ADVERTISEMENT

Home schooling...

In my way of thinking, the defense is predicated on if the bully is older or a lot bigger, then all bets are off.

they were described to me by my daughter as "basic white bltches". so i assume they are at least taller than my daughter, she is small and petite (kind of an easy target).

it's always all bets off with my daughter.

The first time they see someone who really knows how to defend themselves, the activity slows down a lot.

No kids should be victims of bullies. It's just as much the parents fault as the kid. Another reason I hated school.

As a dad, I didn't put up with that bullshit, I told my kids to try to avoid conflict, but if the bully persisted, throw down and shut them the **** up.

I didn't encourage it, but kids are supposed to be there to learn, not look over their shoulder.

Every student should have the right to defend themselves to their best ability.
Amen!

they were described to me by my daughter as "basic white bltches". so i assume they are at least taller than my daughter, she is small and petite (kind of an easy target).

Comedy Reaction GIF by CBS

Yeah, maybe tell her to not call them that?? hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Jaemekon

If a bigger, taller girl grabs her, just have her take her middle and index finger and go straight to the throat as she steps away. That eliminates the reach advantage, and can send a pretty strong message not to mess with her.

• Love
If a bigger, taller girl grabs her, just have her take her middle and index finger and go straight to the throat as she steps away. That eliminates the reach advantage, and can send a pretty strong message not to mess with her.

most definitely. eyes, nose, teeth, and throat.

most definitely. eyes, nose, teeth, and throat.
Should consider enrolling her in self defense class, not the YMCA type.

Just a basic front punch, reverse punch and a quality sidekick is about all it takes to end a fight, you don't mess 'em up too bad.

So, she's a loose cannon like someone else we know?

• Wow
Semi-racist post coming…

Couple good friends who used to teach in OPS…they both told me when everything cleared after two girls fought(and they usually go to a different level than the dudes), because of all the weaves and such, the hallway basically looked like your backyard when run over a nerf football with your lawn mower.

I couldn’t stop laughing when I heard it the first time and the visual is perfect!

Semi-racist post coming…

Couple good friends who used to teach in OPS…they both told me when everything cleared after two girls fought(and they usually go to a different level than the dudes), because of all the weaves and such, the hallway basically looked like your backyard when run over a nerf football with your lawn mower.

I couldn’t stop laughing when I heard it the first time and the visual is perfect!
All the teachers here know how that goes!

Classic stuff!

Reactions: Lars72
Semi-racist post coming…

Worst school I ever taught at was downtown Omaha, Middle School.

Good lord some of those ****ing kids...

Don't like the kid yelling at Jill to shut the fvck up...but I also didn't like that lady cyclist giving the last Prez the bird as he rode by and becoming a celebrity within that party's ranks....I think we've forgotten how to be civil.

Reactions: WHCSC and NikkiSixx
Don't like the kid yelling at Jill to shut the fvck up...but I also didn't like that lady cyclist giving the last Prez the bird as he rode by and becoming a celebrity within that party's ranks....I think we've forgotten how to be civil.
Some of us were still perfectly civil until(and through) the last 10 years happened. It has its limits.

But in all seriousness...kudos to you. That takes a great parent and I applaud you sir.

I just got an email yesterday from Lincoln public schools, which told me the god awful news that Standing Bear High School will not be taking juniors and seniors.

This means that my daughter would still have to go all the way to southwest. That is just way too far from my home, standing Bear is basically my backyard.

Anyway, due to this development, I will be homeschooling my daughter instead. Any suggestions for the best way to home school? I'm not trying to do the church thing or any of that.
To do it right will be hard work for mom and/or dad !

our local private school just suspended three boys for for 1 whole day for showing their junk to a girl in shop class. And that was after a teacher warned them to stop doing it. Guess that's not a big deal since it didn't happen in a public school. Of course if it had it would have happened at a public school it would be all over the news and the lot of you would be clamoring about how bad public schools are. Meanwhile the 3 boys would have been expelled from school.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: WHCSC and Jaemekon
our local private school just suspended three boys for for 1 whole day for showing their junk to a girl in shop class. And that was after a teacher warned them to stop doing it. Guess that's not a big deal since it didn't happen in a public school. Of course if it had it would have happened at a public school it would be all over the news and the lot of you would be clamoring about how bad public schools are. Meanwhile the 3 boys would have been expelled from school.
You think people are throwing a party over it? Like its a cause for celebration?

You think people are throwing a party over it? Like its a cause for celebration?
No! Did I say that? I think more should have been done. I think that while were labeling all public schools as bad we should be able to acknowledge that private schools are far from perfect. Very far!

Reactions: huskerj12

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT