just got an email yesterday from Lincoln public schools, which told me the god awful news that Standing Bear High School will not be taking juniors and seniors.

This means that my daughter would still have to go all the way to southwest. That is just way too far from my home, standing Bear is basically my backyard.

Anyway, due to this development, I will be homeschooling my daughter instead. Any suggestions for the best way to home school? I'm not trying to do the church thing or any of that.
Not doing the "church thing" is a VERY good start. As a 35 year ex teacher, coach, principal and Supt. I say give her clear academic expectations and reasonable structure in your efforts. Lots of work for parents if a valid experience is expected. The second school may not seem so far away if the parental role is taken seriously !!!

I just got an email yesterday from Lincoln public schools, which told me the god awful news that Standing Bear High School will not be taking juniors and seniors.

This means that my daughter would still have to go all the way to southwest. That is just way too far from my home, standing Bear is basically my backyard.

Anyway, due to this development, I will be homeschooling my daughter instead. Any suggestions for the best way to home school? I'm not trying to do the church thing or any of that.

Not doing the "church thing" is a VERY good start. As a 35 year ex teacher, coach, principal and Supt. I say give her clear academic expectations and reasonable structure in your efforts. Lots of work for parents if a valid experience is expected. The second school may not seem so far away if the parental role is taken seriously !!!
What is wrong with private schools? Or are you just talking about church?

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT